A Study Of The Stickiness Of Cost Of Goods Sold And Operating Costs To Changes In Sales Level In Iran
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark C. Anderson & Rajiv D. Banker & Surya N. Janakiraman, 2003. "Are Selling, General, and Administrative Costs “Sticky”?," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(1), pages 47-63, March.
- Noreen, Eric & Noreen, Eric & Soderstrom, Naomi, 1994. "Are overhead costs strictly proportional to activity? : Evidence from hospital departments," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1-2), pages 255-278, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Orhan Bozkurt & Sukru Dokur & Adem Yildirim, 2014. "The Importance of Cost Calculation Method in the Accounting and Management of Turkish Operating Costs. A Research within the Scope of TAS-2," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 4(2), pages 38-46, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Sanjay Kallapur & Leslie Eldenburg, 2005. "Uncertainty, Real Options, and Cost Behavior: Evidence from Washington State Hospitals," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(5), pages 735-752, December.
- Michael E Bradbury & Tom Scott, 2018. "Do managers forecast asymmetric cost behaviour?," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 43(4), pages 538-554, November.
- Hakan Özkaya, 2021. "Sticky cost behavior: evidence from small and medium sized enterprises in Turkey," Eurasian Business Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 11(2), pages 349-369, June.
- David Aboody & Shai Levi & Dan Weiss, 2018. "Managerial incentives, options, and cost-structure choices," Review of Accounting Studies, Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 422-451, June.
- Tingyong Zhong & Fangcheng Sun & Haiyan Zhou & Jeoung Yul Lee, 2020. "Business Strategy, State-Owned Equity and Cost Stickiness: Evidence from Chinese Firms," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(5), pages 1-21, March.
- Dae-Hyun Kwon, 2019. "Demand Uncertainty, Cost Behavior, and the Asian Financial Crisis: Evidence from Korea," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(8), pages 1-12, April.
- Alexander Brüggen & Jens Zehnder, 2014. "SG&A cost stickiness and equity-based executive compensation: does empire building matter?," Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research (GOR);Nederlands Genootschap voor Besliskunde (NGB), vol. 25(3), pages 169-192, December.
- Hakan Özkaya, 0. "Sticky cost behavior: evidence from small and medium sized enterprises in Turkey," Eurasian Business Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 0, pages 1-21.
- Thomas Guenther & Anja Riehl & Richard Rößler, 2014. "Cost stickiness: state of the art of research and implications," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 24(4), pages 301-318, February.
- Nagar, Neerav & Sen, Kaustav, 2016. "Earnings management in India: Managers’ fixation on operating profits," Journal of International Accounting, Auditing and Taxation, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 1-12.
- Namitha, Chakkappanthodiyil & Shijin, Santhakumar, 2016. "Managerial discretion and agency cost in Indian market," Advances in accounting, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 159-169.
- Ramji Balakrishnan & Thomas Gruca & Deepika Nath, 1996. "The Effect of Service Capability on Operating Costs: An Empirical Study of Ontario Hospitals," Contemporary Accounting Research, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 13(1), pages 177-207, March.
- Irvine, Paul & Park, Shawn Saeyeul & Yildizhan, Celim, 2013.
"Customer-base concentration, profitability and distress across the corporate life cycle,"
53886, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Irvine, Paul & Park, Shawn Saeyeul & Yildizhan, Celim, 2013. "Customer-base concentration, profitability and distress across the corporate life cycle," MPRA Paper 58435, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Byzalov, Dmitri & Chen, Lei (Tony), 2013. "Employment protection legislation, adjustment costs and cross-country differences in cost behavior," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 111-127.
- Karan Gandhi, 2020. "Real earnings management practices for meeting earnings benchmarks: Indian evidence," DECISION: Official Journal of the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, Springer;Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, vol. 47(3), pages 265-291, September.
- Kitching, Karen & Mashruwala, Raj & Pevzner, Mikhail, 2016. "Culture and Cost Stickiness: A Cross-country Study," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 402-417.
- Z. Degraeve & Eva Labro & F. Roodhooft, 2005. "Constructing a Total Cost of Ownership supplier selection methodology based on Activity-Based Costing and mathematical programming," Accounting and Business Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(1), pages 3-27.
- Chae, Soo-Joon & Nakano, Makoto, 2015. "The Effect Of Classification Shifting On Analyst Forecast Accuracy: Evidence From Japan," Hitotsubashi Journal of commerce and management, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 49(1), pages 25-35, October.
- Wulung Li & Ramachandran Natarajan & Yan Zhao & Kenneth Zheng, 2021. "The effect of management control mechanisms through risk-taking incentives on asymmetric cost behavior," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 56(1), pages 219-243, January.
- Lisa Silge & Arnt Wöhrmann, 2021. "Market reaction to asymmetric cost behavior: the impact of long-term growth expectations," Review of Managerial Science, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 309-347, February.
More about this item
Keywordscosts sticky; cost of goods sold; general; administrative and selling costs;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:blg:journl:v:8:y:2013:i:2:p:79-89. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/feulbro.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Mihaela Herciu (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/feulbro.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.