Diagnosing Development Bottlenecks: China and India
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Li, Wei & Mengistae, Taye & Xu, Lixin Colin, 2011. "Diagnosing development bottlenecks : China and India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5641, The World Bank.
References listed on IDEAS
- Meghana Ayyagari & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Vojislav Maksimovic, 2010.
"Formal versus Informal Finance: Evidence from China,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(8), pages 3048-3097, August.
- Ayyagari, Meghana & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Maksimovic, Vojislav, 2008. "Formal versus informal finance : evidence from China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4465, The World Bank.
- Meghana Ayyagari & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Vojislav Maksimovic, 2008.
"How Important Are Financing Constraints? The Role of Finance in the Business Environment,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 22(3), pages 483-516, November.
- Ayyagari, Meghana & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Maksimovic, Vojislav, 2006. "How important are financing constraints ? The role of finance in the business environment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3820, The World Bank.
- Cull, Robert & Xu, Lixin Colin, 2000. "Bureaucrats, State Banks, and the Efficiency of Credit Allocation: The Experience of Chinese State-Owned Enterprises," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 1-31, March.
- Amil Petrin & Jagadeesh Sivadasan, 2006.
"Job Security Does Affect Economic Efficiency: Theory, A New Statistic, and Evidence from Chile,"
NBER Working Papers
12757, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jagadeesh Sivadasan & Amil Petrin, 2007. "Job Security Does Affect Economic Efficiency, Theory, A New Statistic, and Evidence from Chile," 2007 Meeting Papers 183, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Lin, Justin Yifu & Monga, Celestin, 2011. "Growth identification and facilitation : the role of the state in the dynamics of structural change," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5313, The World Bank.
- Amin, Mohammad, 2009.
"Are labor regulations driving computer usage in India's retail stores?,"
Elsevier, vol. 102(1), pages 45-48, January.
- Amin, Mohammad, 2007. "Are labor regulations driving computer usage in India's retail stores ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4274, The World Bank.
- Pandey, Manish & Dong, Xiao-yuan, 2009. "Manufacturing productivity in China and India: The role of institutional changes," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 754-766, December.
- Berkowitz, Daniel & Li, Wei, 2000. "Tax rights in transition economies: a tragedy of the commons?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 369-397, June.
- Barry Bosworth & Susan M. Collins, 2008. "Accounting for Growth: Comparing China and India," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 22(1), pages 45-66, Winter.
- Wendy Dobson, 2007. "Financial reforms in China and India: A comparative analysis," Working Papers Series 09, Rotman Institute for International Business, Joseph L. Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto.
- Hallward-Driemeier, Mary & Wallsten, Scott & Lixin Colin Xu, 2003. "The investment climate and the firm : firm-level evidence from China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3003, The World Bank.
- Ackerberg, Daniel & Caves, Kevin & Frazer, Garth, 2006. "Structural identification of production functions," MPRA Paper 38349, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nazrul Islam, 1995. "Growth Empirics: A Panel Data Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(4), pages 1127-1170.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nurullah Gur, 2012. "Financial Constraints, Quality of Institutions and Firm Size: What Do Perceptions Tell Us?," Eurasian Economic Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 2(2), pages 17-36, December.
- Harrison, Ann E. & Lin, Justin Yifu & Xu, Lixin Colin, 2014.
"Explaining Africa’s (Dis)advantage,"
Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 59-77.
- Harrison,Ann E. & Lin, Justin Yifu & Xu,L. Colin, 2013. "Explaining Africa's (Dis)advantage," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6316, The World Bank.
- Ann E. Harrison & Justin Yifu Lin & L. Colin Xu, 2013. "Explaining Africa's (Dis)advantage," NBER Working Papers 18683, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chris Nyland & Charmine E.J. Härtel & Thin Vu & Cherrie Jiuhua Zhu, 2015. "Hospital Numerical Flexibility and Nurse Economic Security in China and India," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 53(1), pages 136-158, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:obuest:v:73:y:2011:i::p:722-752. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sfeixuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.