Do Accruals Drive Firm-Level Stock Returns? A Variance Decomposition Analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lyle, Matthew R. & Wang, Charles C.Y., 2015. "The cross section of expected holding period returns and their dynamics: A present value approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 116(3), pages 505-525.
- Jeffrey L. Callen, 2016. "Accounting Valuation and Cost of Equity Capital Dynamics," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 52(1), pages 5-25, March.
- Khan, Mozaffar, 2008. "Are accruals mispriced Evidence from tests of an Intertemporal Capital Asset Pricing Model," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 55-77, March.
- Yaniv Konchitchki & Yan Luo & Mary L. Z. Ma & Feng Wu, 2016. "Accounting-based downside risk, cost of capital, and the macroeconomy," Review of Accounting Studies, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 1-36, March.
- Rajgopal, Shiva & Venkatachalam, Mohan, 2011. "Financial reporting quality and idiosyncratic return volatility," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1-2), pages 1-20, February.
- Rajgopal, Shiva & Venkatachalam, Mohan, 2011. "Financial reporting quality and idiosyncratic return volatility," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 1-20.
- Jawad Mohammad & Attiya Yasmin Javid, 2015. "An Analysis of Accrual Anomaly in Case of Karachi Stock Exchange," PIDE-Working Papers 2015:116, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Nikolaev, V., 2007. "Financial reporting, debt contracting and valuation," Other publications TiSEM ff664d18-33b1-44ce-a682-7, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Jeong-Bon Kim & Roland Lipka & Heibatollah Sami, 2012. "Portfolio performance and accounting measures of earnings: an alternative look at usefulness," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 87-107, January.
- Khimich, Natalya, 2017. "A comparison of alternative cash flow and discount rate news proxies," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 31-52.
- Papanastasopoulos, Georgios & Thomakos, Dimitrios & Wang, Tao, 2011.
"Information in balance sheets for future stock returns: Evidence from net operating assets,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 269-282.
- George Papanastasopoulos & Dimitrios Thomakos & Tao Wang, 2007. "Information in Balance Sheets for Future Stock Returns: Evidence from Net Operating Assets," Working Paper series 45_07, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Rahman, Asheq & Yammeesri, Jira & Perera, Hector, 2010. "Financial reporting quality in international settings: A comparative study of the USA, Japan, Thailand, France and Germany," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 1-34, March.
- Maio, Paulo & Philip, Dennis, 2015. "Macro variables and the components of stock returns," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 287-308.
- Clatworthy, Mark A & Pong, Christopher K.M. & Wong, Woon K., 2009. "Auditor Quality and the Role of Accounting Information in Explaining UK Stock Returns," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2009/9, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section, revised Oct 2011.
- Stephen Penman, 2016. "Valuation: Accounting for Risk and the Expected Return," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 52(1), pages 106-130, March.
- Yaowen Shan & Stephen Taylor & Terry Walter, 2013. "Fundamentals or Managerial Discretion? The Relationship between Accrual Variability and Future Stock Return Volatility," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 49(4), pages 441-475, December.
- Jorgensen, Bjorn & Li, Jing & Sadka, Gil, 2012. "Earnings dispersion and aggregate stock returns," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 1-20.
- Lin, Yi-Mien & Lee, Chih-Chen & Chao, Chin-Fang & Liu, Chih-Liang, 2015. "The information content of unexpected stock returns: Evidence from intellectual capital," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 208-225.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:joares:v:42:y:2004:i:3:p:527-560. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-8456 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.