Firms' Voluntary Recognition of Stock-Based Compensation Expense
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shyam Sunder, 2001. "Standards for Corporate Financial Reporting: Regulatory Competition Within and Across International Boundaries," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm245, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Apr 2002.
- S. J. Liebowitz & Stephen E. Margolis, 1994. "Network Externality: An Uncommon Tragedy," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 133-150, Spring.
- Sunder, Shyam, 2002.
"Regulatory competition for low cost-of-capital accounting rules,"
Journal of Accounting and Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 147-149.
- Shyam NMI Sunder, 2002. "Regulatory Competition for Low Cost-of-capital Accounting Rules," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm305, Yale School of Management.
- Shyam NMI Sunder & Matthew A. Cronin & Robert E. Kraut & James Morris & Rahul Telang, 2002.
"Markets for Attention: Will Postage for Email Help?,"
Yale School of Management Working Papers
ysm301, Yale School of Management.
- Shyam Sunder & Matthew Cronin & Darrin Filer & Robert Kraut & James Morris & Rahul Telang & Proceedings the, 2002. "Markets for Attention: Will Postage for Email Help?," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm394, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Oct 2008.
- Shyam NMI Sunder & Ronald A. Dye, 2001. "Why Not Allow the FASB and IASB Standards to Compete in the U.S.?," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm192, Yale School of Management.
- Rong-Ruey Duh & Karim Jamal & Shyam NMI Sunder, 2001.
"Control and Assurance in E-Commerce: Privacy, Integrity and Security at eBay,"
Yale School of Management Working Papers
ysm170, Yale School of Management.
- Rong-Ruey Duh & Shyam Sunder & Karim Jamal, 2002. "Control and Assurance in E-Commerce: Privacy, Integrity, and Security at eBay," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm316, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Jan 2003.
- Michael L. Katz & Carl Shapiro, 1994. "Systems Competition and Network Effects," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 93-115, Spring.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anna Bergman Brown & Paquita Y. Davis-Friday & Lale Guler & Carol Marquardt, 2015. "M&A Decisions and US Firms’ Voluntary Adoption of Clawback Provisions in Executive Compensation Contracts," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(1-2), pages 237-271, January.
- Edward J. Riedl & Suraj Srinivasan, 2007. "Signaling Firm Performance Through Financial Statement Presentation: An Analysis Using Special Items," Harvard Business School Working Papers 09-031, Harvard Business School.
- Larry Prather & Ting-Heng Chu & Paul Bayes, 2009. "Market reactions to announcements to expense options," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 33(3), pages 223-245, July.
- Shilpa Manaktala & John D. Phillips & Karen Teitel, 2004. "The Earnings Quality Consequences of Announcements to Voluntarily Adopt the Fair Value Method of Accounting for Stock-Based Compensation," Working Papers 0413, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Simona FRANZONI, 2010. "International comparison of the remuneration system disclosure," EuroEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 25, pages 35-44, October.
- Christopher S. Armstrong & Mary E. Barth & Alan D. Jagolinzer & Edward J. Riedl, 2008. "Market Reaction to the Adoption of IFRS in Europe," Harvard Business School Working Papers 09-032, Harvard Business School.
- Gormley, Todd A. & Matsa, David A. & Milbourn, Todd, 2013. "CEO compensation and corporate risk: Evidence from a natural experiment," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 79-101.
- Kelly Shue & Richard Townsend, 2016. "Growth through Rigidity: An Explanation for the Rise in CEO Pay," NBER Working Papers 21975, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mahmud Hossain & Santanu Mitra & Zabihollah Rezaee, 2011. "Incremental information content of option-related excess tax benefit under FASB Statement No. 123R: A research note," International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 19(2), pages 146-168, June.
- Koh, Wei Chern, 2011. "What drives firms' decisions to lobby and determinants of their lobbying positions: Evidence from firms' comment letter submissions during FASB's stock option expensing proposal in 2004," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 1-24, March.
- Xiaoyan Cheng & David Smith, 2013. "Disclosure versus recognition: the case of expensing stock options," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 40(4), pages 591-621, May.
- Couch, Robert & Wu, Wei, 2016. "The fair value option for liabilities and stock returns during the financial crisis," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 83-98.
- Choudhary, Preeti, 2011. "Evidence on differences between recognition and disclosure: A comparison of inputs to estimate fair values of employee stock options," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 77-94.
- Barth, Mary E. & Gow, Ian D. & Taylor, Daniel J., 2010. "Non-GAAP and Street Earnings: Evidence from SFAS 123R," Research Papers 2064, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:146:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2891-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Hongfei Tang, 2014. "Are CEO stock option grants optimal? Evidence from family firms and non-family firms around the Sarbanes–Oxley Act," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 251-292, February.
- Chen, Tsung-Kang & Liao, Hsien-Hsing & Chi, Cheng-Ming, 2014. "The economic consequences of regulatory changes in employee stock options on corporate bond holders: SFAS No.123R and structural credit model perspectives," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 381-394.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:joares:v:42:y:2004:i:2:p:123-150. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-8456 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.