Explaining Task Allocation in the EU: ‘Retooling’ Federalism for Comparative Analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- G Majone, 1992. "Regulatory Federalism in the European Community," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 10(3), pages 299-316, September.
- Mark A. Pollack, 2000. "The End of Creeping Competence? EU Policy‐Making Since Maastricht," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(3), pages 519-538, September.
- Kelemen, R. Daniel, 2000. "Regulatory Federalism: EU Environmental Regulation in Comparative Perspective," Journal of Public Policy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(2), pages 133-167, August.
- Kees Van Kersbergen & Bertjan Verbeek, 1994. "The Politics of Subsidiarity in the European Union," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(2), pages 215-236, June.
- March, James G. & Olsen, Johan P., 1998. "The Institutional Dynamics of International Political Orders," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 52(4), pages 943-969, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Cashore, Benjamin & Auld, Graeme & Newsom, Deanna, 2003. "Forest certification (eco-labeling) programs and their policy-making authority: explaining divergence among North American and European case studies," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 225-247, September.
- Blom, Tannelie & Radulova, Elissaveta & Arnold, Christine, 2008. "Theorizing Modes of Governance in the EU: Institutional Design and Informational Complexity," European Governance Papers (EUROGOV) 4, CONNEX and EUROGOV networks.
- Tanja A. Börzel & Thomas Risse, 2009. "Diffusing (Inter-) Regionalism - The EU as a Model of Regional Integration," KFG Working Papers p0007, Free University Berlin.
- Mathew Davies, 2014. "An Agreement to Disagree: The ASEAN Human Rights Declaration and the Absence of Regional Identity in Southeast Asia," Journal of Current Southeast Asian Affairs, Institute of Asian Studies, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies, Hamburg, vol. 33(3), pages 107-129.
- Katja Bender & Sonja Keller & Holger Willing, 2015. "The Role of International Policy Transfer and Diffusion for Policy Change in Social Protection - A Review of the State of the Art," IZNE Social Protection Working Paper 14/1, International Centre for Sustainable Development (IZNE), Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences.
- Kim, Rebecca Chunghee & Yoo, Kate Inyoung & Uddin, Helal, 2018. "The Korean Air nut rage scandal: Domestic versus international responses to a viral incident," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 61(4), pages 533-544.
- Christodoulos Kaoutzanis & Paul Poast & Johannes Urpelainen, 2016. "Not letting ‘bad apples’ spoil the bunch: Democratization and strict international organization accession rules," The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 399-418, December.
- Sophie Perrin & Thomas Bernauer, 2010. "International regime formation revisited: Explaining ratification behaviour with respect to long-range transboundary air pollution agreements in Europe," European Union Politics, , vol. 11(3), pages 405-426, September.
- Sylvia Karlsson-Vinkhuyzen, 2013. "The role of principles for allocating governance levels in the 2002 World Summit on Sustainable Development," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 441-459, November.
- Alberto Alesina & Ignazio Angeloni & Ludger Schuknecht, 2005.
"What does the European Union do?,"
Public Choice, Springer, vol. 123(3), pages 275-319, June.
- Alberto Alesina & Ignazio Angeloni & Ludger Schuknecht, 2001. "What Does the European Union Do?," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1935, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Schuknecht, Ludger & Angeloni, Ignazio & Alesina, Alberto, 2005. "What Does The European Union Do?," Scholarly Articles 4553010, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Alberto Alesina & Ignazio Angeloni & Ludger Schuknecht, 2001. "What Does the European Union Do?," NBER Working Papers 8647, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alberto Alesina & Ignazio Angeloni & Ludger Schuknecht, 2002. "What Does the European Union Do?," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers 61, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Alesina, Alberto F & Angeloni, Ignazio & Schuknecht, Ludger, 2002. "What Does the European Union Do?," CEPR Discussion Papers 3115, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nilsson, Adriana, 2017. "Making norms to tackle global challenges: The role of Intergovernmental Organisations," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 171-181.
- Jørgen K. Knudsen, 2010. "Integration of Environmental Concerns in a Trans‐Atlantic Perspective: The Case of Renewable Electricity," Review of Policy Research, Policy Studies Organization, vol. 27(2), pages 127-146, March.
- Anna Michalski, 2013. "Europeanization of National Foreign Policy: The Case of Denmark's and Sweden's Relations with China," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(5), pages 884-900, September.
- Anne-Kathrin Weber, 2018. "The revival of the Honourable Merchant? Analysing private forest governance at firm level," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 18(4), pages 619-634, August.
- Jun Zhang, 2008. "EU in ASEM: its role in framing inter-regional cooperation with East Asian countries," Asia Europe Journal, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 487-505, November.
- Jasper Krommendijk, 2015. "The domestic effectiveness of international human rights monitoring in established democracies. The case of the UN human rights treaty bodies," The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 489-512, December.
- Marianne Riddervold, 2016. "(Not) in the Hands of the Member States: How the European Commission Influences EU Security and Defence Policies," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(2), pages 353-369, March.
- Lucian Dumitrescu, 2021. "Writing â€œEastnessâ€ : Romania and the Conundrum of Regionness in the Black Sea Area," SAGE Open, , vol. 11(1), pages 21582440219, February.
- Tanja E. Aalberts, 2005. "Sovereignty Reloaded? A Constructivist Perspective on European Research," The Constitutionalism Web-Papers p0010, University of Hamburg, Faculty for Economics and Social Sciences, Department of Social Sciences, Institute of Political Science.
- Keller, Berndt & Sörries, Bernd, 1999. "Der sektorale soziale Dialog und Europäische Sozialpolitik : erste Empirie und Entwicklungsperspektiven (Sectoral social dialogue and European social policy : first empirical analysis and prospects fo," Mitteilungen aus der Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany], vol. 32(1), pages 118-127.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jcmkts:v:52:y:2014:i:4:p:794-809. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-9886 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Wiley Content Delivery (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-9886 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.