Respectability, Roughness and ‘Race’: Neighbourhood Place Images and the Making of Working‐Class Social Distinctions in London
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Olechnowicz, Andrzej, 1997. "Working-Class Housing in England between the Wars: The Becontree Estate," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198206507.
- Max Travers, 1999. "Qualitative Sociology and Social Class," Sociological Research Online, Sociological Research Online, vol. 4(1).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elias le Grand, 2015. "Linking Moralisation and Class Identity: The Role of Ressentiment and Respectability in the Social Reaction to â€˜Chavsâ€™," Sociological Research Online, Sociological Research Online, vol. 20(4), pages 1-15.
- Andrew Wallace, 2010. "New Neighbourhoods, New Citizens? Challenging ‘Community’ as a Framework for Social and Moral Regeneration under New Labour in the UK," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(4), pages 805-819, December.
- Paul Watt, 2008. "The Only Class in Town? Gentrification and the Middle‐Class Colonization of the City and the Urban Imagination," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(1), pages 206-211, March.
- Nathan Marom, 2014. "Relating a City's History and Geography with Bourdieu: One Hundred Years of Spatial Distinction in Tel Aviv," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(4), pages 1344-1362, July.
- Loïc Wacquant, 2008. "Relocating Gentrification: The Working Class, Science and the State in Recent Urban Research," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(1), pages 198-205, March.
- Martina Byrne & Brid Ni Chonaill, 2014. "â€˜Ghettos of the Mindâ€™: Realities and Myths in the Construction of the Social Identity of a Dublin Suburb," Sociological Research Online, Sociological Research Online, vol. 19(3), pages 1-17.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:ijurrs:v:30:y:2006:i:4:p:776-797. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0309-1317 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.