The Influence of Collusion on Price Changes: New Evidence from Major Cartel Cases
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Korbinian von Blanckenburg & Alexander Geist & Konstantin A. Kholodilin, 2010. "The Influence of Collusion on Price Changes: New Evidence from Major Cartel Cases," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1004, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pyle, David H, 1972. "Observed Price Expectations and Interest Rates," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 54(3), pages 275-280, August.
- Dwyer, Gerald P, Jr, et al, 1993. "Tests of Rational Expectations in a Stark Setting," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(418), pages 586-601, May.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30747159 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hommes, Cars & Sonnemans, Joep & Tuinstra, Jan & van de Velden, Henk, 2008.
"Expectations and bubbles in asset pricing experiments,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 116-133, July.
- Hommes, C.H. & Sonnemans, J. & Tuinstra, J. & Velden, H. van de, 2002. "Expectations and Bubbles in Asset Pricing Experiments," CeNDEF Working Papers 02-05, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Wallis, Kenneth F, 1980. "Econometric Implications of the Rational Expectations Hypothesis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(1), pages 49-73, January.
- Christopher D. Carroll, 2003.
"Macroeconomic Expectations of Households and Professional Forecasters,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 118(1), pages 269-298.
- Christopher D Carroll, 2002. "Macroeconomic Expectations of Households and Professional Forecasters," Economics Working Paper Archive 477, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- Souleles, Nicholas S, 2004. "Expectations, Heterogeneous Forecast Errors, and Consumption: Micro Evidence from the Michigan Consumer Sentiment Surveys," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(1), pages 39-72, February.
- Cargill, Thomas F, 1976. "Anticipated Price Changes and Nominal Interest Rates in the 1950's," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 58(3), pages 364-367, August.
- Michael W. M. Roos, 2005. "TV Weather Forecast or Look through the Window? Expert and Consumer Expectations about Macroeconomic Conditions," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(3), pages 415-437, July.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1976. "An Experimental Study of Expectation Formation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(1), pages 17-41, January.
- Turnovsky, Stephen J & Wachter, Michael L, 1972.
"A Test of the "Expectations Hypothesis" Using Directly Observed Wage and Price Expectations,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 54(1), pages 47-54, February.
- Stephen J. Turnovsky & Michael L. Wachter, 1971. "A test of the "expectations hypothesis" using directly observed wage and price expectations," Staff Studies 63, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hey, John D., 1994. "Expectations formation: Rational or adaptive or ...?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 329-349, December.
- Benjamin M. Friedman, 1980. "Survey Evidence on The Rationality of Interest Rate Expectations," NBER Working Papers 0261, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Friedman, Benjamin M., 1980. "Survey evidence on the `rationality' of interest rate expectations," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 453-465, October.
- Cars Hommes & Joep Sonnemans & Jan Tuinstra & Henk van de Velden, 2005.
"Coordination of Expectations in Asset Pricing Experiments,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 18(3), pages 955-980.
- Cars Hommes & Joep Sonnemans & Jan Tuinstra & Henk van de Velden, 2003. "Coordination of Expectations in Asset Pricing Experiments," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 03-010/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Cars Hommes & Joep Sonnemans & Jan Tuinstra & Henk van de Velden, 2004. "Coordination of Expectations in Asset Pricing Experiments," DNB Staff Reports (discontinued) 119, Netherlands Central Bank.
- Barberis, Nicholas & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert, 1998. "A model of investor sentiment," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 307-343, September.
- Baillie, Richard T & Lippens, Robert E & McMahon, Patrick C, 1983. "Testing Rational Expectations and Efficiency in the Foreign Exchange Market," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(3), pages 553-563, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andreoli-Versbach, Patrick & Franck, Jens-Uwe, 2013. "Actions Speak Louder than Words: Econometric Evidence to Target Tacit Collusion in Oligopolistic Markets," Discussion Papers in Economics 16179, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Jan Hendrik Preißler-Jebe, Korbinian von Blanckenburg, Alexander Geist, "undated".
"Comparing Cartel Behavior: A Simulation Analysis with the System of Cartel Markers (SCM),"
201041, Institute of Spatial and Housing Economics, Munster Universitary.
- Preißler-Jebe, Jan Hendrik & von Blanckenburg, Korbinian & Geist, Alexander, 2010. "Comparing cartel behavior: A simulation analysis with the System of Cartel Markers (SCM)," CAWM Discussion Papers 41, University of Münster, Center of Applied Economic Research Münster (CAWM).
- Korbinian von Blanckenburg & Marc Hanfeld & Konstantin A. Kholodilin, 2013. "A Market Screening Model for Price Inconstancies: Empirical Evidence from German Electricity Markets," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1274, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Andrei Y. Shastitko & Svetlana V. Golovanova, 2014.
"Collusion in markets characterized by one large buyer: lessons learned from an antitrust case in Russia,"
HSE Working papers
WP BRP 49/EC/2014, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Shastitko, Andrey E. & Golovanova, Svetlana V., 2014. "Collusion In Markets Characterized By One Large Buyer: Lessons Learned From An Antitrust Case In Russia," EconStor Research Reports 122048, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Andreoli-Versbach, Patrick & Franck, Jens-Uwe, 2015.
"Endogenous price commitment, sticky and leadership pricing: Evidence from the Italian petrol market,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 32-48.
- Andreoli-Versbach, Patrick & Franck, Jens-Uwe, 2013. "Endogenous Price Commitment, Sticky and Leadership Pricing: Evidence from the Italian Petrol Market," Discussion Papers in Economics 16182, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
More about this item
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:germec:v:13:y:2012:i:3:p:245-256. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfsocea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.