The Search for Standard Costing in the United States and Britain
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Armstrong, Peter, 1987. "The rise of accounting controls in British capitalist enterprises," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 415-436, August.
- Tiratsoo, Nick & Tomlimon, Jim, 1997. "Exporting the “Gospel of Productivity”: United States Technical Assistance and British Industry 1945–1960," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 71(01), pages 41-81, March.
- S Broadberry & Nicholas Crafts, 1996.
"British Economic Policy and Industrial Performance in the Early Post-War Period,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0292, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Broadberry, Stephen & Crafts, Nicholas, 1996. "British economic policy and industrial performance in the early post-war period," Economic History Working Papers 20669, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Christopher Napier, 1996. "Accounting and the absence of a business economics tradition in the United Kingdom," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(3), pages 449-481.
- Ingrid Jeacle, 2005. "Accounting and the Construction of Taste: Standard Labour Costs and the Georgian Cabinet-Maker," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 41(2), pages 117-137.
- Napier, C.J., 1996. "Academic Disdain? ***Economists and Accounting in Britain : 1850-1950," Papers 96-133, University of Southampton - Department of Accounting and Management Science.
- Wardell, Mark & Weisenfeld, Leslie W., 1991. "Management accounting and the workplace in the United States and Great Britain," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 16(7), pages 655-670.
- Taylor, Frederick Winslow, 1911. "The Principles of Scientific Management," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number taylor1911.
- Bryer, R. A., 2005. "A Marxist accounting history of the British industrial revolution: a review of evidence and suggestions for research," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 25-65, January.
- Trevor Boyns & John Richard Edwards, 1997. "The Construction of Cost Accounting Systems in Britain to 1900: The Case of the Coal, Iron and Steel Industries," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(3), pages 1-29.
- Michael Scorgie, 1997. "Progenitors of modern management accounting concepts and mensurations in pre-industrial England," Accounting History Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 31-59.
- Chandler, Alfred D., 1984. "The Emergence of Managerial Capitalism," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 58(04), pages 473-503, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yves Levant & Henri Zimnovitch, 2013.
"L'imputation des charges indirectes en France de 1914 aux années 1950 : l'évolution vers la simplicité,"
Comptabilité - Contrôle - Audit,
Association francophone de comptabilité, vol. 19(2), pages 13-39.
- Yves Levant & Henri Zimnovitch, 2012. "L'Imputation Des Charges Indirectes En France De 1914 Aux Annees 1950 : L'Evolution Vers La Simplicite," Post-Print hal-00690929, HAL.
- Christoph Endenich & Michael Brandau & Andreas Hoffjan, 2011.
"Two Decades of Research on Comparative Management Accounting – Achievements and Future Directions,"
Australian Accounting Review,
CPA Australia, vol. 21(4), pages 365-382, December.
- M. Brandau & A. Hoffjan & Chr. Endenich, 2011. "Two Decades of Research on Comparative Management Accounting - Achievements and Future Directions," Post-Print hal-00787928, HAL.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:abacus:v:44:y:2008:i:4:p:341-376. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0001-3072 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.