Study on the association between earnings management and value relevance based on the reporting method used for operating cash flows
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Costel Istrate, 2015. "The Persistence of the Accounting Policies After the Transition to IFRS of the Romanian Listed Companies," Journal of Accounting and Management Information Systems, Faculty of Accounting and Management Information Systems, The Bucharest University of Economic Studies, vol. 14(4), pages 599-626, December.
- Marilena Mironiuc & Maria Carmen Huian, 2016. "Study of the Congruence between Accounting Numbers and Stock Market Variables through Comprehensive Income: Empirical Evidence for Romania Companies Quoted On the Regulated Market," Journal of Accounting and Management Information Systems, Faculty of Accounting and Management Information Systems, The Bucharest University of Economic Studies, vol. 15(3), pages 498-521, September.
- Jiraporn, Pornsit & Miller, Gary A. & Yoon, Soon Suk & Kim, Young S., 2008. "Is earnings management opportunistic or beneficial? An agency theory perspective," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 622-634, June.
- Yoon, Soon Suk & Miller, Gary A., 2002. "Cash from operations and earnings management in Korea," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 395-412.
- Michael Bradbury, 2011. "Direct or Indirect Cash Flow Statements?," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 21(2), pages 124-130, June.
- Paul Hribar & Daniel W. Collins, 2002. "Errors in Estimating Accruals: Implications for Empirical Research," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 105-134, March.
- Roychowdhury, Sugata, 2006. "Earnings management through real activities manipulation," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 335-370, December.
- Filip, Andrei & Raffournier, Bernard, 2010. "The value relevance of earnings in a transition economy: The case of Romania," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 77-103, March.
- Alina Beattrice Vladu & Oriol Amat & Dan Dacian Cuzdriorean, 2014. "Truthfulness in accounting: How to discriminate accounting manipulators from non-manipulators," Economics Working Papers 1434, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Dechow, Patricia M., 1994. "Accounting earnings and cash flows as measures of firm performance : The role of accounting accruals," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 3-42, July.
- David Bond & Martin Bugeja & Robert Czernkowski, 2012. "Did Australian Firms Choose to Switch to Reporting Operating Cash Flows Using the Indirect Method?," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 22(1), pages 18-24, March.
- Wael Mostafa, 2017. "The impact of earnings management on the value relevance of earnings: Empirical evidence from Egypt," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 32(1), pages 50-74, January.
- Barth, Mary E. & Beaver, William H. & Landsman, Wayne R., 2001. "The relevance of the value relevance literature for financial accounting standard setting: another view," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 77-104, September.
- Lev, B, 1989. "On The Usefulness Of Earnings And Earnings Research - Lessons And Directions From 2 Decades Of Empirical-Research," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27, pages 153-192.
- Jones, Jj, 1991. "Earnings Management During Import Relief Investigations," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(2), pages 193-228.
- Susana Callao & Riccardo Cimini & José Ignacio Jarne, 2016. "Value relevance of accounting figures in presence of earnings management. Are enforcement and ownership diffusion really enough?," Journal of Business Economics and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(6), pages 1286-1299, November.
- Kothari, S.P. & Leone, Andrew J. & Wasley, Charles E., 2005. "Performance matched discretionary accrual measures," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 163-197, February.
- Dechow, Patricia M. & Myers, Linda A. & Shakespeare, Catherine, 2010. "Fair value accounting and gains from asset securitizations: A convenient earnings management tool with compensation side-benefits," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1-2), pages 2-25, February.
More about this item
Keywordsaccounting quality; earnings management; value relevance; cash flows;
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting - - - Accounting
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aud:audfin:v:16:y:2018:i:149:p:101. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dumitru Valentin Florentin). General contact details of provider: http://revista.cafr.ro/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.