Cost Of Equity, Financial Information Disclosure, And Ifrs Adoption: A Literature Review
The cost of equity capital is an important indicator for those who operate on the financial markets, especially for managers and financial resources providers. Even if it is not directly observable, and the models used to determine it are still debated, its importance has continuously increased and in the last decade several researchers in the accounting field started to use it in their empirical analyses. The present paper proposes a review of the scientific literature dedicated to the cost of equity capital, by selecting the papers with a major impact in the scientific trends, and also the latest approaches on this subject, and then, by focusing on the studies in the accounting area. From the accounting perspective, the interest is related to the impact of IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) on the cost of equity capital. The utility of this paper is that it reviews the latest scientific works treating the impact of IFRS on the cost of equity capital but also of other variables, thus updating the knowledge base in the Romanian scientific literature.
Volume (Year): 24 (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 (december)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.univath.ro/facultati/facultatea_de_stiinte_economice|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christensen, Hans B. & Lee, Edward & Walker, Martin, 2007. "Cross-sectional variation in the economic consequences of international accounting harmonization: The case of mandatory IFRS adoption in the UK," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 341-379, December.
- M. Gietzmann & J. Ireland, 2005. "Cost of Capital, Strategic Disclosures and Accounting Choice," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(3-4), pages 599-634.
- Barth, Mary E. & Konchitchki, Yaniv & Landsman, Wayne R., 2008.
"Cost of Capital and Earnings Transparency,"
2015, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Rene M. Stulz, 1999. "Globalization of Equity Markets and the Cost of Capital," NBER Working Papers 7021, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Easley & Maureen O'hara, 2004. "Information and the Cost of Capital," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(4), pages 1553-1583, 08.
- Holger Daske & Luzi Hail & Christian Leuz & Rodrigo Verdi, 2008. "Mandatory IFRS Reporting around the World: Early Evidence on the Economic Consequences," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(5), pages 1085-1142, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ath:journl:tome:24:v:4:y:2011:i:24:p:67-80. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Cosmin Catalin Olteanu and Emilia Vasile)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.