Analysis of the Effect of Legal Form and Size Group on the Capital Structure of Agricultural Businesses of Legal Entities
The article deals with the analysis of the effect of legal form and size group on the capital structure of Czech agricultural businesses of legal entities. The effect of three legal forms and six size groups on the capital structure of the business is studied, expressed by way of three categories of indebtedness. The analysis of the effect of legal form and size group is performed by way of an analysis of the dispersion of dual classification. The panel data for the article were obtained from the Albertina database, provided by the company Soliditet, s.r.o. Specifically, data from accounting statements for the years 2004 â€“ 2010 among agricultural businesses of legal entities were utilized. A total of 16075 businesses were the object of examination, which were divided up according to legal forms (joint-stock company (AS), cooperative (D) and limited liability company (SRO) and subsequently the relevant size group (6 size groups). A total of 18 groups of businesses resulted, whereby an average balance and profit and loss statement were drawn up for each group, on the basis of which the relevant calculations were conducted. The article is part of the grant project IGA 20121069 â€œIdentification of the main determinants of the result of economic activity of agricultural businesses of legal entities and the determination of their specificsâ€ and of the institutional research intentions MSM 6046070906 â€žEconomics sources of Czech agriculture and their efficient use in the context of multifunctional agri-food systemsâ€œ.
Volume (Year): 5 (2013)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://online.agris.cz/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 1994.
"What Do We Know About Capital Structure? Some Evidence from International Data,"
NBER Working Papers
4875, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rajan, Raghuram G & Zingales, Luigi, 1995. " What Do We Know about Capital Structure? Some Evidence from International Data," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(5), pages 1421-60, December.
- Kayo, Eduardo K. & Kimura, Herbert, 2011. "Hierarchical determinants of capital structure," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 358-371, February.
- Chittenden, Francis & Hall, Graham & Hutchinson, Patrick, 1996. " Small Firm Growth, Access to Capital Markets and Financial Structure: Review of Issues and an Empirical Investigation," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 59-67, February.
- Friend, Irwin & Lang, Larry H P, 1988. " An Empirical Test of the Impact of Managerial Self-interest on Corporate Capital Structure," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(2), pages 271-81, June.
- Wiwattanakantang, Yupana, 1999. "An empirical study on the determinants of the capital structure of Thai firms," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 7(3-4), pages 371-403, August.
- Chen, Jean J., 2004. "Determinants of capital structure of Chinese-listed companies," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(12), pages 1341-1351, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aolpei:162250. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.