Generations and the Distribution of Economic Well-Being: A Cross-National View
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Walliser, Jan, 2000. " Adverse Selection in the Annuities Market and the Impact of Privatizing Social Security," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 102(3), pages 373-393, June.
- Feldstein, Martin & Liebman, Jeffrey B., 2002. "Social security," Handbook of Public Economics,in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 32, pages 2245-2324 Elsevier.
- Martin Feldstein & Andrew Samwick, 1998.
"The Transition Path in Privatizing Social Security,"
NBER Chapters,in: Privatizing Social Security, pages 215-264
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Feldstein & Andrew Samwick, 1996. "The Transition Path in Privatizing Social Security," NBER Working Papers 5761, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Henning Bohn, 1997. "Social Security reform and financial markets," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, vol. 41(Jun), pages 193-227.
- Smetters, Kent & Walliser, Jan, 2004. "Opting out of social security," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(7-8), pages 1295-1306, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Timothy Smeeding, 2002. "Globalization, Inequality and the Rich Countries of the G-20: Evidence from the Luxembourg Income Study," LIS Working papers 320, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Cherchye, Laurens & De Rock, Bram & Vermeulen, Frederic, 2012.
"Economic well-being and poverty among the elderly: An analysis based on a collective consumption model,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 56(6), pages 985-1000.
- Cherchye, Laurens & De Rock, Bram & Vermeulen, Frederic, 2008. "Economic Well-Being and Poverty among the Elderly: An Analysis Based on a Collective Consumption Model," IZA Discussion Papers 3349, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Laurens Cherchye & Bram De Rock & Frederic Vermeulen, 2012. "Economic well-being and poverty among the elderly: an analysis based on a collective consumption model," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/131702, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Laurens Cherchye & Bram De Rock & Frederik Vermeulen, 2008. "Economic well-being and poverty among the elderly: an analysis based on a collective consumption model," Working Papers Department of Economics ces0807, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Cherchye, L.J.H. & de Rock, B. & Vermeulen, F.M.P., 2008. "Economic Well-Being and Poverty Among the Elderly : An Analysis Based on a Collective Consumption Model," Discussion Paper 2008-15, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Laurens Cherchye & Bram De Rock & Frederic Vermeulen, 2008. "Economic well-being and poverty among the elderly: an analysis based on a collective consumption model," Working Papers ECARES 2008-026, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Richard V. Burkhauser & Timothy M. Smeeding, 2000. "Microdata Panel Data and Public Policy: National and Cross-National Perspectives," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 23, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Timothy Smeeding & James Williamson, 2001. "Income Maintenance in Old Age: What Can be Learned from Cross-National Comparisons," LIS Working papers 263, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Lars Osberg, 2003. "Long Run Trends in Income Inequality in the United States, UK, Sweden, Germany and Canada: A Birth Cohort View," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 29(1), pages 121-141, Winter.
- James Williamson & Timothy Smeeding, 2004. "Sliding into Poverty? Cross-National Patterns of Income Source Change and Income Decay in Old Age," LIS Working papers 388, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Amanor-Boadu, Vincent & Zereyesus, Yacob Abrehe & Ross, Kara L., 2009. "Distribution of Local Government Revenue Sources and Citizen Well-Being," 2009 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2009, Atlanta, Georgia 46828, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Ana Bartolome & Michael McAleer & Vicente Ramos & Javier Rey-Maquieira, 2009. "Cruising is Risky Business," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-664, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Fernando MESA PARRA, 2015. "An Overlapping Generation Model of Labour Productivity and Economic Growth in Colombia," ARCHIVOS DE ECONOMÍA 013009, DEPARTAMENTO NACIONAL DE PLANEACIÓN.
- Timothy M. Smeeding, 2002. "Globalization, Inequality, and the Rich Countries of the G-20: Evidence from the Luxembourg Income Study (LIS)," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 48, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Timothy Smeeding, 2004. "Public Policy and Economic Inequality: The United States in Comparative Perspective," LIS Working papers 367, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Whitehouse, Edward, 2000.
"How poor are the old? a survey of evidence from 44 countries,"
Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes
23141, The World Bank.
- Whitehouse, Edward, 2000. "How Poor are the Old? A Survey of Evidence from 44 Countries," MPRA Paper 14177, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marchand, J. & Smeeding, T., 2016. "Poverty and Aging," Handbook of the Economics of Population Aging, Elsevier.
- Myles, John, 2000. "The Maturation of Canada's Retirement Income System: Income Levels, Income Inequality and Low Income Among the Elderly," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2000147e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Timothy Smeeding & Gary Burtless & Lee Rainwater, 2000. "United States Poverty in a Cross-National Context," LIS Working papers 244, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Kenneth Smith, 2001. "Age/Earnings Profiles in Transition Economies: The Estonian Case," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 485-503.
- Katherin Ross Phillips & Timothy Smeeding, 1999. "Social Protection for the Poor in the Developed World: The Evidence from LIS," LIS Working papers 204, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Timothy Smeeding, 2005. "Government Programs and Social Outcomes: The United States in Comparative Perspective," LIS Working papers 426, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Shelley Phipps, "undated". "Economics and Well-Being of Canadian Children," Canadian International Labour Network Working Papers 35, McMaster University.
- Gauthier, Anne Helene, 1999. "Historical trends in state support for families in Europe (post-1945)," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(11-12), pages 937-965.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:88:y:1998:i:2:p:254-58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.