Human Capital: The Choice Between Investment and Income
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 63 (1973)
Issue (Month): 5 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://www.aeaweb.org/aer/|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: https://www.aeaweb.org/subscribe.html|
- Derek Neal & Sherwin Rosen, 1998. "Theories of the Distribution of Labor Earnings," NBER Working Papers 6378, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yoram Weiss, 1976. "A Multiplicative Model of Investment in Human Capital," NBER Working Papers 0140, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lillard, Lee A, 1977.
"Inequality: Earnings vs. Human Wealth,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 42-53, March.
- Lee A. Lillard, 1975. "Inequality: Earnings vs. Human Wealth," NBER Working Papers 0080, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barry Chiswick, 2003. "Jacob Mincer, Experience and the Distribution of Earnings," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 343-361, December.
- Chiswick, Barry R., 2003. "Jacob Mincer, Experience and the Distribution of Earnings," IZA Discussion Papers 847, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lalith Munasinghe & Nachum Sicherman, 2006. "Why Do Dancers Smoke? Smoking, Time Preference, and Wage Dynamics," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 32(4), pages 595-616, Fall.
- Michael P. Keane, 2011. "Labor Supply and Taxes: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 49(4), pages 961-1075, December.
- Michael Keane, 2010. "Labor Supply and Taxes: A Survey," Working Paper Series 160, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Honggao Cao, 2005. "Intergenerational Earnings Mobility: Mechanism and Measurement," Labor and Demography 0501006, EconWPA.
- Seik Kim, 2010. "Uncertainty in Human Capital Investment and Earnings Dynamics," Journal of Human Capital, University of Chicago Press, vol. 4(1), pages 62-83.
- Seik Kim, "undated". "Uncertainty in Human Capital Investment and Earnings Dynamics," Working Papers UWEC-2008-18-P, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Edward P. Lazear, 1975. "Human Wealth and Human Capital," NBER Working Papers 0097, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward P. Lazear, 1977. "Wage Differentials Are Larger Than You Think," NBER Working Papers 0168, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Keane, Michael, 2010. "The Tax-Transfer System and Labour Supply," MPRA Paper 55167, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Santos-Pinto, Luís, 2005. "Positive self-image over time," MPRA Paper 3145, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 27 Apr 2006.
- Luís Santos-Pinto, 2006. "Positive Self-Image over Time," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 09.02, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Tao, Hung-Lin & Stinson, Thomas F., 1997. "An Alternative Measure of Human Capital Stock," Bulletins 7466, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Pinto, Luis Santos, 2007. "Positive Self-Image over Time?," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp504, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- Light, Audrey, 2001. "In-School Work Experience and the Returns to Schooling," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(1), pages 65-93, January.
- Arabsheibani, Reza & Staneva, Anita, 2012. "Returns to Education in Russia: Where There Is Risky Sexual Behaviour There Is Also an Instrument," IZA Discussion Papers 6726, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lee A. Lillard, 1977. "The Distribution of Earnings and Human Wealth in a Life-Cycle Context," NBER Chapters,in: The Distribution of Economic Well-Being, pages 557-620 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arleen Leibowitz, 1975. "The Parental Bequest to Children," NBER Working Papers 0081, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:63:y:1973:i:5:p:929-44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros)or (Michael P. Albert)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed