Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:wdevel
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple (last 10 years), Recursive (10), Discounted (10), Recursive discounted (10), H-Index (10), Aggregate (10)
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2007, Volume 35, Issue 8
- 1329-1340 Revisiting Price-based Controls on Capital Inflows in a "Sophisticated" Emerging Market
by David, Antonio C.
- 1341-1358 Synergies through Linkages: Who Benefits from Linking Micro-Finance and Business Development Services?
by Sievers, Merten & Vandenberg, Paul
- 1359-1375 Can the Design of Community-Driven Development Reduce the Risk of Elite Capture? Evidence from Indonesia
by Fritzen, Scott A.
- 1376-1389 Improving Nutrition through Community Growth Promotion: Longitudinal Study of the Nutrition and Early Child Development Program in Uganda
by Alderman, Harold
- 1390-1403 Caring and Contributing: The Role of Older Women in Rural South African Multi-generational Households in the HIV/AIDS Era
by Schatz, Enid & Ogunmefun, Catherine
- 1404-1421 Protecting the Poor? The Distributional Impact of a Bundled Insurance Scheme
by Sinha, Tara & Ranson, M. Kent & Mills, Anne J.
- 1422-1435 Adoption and Impact of Hybrid Wheat in India
by Matuschke, Ira & Mishra, Ritesh R. & Qaim, Matin
- 1436-1449 Evaluating Social Impacts of Watershed Development in India
by Hope, R.A.
- 1450-1463 Organizing for Governance: Building Collaboration in Brazilian River Basins
by Abers, Rebecca Neaera
- 1464-1480 Diversification into Horticulture and Poverty Reduction: A Research Agenda
by Weinberger, Katinka & Lumpkin, Thomas A.
2007, Volume 35, Issue 7
- 1099-1119 A New Resource Curse? Impacts of China's Boom on Comparative Advantage and Resource Dependence in Southeast Asia
by Coxhead, Ian
- 1120-1133 Explaining Korea's Lower Investment Levels After the Crisis
by Kinkyo, Takuji
- 1134-1151 Imports, Productivity Growth, and Supply Chain Learning
by Blalock, Garrick & Veloso, Francisco M.
- 1152-1171 Certification and Communities: Alternatives for Regulating the Environmental and Social Impacts of Shrimp Farming
by Vandergeest, Peter
- 1172-1185 Loose Fruit Mamas: Creating Incentives for Smallholder Women in Oil Palm Production in Papua New Guinea
by Koczberski, Gina
- 1186-1203 Development Through Conservation: An Institutional Analysis of Indigenous Community-Based Conservation in Taiwan
by Tai, Hsing-Sheng
- 1204-1220 Household Bargaining Power and Agricultural Supply Response: Evidence from Ethiopian Coffee Growers
by Lim, Sung Soo & Winter-Nelson, Alex & Arends-Kuenning, Mary
- 1221-1236 The Perverse Effects of High Brideprices
by Platteau, Jean-Philippe & Gaspart, Frederic
- 1237-1258 Understanding Victimization: The Case of Mozambique
by Barslund, Mikkel & Rand, John & Tarp, Finn & Chiconela, Jacinto
- 1259-1276 Multidimensional Measures of Well-Being: Standard of Living and Quality of Life Across Countries
by Berenger, Valerie & Verdier-Chouchane, Audrey
- 1277-1305 Civil Society in Post-Communist Eastern Europe and Eurasia: A Cross-National Analysis of Micro- and Macro-Factors
by Petrova, Velina P.
2007, Volume 35, Issue 6
- 931-940 Opening the Ivory Tower to Business: University-Industry Linkages and the Development of Knowledge-Intensive Clusters in Asian Cities
by Hershberg, Eric & Nabeshima, Kaoru & Yusuf, Shahid
- 941-958 Towards an "Entrepreneurial University" Model to Support Knowledge-Based Economic Development: The Case of the National University of Singapore
by Wong, Poh-Kam & Ho, Yuen-Ping & Singh, Annette
- 959-975 Global Assemblage: Singapore, Foreign Universities, and the Construction of a "Global Education Hub"
by Olds, Kris
- 976-990 How Japanese Companies have used Scientific Advances to Restructure their Businesses: The Receiver-Active National System of Innovation
by Kodama, Fumio & Suzuki, Jun
- 991-1004 Universities, Clusters, and Innovation Systems: The Case of Seoul, Korea
by Sohn, Dong-Won & Kenney, Martin
- 1005-1020 Enhancing the Role of Universities in Building National Innovative Capacity in Asia: The Case of Taiwan
by Mathews, John A. & Hu, Mei-Chih
- 1021-1036 University-Industry Linkages and Economic Development: The Case of Thailand
by Brimble, Peter & Doner, Richard F.
- 1037-1055 Role of Educational and R&D Institutions in City Clusters: An Exploratory Study of Bangalore and Pune Regions in India
by Basant, Rakesh & Chandra, Pankaj
- 1056-1074 Universities/Research Institutes and Regional Innovation Systems: The Cases of Beijing and Shenzhen
by Chen, Kun & Kenney, Martin
- 1075-1093 Cultivating Research Universities and Industrial Linkages in China: The Case of Shanghai
by Wu, Weiping
2007, Volume 35, Issue 5
- 735-751 The Trouble with the MDGs: Confronting Expectations of Aid and Development Success
by Clemens, Michael A. & Kenny, Charles J. & Moss, Todd J.
- 752-771 Sources of Growth Revisited: Evidence from Selected MENA Countries
by Abu-Qarn, Aamer S. & Abu-Bader, Suleiman
- 772-791 The Next Wave of Globalization: Relocating Service Provision to India
by Dossani, Rafiq & Kenney, Martin
- 792-814 A Framework for the Integration of Diverse Learning Approaches: Operationalizing Agricultural Research and Development (R&D) Linkages in Eastern Africa
by German, Laura & Stroud, Ann
- 815-834 Subdividing the Commons: Distributional Conflict in the Transition from Collective to Individual Property Rights in Kenya's Maasailand
by Mwangi, Esther
- 835-856 Poverty Traps and Natural Disasters in Ethiopia and Honduras
by Carter, Michael R. & Little, Peter D. & Mogues, Tewodaj & Negatu, Workneh
- 857-880 Domestic Violence and Dowry: Evidence from a South Indian Village
by Srinivasan, Sharada & Bedi, Arjun S.
- 881-903 Son Preference and Child Labor in Nepal: The Household Impact of Sending Girls to Work
by Koolwal, Gayatri B.
- 904-919 Support for Democracy in Malawi: Does Schooling Matter?
by Evans, Geoffrey & Rose, Pauline
- 920-928 "Achieving Child-Health-Related Millennium Development Goals: The Role of Infrastructure"--A Comment
by Ravallion, Martin
- 929-930 "Achieving Child-Health-Related Millennium Development Goals: The Role of Infrastructure"--A Reply
by Fay, Marianne & Leipziger, Daniel & Wodon, Quentin & Yepes, Tito
2007, Volume 35, Issue 4
- 543-568 Economic Development and the Escape from High Mortality
by Birchenall, Javier A.
- 569-584 The Decline of Township-and-Village Enterprises in China's Economic Transition
by Kung, James Kai-sing & Lin, Yi-min
- 585-606 Crisis, Connections, and Class: How Social Ties Affect Household Welfare
by Wetterberg, Anna
- 607-625 Household Contributions to Community Development in Indonesia
by Beard, Victoria A.
- 626-648 Building Local Democracy: Evaluating the Impact of Decentralization in Kerala, India
by Heller, Patrick & Harilal, K.N. & Chaudhuri, Shubham
- 649-662 Citizen Feedback and Delivery of Urban Services
by Deichmann, Uwe & Lall, Somik V.
- 663-686 Investing in Farmers--The Impacts of Farmer Field Schools in Relation to Integrated Pest Management
by Van den Berg, Henk & Jiggins, Janice
- 687-701 Do Government Food Price Policies Affect the Prevalence of Obesity? Empirical Evidence from Egypt
by Asfaw, Abay
- 702-713 Fiscal Allocation for Education in Sub-Saharan Africa: Implications of the External Debt Service Constraint
by Fosu, Augustin Kwasi
- 714-733 Privatization, State Ownership, and Bank Performance in Egypt
by Omran, Mohammed
2007, Volume 35, Issue 3
- 355-376 Fear of China: Is There a Future for Manufacturing in Latin America?
by Mesquita Moreira, Mauricio
- 377-393 Explaining Export Success: Firm Characteristics and Spillover Effects
by Alvarez, Roberto
- 394-409 Gender and Well-being in the Dominican Republic: The Impact of Free Trade Zone Employment and Female Headship
by Liberato, Ana S.Q. & Fennell, Dana
- 410-425 Determinant Factors of FDI Spillovers - What Do We Really Know?
by Crespo, Nuno & Fontoura, Maria Paula
- 426-438 Biotechnology and Nanotechnology: Science-based Enabling Technologies as Windows of Opportunity for LDCs?
by Niosi, Jorge & Reid, Susan E.
- 439-453 Foreign Aid and Fiscal Governance in Melanesia
by Feeny, Simon
- 454-479 Development through Positive Deviance and its Implications for Economic Policy Making and Public Administration in Africa: The Case of Kenyan Agricultural Development, 1930-2005
by Ochieng, Cosmas Milton Obote
- 480-497 Bayesian Herders: Updating of Rainfall Beliefs in Response to External Forecasts
by Lybbert, Travis J. & Barrett, Christopher B. & McPeak, John G. & Luseno, Winnie K.
- 498-511 Credit, Natural Disasters, Coffee, and Educational Attainment in Rural Honduras
by Gitter, Seth R. & Barham, Bradford L.
- 512-531 The Value of Statistical Life and the Economics of Landmine Clearance in Developing Countries
by Gibson, John & Barns, Sandra & Cameron, Michael & Lim, Steven & Scrimgeour, Frank & Tressler, John
- 532-541 Worlds Apart? Ethnographic Reflections on "Effective Literacy" and Intrahousehold Externalities
by Maddox, Bryan
- 542-541 Corrigendum to "Poverty Alleviation as Business Strategy? Evaluating Commitments of Frontrunner Multinational Corporations" [World Development 34 (2006) 789-801]
by Kolk, Ans & Van Tulder, Rob & Westdijk, Bart
2007, Volume 35, Issue 2
- 183-196 Epistemology, Normative Theory and Poverty Analysis: Implications for Q-Squared in Practice
by Kanbur, Ravi & Shaffer, Paul
- 197-211 Combining Quantitative and Qualitative Methods in Assessing Chronic Poverty: The Case of Rwanda
by Howe, Gerard & McKay, Andrew
- 212-229 "Hearing the Voices of the Poor": Assigning Poverty Lines on the Basis of Local Perceptions of Poverty. A Quantitative Analysis of Qualitative Data from Participatory Wealth Ranking in Rural South Africa
by Hargreaves, James R. & Morison, Linda A. & Gear, John S.S. & Makhubele, Mzamani B. & Porter, John D.H. & Busza, Joanna & Watts, Charlotte & Kim, Julia C. & Pronyk, Paul M.
- 230-246 Governance in the Gullies: Democratic Responsiveness and Leadership in Delhi's Slums
by Jha, Saumitra & Rao, Vijayendra & Woolcock, Michael
- 247-263 Methodological Innovations in Research on the Dynamics of Poverty: A Longitudinal Study in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
by Adato, Michelle & Lund, Francie & Mhlongo, Phakama
- 264-280 Squaring the "Q"s? Methodological Reflections on a Study of Destitution in Ethiopia
by Sharp, Kay
- 281-295 "P3 > Q2" in Northern Orissa: An Example of Integrating "Combined Methods" (Q2) Through a "Platform for Probing Poverties" (P3)
by Rew, Alan & Khan, Shahzad & Rew, Martin
- 296-311 Understanding Poverty and Vulnerability in India's Uttar Pradesh and Bihar: A Q-squared Approach
by Parker, Barbara & Kozel, Valerie
- 312-325 Understanding Rural Poverty and Investment in Agriculture: An Assessment of Integrated Quantitative and Qualitative Research in Western Kenya
by Place, Frank & Adato, Michelle & Hebinck, Paul
- 326-341 The Best of Both Worlds: Producing National Statistics Using Participatory Methods
by Barahona, Carlos & Levy, Sarah
- 342-353 Combining Quantitative and Qualitative Data in Welfare Policy Evaluations in the United States
by London, Andrew S. & Schwartz, Saul & Scott, Ellen K.
2007, Volume 35, Issue 1
- 1-23 Why Countries Become Wealthy: The Effects of Adult Longevity on Saving
by Kinugasa, Tomoko & Mason, Andrew
- 24-51 Universal Pensions for Developing Countries
by Willmore, Larry
- 52-66 Economic Freedom, Democracy, and the Quality of Life
by Stroup, Michael D.
- 67-86 The Right of Registration: Development, Identity Registration, and Social Security--A Historical Perspective
by Szreter, Simon
- 87-103 The Impact of Regulation on Economic Growth in Developing Countries: A Cross-Country Analysis
by Jalilian, Hossein & Kirkpatrick, Colin & Parker, David
- 104-120 Who Deserves Aid? Equality of Opportunity, International Aid, and Poverty Reduction
by Cogneau, Denis & Naudet, Jean-David
- 121-143 Demand and Supply-Side Determinants of Conditional Cash Transfer Program Effectiveness
by Heinrich, Carolyn J.
- 144-162 Connective Power: Solar Electrification and Social Change in Kenya
by Jacobson, Arne
- 163-181 The Rise of Self-Employment in Rural China: Development or Distress?
by Mohapatra, Sandeep & Rozelle, Scott & Goodhue, Rachael
2006, Volume 34, Issue 12
- 1997-2015 Economic Liberalization and Wage Inequality in India
by Chamarbagwala, Rubiana
- 2016-2033 The Political Economy of Chinese-Style Privatization: Motives and Constraints
by Liu, Guy S. & Sun, Pei & Woo, Wing Thye
- 2034-2046 The Increasing Selectivity of Foreign Aid, 1984-2003
by Dollar, David & Levin, Victoria
- 2047-2063 Coordination, Challenges, and Innovations in 19 National Sustainable Development Strategies
by Volkery, Axel & Swanson, Darren & Jacob, Klaus & Bregha, Francois & Pinter, Laszlo
- 2064-2075 Parks, People, and Forest Protection: An Institutional Assessment of the Effectiveness of Protected Areas
by Hayes, Tanya M.
- 2076-2088 Updating Poverty Maps with Panel Data
by Emwanu, Thomas & Hoogeveen, Johannes G. & Okiira Okwi, Paul
- 2089-2115 Farmer Participation in Market Authorities of Coffee Exporting Countries
by Coe, Cari An
- 2116-2136 Socio-Economic Impact of Super Typhoon Harurot in San Mariano, Isabela, the Philippines
by Huigen, Marco G.A. & Jens, Isabella C.
- 2137-2152 Industrial Policy and Technology Diffusion: Evidence from Paper Making Machinery in Indonesia
by van Dijk, Michiel & Szirmai, Adam
2006, Volume 34, Issue 11
- 1851-1863 Rescaling Governance and the Impacts of Political and Environmental Decentralization: An Introduction
by Batterbury, Simon P.J. & Fernando, Jude L.
- 1864-1886 Recentralizing While Decentralizing: How National Governments Reappropriate Forest Resources
by Ribot, Jesse C. & Agrawal, Arun & Larson, Anne M.
- 1887-1906 Governing Access to Forests in Northern Ghana: Micro-Politics and the Rents of Non-Enforcement
by Andrew Wardell, D. & Lund, Christian
- 1907-1921 Decentralization, Ecological Construction, and the Environment in Post-Reform China:: Case Study from Uxin Banner, Inner Mongolia
by Jiang, Hong
- 1922-1941 Decentralized Corruption or Corrupt Decentralization? Community Monitoring of Poverty-Alleviation Schemes in Eastern India
by Veron, Rene & Williams, Glyn & Corbridge, Stuart & Srivastava, Manoj
- 1942-1957 Is Small Really Beautiful? Community-based Natural Resource Management in Malawi and Botswana
by Blaikie, Piers
- 1958-1976 Local Capacity, Village Governance, and the Political Economy of Rural Development in Indonesia
by Bebbington, Anthony & Dharmawan, Leni & Fahmi, Erwin & Guggenheim, Scott
- 1977-1995 Paradoxes of Decentralization: Water Reform and Social Implications in Mexico
by Wilder, Margaret & Romero Lankao, Patricia
2006, Volume 34, Issue 10
- 1667-1695 Examining Inequality: Who Really Benefits from Global Growth?
by Edward, Peter
- 1696-1712 A Comparative Welfare Regime Approach to Global Social Policy
by Wood, Geof & Gough, Ian
- 1713-1727 Exclusion, Inclusion, and Enclosure: Historical Commons and Modern Intellectual Property
by Runge, C. Ford & Defrancesco, Edi
- 1728-1741 Finance and trade: A cross-country empirical analysis on the impact of financial development and asset tangibility on international trade
by Hur, Jung & Raj, Manoj & Riyanto, Yohanes E.
- 1742-1764 Industrial Development and Innovation: Some Lessons from Vaccine Procurement
by Srinivas, Smita
- 1765-1787 Vulnerability and Resilience: Determinants of Under-Five Mortality Changes in Zambia
by Garenne, Michel & Gakusi, Albert Eneas
- 1788-1807 Trust in Lending: Social Capital and Joint Liability Seed Loans in Southern Zambia
by van Bastelaer, Thierry & Leathers, Howard
- 1808-1830 Poverty Risks and National Parks: Policy Issues in Conservation and Resettlement
by Cernea, Michael M. & Schmidt-Soltau, Kai
- 1831-1849 Pressure on the Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve: Development and Land Use/Cover Change in the Northern Ecuadorian Amazon
by Mena, Carlos F. & Barbieri, Alisson F. & Walsh, Stephen J. & Erlien, Christine M. & Holt, Flora L. & Bilsborrow, Richard E.
2006, Volume 34, Issue 9
- 1459-1481 Inequality and development across and within countries
by Frazer, Garth
- 1482-1497 Is Aid Oil? An Analysis Of Whether Africa Can Absorb More Aid
by Collier, Paul
- 1498-1516 Investment climate and international integration
by Dollar, David & Hallward-Driemeier, Mary & Mengistae, Taye
- 1517-1536 The Changing Global Geography of Low-Technology, Labor-Intensive Industry: Clothing, Footwear, and Furniture
by Scott, Allen J.
- 1537-1556 The Effects of Privatization on Efficiency: How Does Privatization Work?
by Okten, Cagla & Arin, K. Peren
- 1557-1579 Privatization, Income Distribution, and Poverty: The Mongolian Experience
by Nixson, Frederick & Walters, Bernard
- 1580-1596 Crisis and policymaking in Latin America: The case of Chile's 1998-99 electricity crisis
by Murillo, Maria Victoria & Foulon, Carmen Le
- 1597-1611 Environment During growth: Accounting for governance and vulnerability
by Dasgupta, Susmita & Hamilton, Kirk & Pandey, Kiran D. & Wheeler, David
- 1612-1638 Microfinance in Northeast Thailand: Who benefits and how much?
by Coleman, Brett E.
- 1639-1653 Why Do Girls in Rural China Have Lower School Enrollment?
by Song, Lina & Appleton, Simon & Knight, John
- 1654-1666 Risking death for survival: Peasant responses to hunger and HIV/AIDS in Malawi
by Bryceson, Deborah Fahy & Fonseca, Jodie
2006, Volume 34, Issue 8
- 1333-1337 Introduction: The impact of globalization on the world's poor
by Thorbecke, Erik & Nissanke, Machiko
- 1338-1360 Channels and policy debate in the globalization-inequality-poverty nexus
by Nissanke, Machiko & Thorbecke, Erik
- 1361-1373 Globalization, poverty, and inequality: What is the relationship? What can be done?
by Basu, Kaushik
- 1374-1392 Looking beyond averages in the trade and poverty debate
by Ravallion, Martin
- 1393-1404 Globalization and rural poverty
by Bardhan, Pranab
- 1405-1418 Globalization, local ecosystems, and the rural poor
by Aggarwal, Rimjhim M.
- 1419-1429 Globalization's bystanders: Does trade liberalization hurt countries that do not participate?
by Stern, Robert M. & Deardorff, Alan V.
- 1430-1445 Agricultural biotechnology and poverty reduction in low-income countries
by Graff, Gregory & Roland-Holst, David & Zilberman, David
- 1446-1457 Poverty and the welfare costs of risk associated with globalization
by Ligon, Ethan
2006, Volume 34, Issue 7
- 1153-1170 Natural wealth accounts: A proposal for alleviating the natural resource curse
by Sandbu, Martin E.
- 1171-1181 Regional heterogeneity in the relationship between fiscal imbalances and foreign exchange market pressure
by Bird, Graham & Mandilaras, Alex
- 1182-1200 The political obstacles to greater exchange rate flexibility in China
by Kaplan, Stephen B.
- 1201-1222 How does trade affect regional disparities?
by Rodriguez-Pose, Andres & Gill, Nicholas
- 1223-1236 Harmonization without representation: Small states, the Basel Committee, and the WTO
by Grynberg, Roman & Silva, Sacha
- 1237-1253 The political economy of civil war in Nepal
by Sharma, Kishor
- 1254-1270 The impact of collective action on economic development: empirical evidence from Kerala, India
by Justino, Patricia
- 1271-1286 Market work and household work as deterrents to schooling in Bangladesh
by Amin, Shahina & Quayes, Shakil & Rives, Janet M.
- 1287-1300 The role of opinion leaders in the diffusion of new knowledge: The case of integrated pest management
by Feder, Gershon & Savastano, Sara
- 1301-1315 Networks, distance, and trust: Telecommunications Development and changing trading practices in Ghana
by Overa, Ragnhild
- 1316-1332 Empowerment and institutions: Managing fisheries in Uganda
by Nunan, Fiona
2006, Volume 34, Issue 6
- 933-950 Aid distribution and the MDGs
by Baulch, Bob
- 951-963 Accountability for Empowerment: Dilemmas Facing Non-Governmental Organizations
by Kilby, Patrick
- 964-980 An identity crisis? Examining IMF financial programming
by Easterly, William
- 981-995 Revisiting the revisited terms of trade: Will China make a difference?
by Kaplinsky, Raphael
- 996-1015 Development trajectories and new comparative advantages: Costa Rica and the Dominican Republic under Globalization
by Sanchez-Ancochea, Diego
- 1016-1036 Groundnut trade liberalization: Could the South help the south?
by Beghin, John & Diop, Ndiame & Matthey, Holger
- 1037-1059 Infrastructural investment in long-run economic growth: South Africa 1875-2001
by Fedderke, J.W. & Perkins, P. & Luiz, J.M.
- 1060-1083 Natural resource abundance and human capital accumulation
by Stijns, Jean-Philippe
- 1084-1098 Social capital and health in Indonesia
by Miller, Douglas L. & Scheffler, Richard & Lam, Suong & Rosenberg, Rhonda & Rupp, Agnes
- 1099-1128 Inequalities in children's schooling: AIDS, orphanhood, poverty, and gender
by Ainsworth, Martha & Filmer, Deon
- 1129-1147 Researching gender violence in schools: Methodological and ethical considerations
by Leach, Fiona
2006, Volume 34, Issue 5
- 769-788 IMF and economic growth: The effects of programs, loans, and compliance with conditionality
by Dreher, Axel
- 789-801 Poverty alleviation as business strategy? Evaluating commitments of frontrunner Multinational Corporations
by Kolk, Ans & van Tulder, Rob
- 802-817 Is foreign direct investment beneficial for Mexico? An empirical analysis, 1960-2001
by Ramirez, Miguel D.
- 818-837 The cost of poverty alleviation transfer programs: A comparative analysis of three programs in Latin America
by Caldes, Natalia & Coady, David & Maluccio, John A.
- 838-851 After the labor migrants leave: The search for sustainable development in a sending region of the Ecuadorian Amazon
by Rudel, Thomas K.
- 852-867 Innovative development strategies from Non-Sovereign Island jurisdictions? A global review of economic policy and governance practices
by Baldacchino, Godfrey
- 868-883 Making corporate self-regulation effective in developing countries
by Graham, David & Woods, Ngaire
- 884-898 Responsive regulation and developing economies
by Braithwaite, John
- 899-918 Multi-stakeholder regulation: privatizing or socializing global labor standards?
by O'Rourke, Dara
- 919-932 Combining global and local forces: The case of labor rights in Cambodia
by Polaski, Sandra
2006, Volume 34, Issue 4
- 613-630 The effect of population health on foreign direct investment inflows to low- and middle-income countries
by Alsan, Marcella & Bloom, David E. & Canning, David
- 631-646 Unemployment and the real exchange rate in Latin America
by Frenkel, Roberto & Ros, Jaime
- 647-664 Does competition in privatized social services work? The Chilean Experience
by Fischer, Ronald & Gonzalez, Pablo & Serra, Pablo
- 665-684 Do crowded classrooms crowd out learning? Evidence from the food for education program in Bangladesh
by Ahmed, Akhter U. & Arends-Kuenning, Mary
- 685-703 Group-based funeral insurance in Ethiopia and Tanzania
by Dercon, Stefan & De Weerdt, Joachim & Bold, Tessa & Pankhurst, Alula
- 704-727 The impact of HIV/AIDS on land rights: Perspectives from Kenya
by Aliber, Michael & Walker, Cherryl
- 728-750 Livelihood dynamics in planned and spontaneous resettlement in Zimbabwe: Converging and Vulnerable
by Chimhowu, Admos & Hulme, David
- 751-767 Assessing Natural Resource Management Challenges in Senegal Using Data from Participatory Rural Appraisals and Remote Sensing
by Brown, Molly E.
2006, Volume 34, Issue 3
- 405-425 Basic health care provision and under-5 mortality: A Cross-National study of developing Countries
by McGuire, James W.
- 426-445 Economic growth: A panacea for child labor?
by Kambhampati, Uma S. & Rajan, Raji
- 446-464 An operational method for assessing the poverty outreach performance of development policies and projects: Results of case studies in Africa, Asia, and Latin America
by Zeller, Manfred & Sharma, Manohar & Henry, Carla & Lapenu, Cecile
- 465-480 Openness and wage inequality in Kenya, 1964-2000
by Bigsten, Arne & Durevall, Dick
- 481-500 Land rental markets in transition: Theory and evidence from Hungary
by Vranken, Liesbet & Swinnen, Johan
- 501-519 The real, real price of nonrenewable resources: copper 1870-2000
by Svedberg, Peter & Tilton, John E.
- 520-540 Transnational corporations and network effects of a local manufacturing cluster in mobile telecommunications equipment in China
by Yeung, Henry Wai-chung & Liu, Weidong & Dicken, Peter
- 541-556 Foreign direct investment and technology spillover: A cross-industry analysis of Thai manufacturing
by Kohpaiboon, Archanun
- 557-575 Stakeholder attitudes toward GMOs in the Philippines, Mexico, and South Africa: The issue of public trust
by Aerni, Philipp & Bernauer, Thomas
- 576-595 Municipal politics and forest governance: Comparative analysis of decentralization in Bolivia and Guatemala
by Andersson, Krister P. & Gibson, Clark C. & Lehoucq, Fabrice
- 596-611 Woodfuels, livelihoods, and policy interventions: Changing Perspectives
by Arnold, J.E. Michael & Kohlin, Gunnar & Persson, Reidar
2006, Volume 34, Issue 2
- 203-221 Global commodity chains and endogenous growth: Export dynamism and development in Mexico and Honduras
by Bair, Jennifer & Peters, Enrique Dussel
- 222-237 The "sophistication" of exports: A new trade measure
by Lall, Sanjaya & Weiss, John & Zhang, Jinkang
- 238-246 Tax smoothing and the cross-country pattern of privatization
by Berck, Peter & Lipow, Jonathan & Steinhauser, Ralf
- 247-270 The economic and political determinants of IMF and world bank lending in the Middle East and North Africa
by Harrigan, Jane & Wang, Chengang & El-Said, Hamed
- 271-288 Pathways out of and into poverty in 36 villages of Andhra Pradesh, India
by Krishna, Anirudh
- 289-307 Gender and ethnicity differentials in school attainment and labor market earnings in Ecuador
by Garcia-Aracil, Adela & Winter, Carolyn
- 308-323 Globalization, Forest Resurgence, and Environmental Politics in El Salvador
by Hecht, Susanna B. & Kandel, Susan & Gomes, Ileana & Cuellar, Nelson & Rosa, Herman
- 324-327 Guest editors' introduction
by Duncan, Nick & Dutta, Indranil
- 328-340 Corruption and fast change
by Andvig, Jens Chr.
- 341-348 The economist's approach to the problem of corruption
by Bardhan, Pranab
- 349-358 Persistence of corruption: some theoretical perspectives
by Mishra, Ajit
- 359-370 Using Micro-Surveys to Measure and Explain Corruption
by Reinikka, Ritva & Svensson, Jakob
- 371-380 Corruption and corruptibility
by Miller, William L.
- 381-404 The Measurement and Impact of Corruption Victimization: Survey Evidence from Latin America
by Seligson, Mitchell A.
2006, Volume 34, Issue 1
- 1-15 Fractal poverty traps
by Barrett, Christopher B. & Swallow, Brent M.
- 16-30 The International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI): Is It Getting New Science and Technology to the World's Neglected Majority?
by Chataway, Joanna & Smith, James
- 31-49 Globalization and the Right to Free Association and Collective Bargaining: An Empirical Analysis
by Neumayer, Eric & Soysa, Indra de
- 50-74 Linking the web and the street: Internet-based "dotcauses" and the "anti-globalization" movement
by Clark, John D. & Themudo, Nuno S.
- 75-88 Increasing returns to scale and international diffusion of technology: An empirical study for Brazil (1976-2000)
by Oliveira, Francisco H.P. & Jayme, Frederico Jr. & Lemos, Mauro B.