Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:wdevel
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2009, Volume 37, Issue 8
- 1337-1347 Agrarian Reform in the Brazilian Amazon: Its Implications for Land Distribution and Deforestation
by Pacheco, Pablo
- 1348-1359 Agrarian Structure and Land-cover Change Along the Lifespan of Three Colonization Areas in the Brazilian Amazon
by Ludewigs, Thomas & D'antona, Alvaro de Oliveira & Brondízio, Eduardo Sonnewend & Hetrick, Scott
- 1360-1369 Structures and Stratagems: Making Decentralization of Authority over Land in Africa Cost-Effective
by Bruce, John W. & Knox, Anna
- 1370-1378 Building for the Future? Investment, Land Reform and the Contingencies of Ownership in Contemporary Ghana
by Berry, Sara
- 1379-1389 Smallholder Land Access in Post-War Northern Mozambique
by Brück, Tilman & Schindler, Kati
- 1390-1399 State-Led Land Reform and Local Institutional Change: Land Titles, Land Markets and Tenure Security in Mexican Communities
by Bouquet, Emmanuelle
- 1400-1410 "Custom" and Contestation: Land Reform in Post-Socialist Mongolia
by Upton, Caroline
- 1411-1423 Land Fragmentation and Cropland Abandonment in Albania: Implications for the Roles of State and Community in Post-Socialist Land Consolidation
by Sikor, Thomas & Müller, Daniel & Stahl, Johannes
- 1424-1433 Land Tenure, Land Use, and Land Reform at Dwesa-Cwebe, South Africa: Local Transformations and the Limits of the State
by Fay, Derick
2009, Volume 37, Issue 7
- 1159-1169 Telecommunications Reform, Internet Use and Mobile Phone Adoption in the Developing World
by Howard, Philip N. & Mazaheri, Nimah
- 1170-1181 Reasonable Expectations and the First Millennium Development Goal: How Much Can Aid Achieve?
by Dalgaard, Carl-Johan & Erickson, Lennart
- 1182-1196 "Teach a Man to Fish": The Sustainability Doctrine and Its Social Consequences
by Swidler, Ann & Watkins, Susan Cotts
- 1197-1207 An Asian-Driven Economic Recovery in Africa? The Zambian Case
by Carmody, Pádraig
- 1208-1221 Community-Based Electric Micro-Grids Can Contribute to Rural Development: Evidence from Kenya
by Kirubi, Charles & Jacobson, Arne & Kammen, Daniel M. & Mills, Andrew
- 1222-1234 Estimating Households Vulnerability to Idiosyncratic and Covariate Shocks: A Novel Method Applied in Madagascar
by Günther, Isabel & Harttgen, Kenneth
- 1235-1249 "You Reap What You Plant": Social Networks in the Arab World--The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
by El-Said, Hamed & Harrigan, Jane
- 1250-1260 Examining the Impact of Taiwan's Cash Allowance Program on Private Households
by Lai, Mun Sim & Orsuwan, Meechai
- 1261-1273 Private Investment and Financial Sector Policies in India and Malaysia
by Ang, James B.
- 1274-1284 External Shocks, Structural Change, and Economic Growth in Mexico, 1979-2007
by Blecker, Robert A.
- 1285-1296 Employment Responses of Skilled and Unskilled Workers at Mexican Maquiladoras: The Effects of External Factors
by Mollick, André Varella
- 1297-1306 Rural Income Generating Activities: Whatever Happened to the Institutional Vacuum? Evidence from Ghana, Guatemala, Nicaragua and Vietnam
by Zezza, Alberto & Carletto, Gero & Davis, Benjamin & Stamoulis, Kostas & Winters, Paul
2009, Volume 37, Issue 6
- 1027-1038 The Effect of Trade Openness on Women's Welfare and Work Life
by Bussmann, Margit
- 1039-1050 Trade Facilitation and Manufactured Exports: Is Africa Different?
by Iwanow, Tomasz & Kirkpatrick, Colin
- 1051-1068 Multiple Breaks, Terms of Trade Shocks and the Unit-Root Hypothesis for African Per Capita Real GDP
by Romero-Ávila, Diego
- 1069-1082 China versus Mexico in the Global EPZ Industry: Maquiladoras, FDI Quality, and Plant Mortality
by Sargent, John & Matthews, Linda
- 1083-1093 Mainstreaming Fair Trade Coffee: From Partnership to Traceability
by Raynolds, Laura T.
- 1094-1104 The Economics of Smallholder Organic Contract Farming in Tropical Africa
by Bolwig, Simon & Gibbon, Peter & Jones, Sam
- 1105-1115 Informal Insurance Arrangements in Ghanaian Migrants' Transnational Networks: The Role of Reverse Remittances and Geographic Proximity
by Mazzucato, Valentina
- 1116-1128 The Impact of Prime Age Adult Mortality on Child Survival and Growth in Rural Ethiopia
by Kadiyala, Suneetha & Quisumbing, Agnes & Rogers, Beatrice & Webb, Patrick
- 1129-1142 Opening Up Pandora's Box: The Effect of Gender Targeting and Conditionality on Household Spending Behavior in Mexico's Progresa Program
by Handa, Sudhanshu & Peterman, Amber & Davis, Benjamin & Stampini, Marco
- 1143-1154 Remittances, Liquidity Constraints and Human Capital Investments in Ecuador
by Calero, Carla & Bedi, Arjun S. & Sparrow, Robert
2009, Volume 37, Issue 5
- 889-901 Innovation, Inequality and Intellectual Property Rights
by Weinhold, Diana & Nair-Reichert, Usha
- 902-918 Keeping a Low Profile: What Determines the Allocation of Aid by Non-Governmental Organizations?
by Koch, Dirk-Jan & Dreher, Axel & Nunnenkamp, Peter & Thiele, Rainer
- 919-940 Telecommunications Services in Africa: The Impact of WTO Commitments and Unilateral Reform on Sector Performance and Economic Growth
by Djiofack-Zebaze, Calvin & Keck, Alexander
- 941-952 Has Democracy Slowed Growth in Asia?
by Rock, Michael T.
- 953-964 Capital Market Imperfections and Financialization of Real Sectors in Emerging Markets: Private Investment and Cash Flow Relationship Revisited
by DemIr, FIrat
- 965-981 International Trade and the Gender Wage Gap: New Evidence from India's Manufacturing Sector
by Menon, Nidhiya & Rodgers, Yana van der Meulen
- 982-991 Calorie and Micronutrient Deprivation and Poverty Nutrition Traps in Rural India
by Jha, Raghbendra & Gaiha, Raghav & Sharma, Anurag
- 992-1003 On Defining and Measuring the Informal Sector: Evidence from Brazil
by Henley, Andrew & Arabsheibani, G. Reza & Carneiro, Francisco G.
- 1004-1014 Remittances and Labor Force Participation in Mexico: An Analysis Using Propensity Score Matching
by Cox-Edwards, Alejandra & Rodríguez-Oreggia, Eduardo
- 1015-1025 Agricultural Policy, Market Barriers, and Deforestation: The Case of Mexico's Southern Yucatn
by Schmook, Birgit & Vance, Colin
2009, Volume 37, Issue 4
- 753-762 Law, Finance, and Economic Growth in China: An Introduction
by Yao, Yang & Yueh, Linda
- 763-777 The Effectiveness of Law, Financial Development, and Economic Growth in an Economy of Financial Repression: Evidence from China
by Feng Lu, Susan & Yao, Yang
- 778-786 China's Entrepreneurs
by Yueh, Linda
- 787-799 Bank Financing in China's Private Sector: The Payoffs of Political Capital
by Zhou, Wubiao
- 800-811 Bank Size and Small- and Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) Lending: Evidence from China
by Shen, Yan & Shen, Minggao & Xu, Zhong & Bai, Ying
- 812-824 Which Firms went Public in China? A Study of Financial Market Regulation
by Du, Julan & Xu, Chenggang
- 825-838 International Listing as a Means to Mobilize the Benefits of Financial Globalization: Micro-level Evidence from China
by Tobin, Damian & Sun, Laixiang
- 839-851 Spillover Effects Among the Greater China Stock Markets
by Johansson, Anders C. & Ljungwall, Christer
- 852-865 Institutions and Foreign Direct Investment: China versus the Rest of the World
by Fan, Joseph P.H. & Morck, Randall & Xu, Lixin Colin & Yeung, Bernard
- 866-873 What Determines Innovation Activity in Chinese State-owned Enterprises? The Role of Foreign Direct Investment
by Girma, Sourafel & Gong, Yundan & Görg, Holger
- 874-888 Can China's Growth be Sustained? A Productivity Perspective
by Zheng, Jinghai & Bigsten, Arne & Hu, Angang
2009, Volume 37, Issue 3
- 521-532 Is Transparency the Key to Reducing Corruption in Resource-Rich Countries?
by Kolstad, Ivar & Wiig, Arne
- 533-549 Both Institutions and Policies Matter but Differently for Different Income Groups of Countries: Determinants of Long-Run Economic Growth Revisited
by Lee, Keun & Kim, Byung-Yeon
- 550-559 Globalization and Industry Agglomeration in China
by Ge, Ying
- 560-571 David Versus Goliath: The Impact of Chinese Competition on Developing Countries
by Álvarez, Roberto & Claro, Sebastián
- 572-584 Survival of Private Sector Manufacturing Establishments in Africa: The Role of Productivity and Ownership
by Shiferaw, Admasu
- 585-594 Benefits from Mutual Restraint in a Multilateral Monetary Union
by Buigut, Steven & Valev, Neven T.
- 595-606 National Trade Policies and Smuggling in Africa: The Case of The Gambia and Senegal
by Golub, Stephen S. & Mbaye, Ahmadou Aly
- 607-617 Do Free Goods Stick to Poor Households? Experimental Evidence on Insecticide Treated Bednets
by Hoffmann, Vivian & Barrett, Christopher B. & Just, David R.
- 618-631 Rural Women's Access to Credit: Market Imperfections and Intrahousehold Dynamics
by Fletschner, Diana
- 632-644 The Changing Role of Non-Farm Household Enterprises in Vietnam
by Oostendorp, Remco H. & Trung, Tran Quoc & Tung, Nguyen Thanh
- 645-660 Urban Proximity, Agricultural Potential and Rural Non-farm Employment: Evidence from Bangladesh
by Deichmann, Uwe & Shilpi, Forhad & Vakis, Renos
- 661-675 Addressing Workers' Rights in the Textile and Apparel Industries: Consequences for the Bangladesh Economy
by Ahmed, Nazneen & Peerlings, Jack H.M.
- 676-686 Heterogeneity and Collective Management: Evidence from Common Forests in Himachal Pradesh, India
by Naidu, Sirisha C.
- 687-697 What Explains Collective Action in the Commons? Theory and Evidence from the Philippines
by Araral Jr., Eduardo
- 698-713 Understanding Variations in Local Conflict: Evidence and Implications from Indonesia
by Barron, Patrick & Kaiser, Kai & Pradhan, Menno
- 714-725 Transnational and Domestic Relations of NGOs in Brazil
by Koslinski, Mariane Campelo & Reis, Elisa P.
- 726-738 Puerto Rican Migration Flows and the Theory of Migrant Self-Selection
by Sotomayor, Orlando
- 739-752 The Decline in Intergenerational Mobility in Post-Socialism: Evidence from the Bulgarian Case
by Hertz, Tom & Meurs, Mieke & Selcuk, Sibel
2009, Volume 37, Issue 2
- 287-302 Trade and Income Inequality in Developing Countries
by Meschi, Elena & Vivarelli, Marco
- 303-313 Are There Lessons for Africa from China's Success Against Poverty?
by Ravallion, Martin
- 314-325 Broken Chain? AGOA and Foreign Direct Investment in the Kenyan Clothing Industry
by Phelps, Nicholas A. & Stillwell, John C.H. & Wanjiru, Roseline
- 326-340 Global Value Chains, Labor Organization and Private Social Standards: Lessons from East African Cut Flower Industries
by Riisgaard, Lone
- 341-353 Trade and Development: Lessons from Vietnam's Past Trade Agreements
by Abbott, Philip & Bentzen, Jeanet & Tarp, Finn
- 354-370 Making Economic Policy in Weak, Democratic, Post-crisis States: An Indonesian Case Study
by Aswicahyono, Haryo & Bird, Kelly & Hill, Hal
- 371-384 Changes in Subjective Well-Being in Timor-Leste on the Path to Independence
by Richter, Kaspar
- 385-398 Building Back Better: The Large-Scale Impact of Small-Scale Approaches to Reconstruction
by Lyons, Michal
- 399-409 Rethinking Cholera and Typhoid Vaccination Policies for the Poor: Private Demand in Kolkata, India
by Whittington, Dale & Sur, Dipika & Cook, Joseph & Chatterjee, Susmita & Maskery, Brian & Lahiri, Malay & Poulos, Christine & Boral, Srabani & Nyamete, Andrew & Deen, Jacqueline & Ochiai, Leon & Bhattacharya, Sujit Kumar
- 410-421 Determinants and Consequences of Land Sales Market Participation: Panel Evidence from India
by Deininger, Klaus & Jin, Songqing & Nagarajan, Hari K.
- 422-434 Is Irrigation Water Free? A Reality Check in the Indo-Gangetic Basin
by Shah, Tushaar & Ul Hassan, Mehmood & Khattak, Muhammad Zubair & Banerjee, Parth Sarthi & Singh, O.P. & Rehman, Saeed Ur
- 435-444 Equity Reexamined: A Study of Community-Based Rainwater Harvesting in Rajasthan, India
by Cochran, Jaquelin & Ray, Isha
- 445-456 External Influences on and Conditions for Community Logging Management in Cameroon
by Ezzine de Blas, Driss & Ruiz Pérez, Manuel & Sayer, Jeffrey A. & Lescuyer, Guillaume & Nasi, Robert & Karsenty, Alain
- 457-468 Environment, Land, and Rural Out-migration in the Southern Ecuadorian Andes
by Gray, Clark L.
- 469-478 The Cost of Ownership in Microfinance Organizations
by Mersland, Roy
- 479-488 History Matters for the Export Decision: Plant-Level Evidence from Turkish Manufacturing Industry
by Özler, Sule & Taymaz, Erol & YIlmaz, Kamil
- 489-502 Foreign Capital, Human Capital, and Efficiency: A Stochastic Frontier Analysis for Developing Countries
by Mastromarco, Camilla & Ghosh, Sucharita
- 503-512 Fiscal Decentralization in Rentier Regions: Evidence from Russia
by Freinkman, Lev & Plekhanov, Alexander
- 513-520 Assessing Sector-wide Programs with Statistical Impact Evaluation: A Methodological Proposal
by Elbers, Chris & Gunning, Jan Willem & de Hoop, Kobus
2009, Volume 37, Issue 1
- 1-10 International Redistribution of Income
by Bourguignon, François & Levin, Victoria & Rosenblatt, David
- 11-25 The Evolution of World Inequality in Well-being
by Decancq, Koen & Decoster, André & Schokkaert, Erik
- 26-35 How the Millennium Development Goals are Unfair to Africa
by Easterly, William
- 36-49 Contrasting Visions for Aid and Governance in the 21st Century: The White House Millennium Challenge Account and DFID's Drivers of Change
by Chhotray, Vasudha & Hulme, David
- 50-61 Famine Mortality, Rational Political Inactivity, and International Food Aid
by Plümper, Thomas & Neumayer, Eric
- 62-80 Debt Relief and Governance Quality in Developing Countries
by Freytag, Andreas & Pehnelt, Gernot
- 81-92 Remittances, Institutions, and Economic Growth
by Catrinescu, Natalia & Leon-Ledesma, Miguel & Piracha, Matloob & Quillin, Bryce
- 93-103 The Determinants of International Remittances in Developing Countries
by Adams Jr., Richard H.
- 104-115 Effect of Remittances on Poverty and Financial Development in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Gupta, Sanjeev & Pattillo, Catherine A. & Wagh, Smita
- 116-126 South-South Migration: The Impact of Nicaraguan Immigrants on Earnings, Inequality and Poverty in Costa Rica
by Gindling, T.H.
- 127-145 Measuring Globalization of International Trade: Theory and Evidence
by Arribas, Iván & Pérez, Francisco & Tortosa-Ausina, Emili
- 146-160 Do Regional Trade Pacts Benefit the Poor? An Illustration from Dominican Republic--Central American Free Trade Agreement in Nicaragua
by Bussolo, Maurizio & Niimi, Yoko
- 161-178 Trade, Standards, and Poverty: Evidence from Senegal
by Maertens, Miet & Swinnen, Johan F.M.
- 179-193 Effects of Household- and District-Level Factors on Primary School Enrollment in 30 Developing Countries
by Huisman, Janine & Smits, Jeroen
- 194-207 Women's Exclusion and Unfavorable Inclusion in Informal Employment in Lucknow, India: Barriers to Voice and Livelihood Security
by Kantor, Paula
- 208-218 Making Reform Work: Institutions, Dispositions, and the Improving Health of Bangladesh
by Faguet, Jean-Paul & Ali, Zulfiqar
- 219-231 Who is at the Wheel When Communities Drive Development? Evidence from the Philippines
by Labonne, Julien & Chase, Robert S.
- 232-241 The Post-Collective Village: A Tale of Two Transitions
by Herrold-Menzies, Melinda
- 242-255 Media, Monitoring, and Capture of Public Funds: Evidence from Madagascar
by Francken, Nathalie & Minten, Bart & Swinnen, Johan F.M.
- 256-267 Village-wide Effects of Agricultural Biotechnology: The Case of Bt Cotton in India
by Subramanian, Arjunan & Qaim, Matin
- 268-285 How Sustainable are Sustainable Development Programs? The Case of the Sloping Land Conversion Program in China
by Grosjean, Pauline & Kontoleon, Andreas
2008, Volume 36, Issue 12
- 2527-2546 A Human Development Index by Income Groups
by Grimm, Michael & Harttgen, Kenneth & Klasen, Stephan & Misselhorn, Mark
- 2547-2565 Proposal for a Contingency Debt Sustainability Framework
by Ferrarini, Benno
- 2566-2585 Giving and Receiving Foreign Aid: Does Conflict Count?
by Balla, Eliana & Reinhardt, Gina Yannitell
- 2586-2604 Liberalizing Autocracies in the Gulf Region? Reform Strategies in the Face of a Cultural-Economic Syndrome
by Weiffen, Brigitte
- 2605-2619 An Impact Analysis of Microfinance in Bosnia and Herzegovina
by Hartarska, Valentina & Nadolnyak, Denis
- 2620-2642 The Impact of Lending to Women on Household Vulnerability and Women's Empowerment: Evidence from India
by Garikipati, Supriya
- 2643-2662 Water Rich, Resource Poor: Intersections of Gender, Poverty, and Vulnerability in Newly Irrigated Areas of Southeastern Turkey
by Harris, Leila M.
- 2663-2678 Using Irrigation Insurance to Improve Water Usage of the Rio Mayo Irrigation System in Northwestern Mexico
by Leiva, Akssell J. & Skees, Jerry R.
- 2679-2695 Chile: The Unbearable Burden of Inequality
by López, Ramón & Miller, Sebastian J.
- 2696-2712 The Limits of Pension Privatization: Lessons from Argentine Experience
by Arza, Camila
- 2713-2732 Few Opportunities, Much Desperation: The Dichotomy of Non-Agricultural Activities and Inequality in Western Kenya
by Lay, Jann & Mahmoud, Toman Omar & M'Mukaria, George Michuki
- 2733-2762 The Financial Performance of Non-farm Microenterprises in Ghana
by Masakure, Oliver & Cranfield, John & Henson, Spencer
- 2763-2779 Management of Natural Resources at the Community Level: Exploring the Role of Social Capital and Leadership in a Rural Fishing Community
by Bodin, Örjan & Crona, Beatrice I.
- 2780-2800 Are We Getting There? Evidence of Decentralized Forest Management from the Tanzanian Miombo Woodlands
by Lund, Jens Friis & Treue, Thorsten
- 2801-2821 Modeling Energy and Development: An Evaluation of Models and Concepts
by van Ruijven, Bas & Urban, Frauke & Benders, René M.J. & Moll, Henri C. & van der Sluijs, Jeroen P. & de Vries, Bert & van Vuuren, Detlef P.
- 2822-2837 Trade Protection and Capital Imports in the Mexican Manufacturing Sector
by Kosteas, Vasilios D.
- 2838-2854 Intra- and Inter-industry Externalities from Foreign Direct Investment in the Mexican Manufacturing Sector: New Evidence from Mexican Regions
by Jordaan, Jacob A.
- 2855-2873 The Cross-industry Spillover of Technological Capability: Korea's DRAM and TFT-LCD Industries
by Park, Tae-Young & Choung, Jae-Yong & Min, Hong-Ghi
- 2874-2887 Social Movements and the Dynamics of Rural Territorial Development in Latin America
by Bebbington, Anthony & Abramovay, Ricardo & Chiriboga, Manuel
- 2888-2905 Mining and Social Movements: Struggles Over Livelihood and Rural Territorial Development in the Andes
by Bebbington, Anthony & Humphreys Bebbington, Denise & Bury, Jeffrey & Lingan, Jeannet & Muñoz, Juan Pablo & Scurrah, Martin
- 2906-2920 Social Movements Beyond the Iron Cage: Weak Ties in Territorial Development
by Abramovay, Ricardo & Magalhães, Reginaldo & Schröder, Mônica
- 2921-2936 Neo-Corporatism and Territorial Economic Development: The Ecuadorian Indigenous Movement in Local Government
by Ospina Peralta, Pablo & Santillana Ortiz, Alejandra & Arboleda, María
- 2937-2952 Questioning the Relationship between Participation and Development: A case study of the Vale do Ribeira, Brazil
by Schattan P. Coelho, Vera & Favareto, Arilson
- 2953-2961 "Fighting the Tide: Alternative Trade Organizations in the Era of Global Free Trade"--A Comment
by Hayes, M.G.
- 2962-2965 "Fighting the Tide: Alternative Trade Organizations in the Era of Global Free Trade"--A Reply
by LeClair, Mark S.
- 2966-2966 Corrigendum to "Poverty Risks and National Parks: Policy Issues in Conservation and Resettlement" [World Development 34 (2006) 1808-1830]
by Cernea, Michael M. & Schmidt-Soltau, Kai
- 2967-2967 Corrigendum to "'Achieving Child-Health-Related Millennium Development Goals: The Role of Infrastructure'--A Reply" [World Development 35 (2007) 929-930]
by Fay, Marianne & Leipziger, Danny & Wodon, Quentin & Yepes, Tito
2008, Volume 36, Issue 11
- 2109-2126 The Microfinance Collateralized Debt Obligation: A Modern Robin Hood?
by Byström, Hans N.E.
- 2127-2143 Growth is Good for Whom, When, How? Economic Growth and Poverty Reduction in Exceptional Cases
by Donaldson, John A.
- 2144-2169 Job Reallocation in Two Cases of Massive Adjustment in Eastern Europe
by Jurajda, Stepán & Terrell, Katherine
- 2170-2187 Rural-Urban Poverty Differences in Transition Countries
by Macours, Karen & Swinnen, Johan F.M.
- 2188-2204 Do Village Organizations Make a Difference in African Rural Development? A Study for Senegal and Burkina Faso
by Bernard, Tanguy & Collion, Marie-Hélène & de Janvry, Alain & Rondot, Pierre & Sadoulet, Elisabeth
- 2205-2222 The Dynamics of Social Capital and Community Associations in Uganda: Linking Capital and its Consequences
by Titeca, Kristof & Vervisch, Thomas
- 2223-2242 The Returns to Vocational Training and Academic Education: Evidence from Tanzania
by Kahyarara, Godius & Teal, Francis
- 2243-2254 Competing Paradigms in Pastoral Development? A Perspective from the Far North of Cameroon
by Moritz, Mark
- 2255-2276 Legal Pluralism and Decentralization: Natural Resource Management in Mali
by Benjamin, Charles E.
- 2277-2296 Property Rights, Productivity, and Common Property Resources: Insights from Rural Cambodia
by Markussen, Thomas
- 2297-2313 Dangerous Correlations: Aid's Impact on NGOs' Performance and Ability to Mobilize Members in Pakistan
by Bano, Masooda
- 2314-2324 Destructive Competition: Factionalism and Rent-Seeking in Iran
by Bjorvatn, Kjetil & Selvik, Kjetil
- 2325-2340 Life Satisfaction in Urban China: Components and Determinants
by Appleton, Simon & Song, Lina
- 2341-2352 Market Reforms and Han-Muslim Variation in Employment in the Chinese State Sector in a Chinese City
by Zang, Xiaowei
- 2353-2370 Synchronizing Export Orientation with Import Substitution: Creating Competitive Indigenous High-Tech Companies in China
by Zhou, Yu
- 2371-2389 Highway-Induced Development: Evidence from Sri Lanka
by Gunasekera, Kumudu & Anderson, William & Lakshmanan, T.R.
- 2390-2401 Land Values in Frontier Settlements of the Brazilian Amazon
by Merry, Frank & Amacher, Gregory & Lima, Eirivelthon
- 2402-2420 Opening Participatory Spaces for the Most Marginal: Learning from Collective Action in the Honduran Hillsides
by Classen, Lauren & Humphries, Sally & FitzSimons, John & Kaaria, Susan & Jiménez, José & Sierra, Fredy & Gallardo, Omar
- 2421-2439 Education, Labor Supply, and Market Development in Rural Peru
by Laszlo, Sonia
- 2440-2455 Impact of Microfinance on Schooling: Evidence from Poor Rural Households in Bolivia
by Maldonado, Jorge H. & González-Vega, Claudio
- 2456-2469 International Investment Agreements and Services Markets: Locking in Market Failure?
by Manger, Mark
- 2470-2488 Government Subsidies and Presidential Election Outcomes: Evidence for a Developing Country
by Cerda, Rodrigo & Vergara, Rodrigo
- 2489-2511 Selective Spatial Closure and Local Economic Development: What Do We Learn from the Argentine Local Currency Systems?
by Gomez, Georgina M. & Helmsing, A.H.J.
- 2512-2525 Tax Evasion, Disclosure, and Participation in Financial Markets: Evidence from Brazilian Firms
by Kenyon, Thomas
2008, Volume 36, Issue 10
- 1665-1691 China's Economic Growth 1978-2025: What We Know Today About China's Economic Growth Tomorrow
by Holz, Carsten A.
- 1692-1708 World Bank Conditional Loans and Private Investment in Recipient Countries
by Agostino, Mariarosaria
- 1709-1724 Private Investment: Trends and Determinants in Thailand
by Jongwanich, Juthathip & Kohpaiboon, Archanun
- 1725-1744 Firm Productivity in Bangladesh Manufacturing Industries
by Fernandes, Ana M.
- 1745-1765 Explaining Differences in Public Sector Efficiency: Evidence from Russia's Regions
by Hauner, David
- 1766-1785 Poverty Traps and Index-Based Risk Transfer Products
by Barnett, Barry J. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Skees, Jerry R.
- 1786-1812 Rural Land Certification in Ethiopia: Process, Initial Impact, and Implications for Other African Countries
by Deininger, Klaus & Ali, Daniel Ayalew & Holden, Stein & Zevenbergen, Jaap
- 1813-1829 Spatial Externalities in Agriculture: Empirical Analysis, Statistical Identification, and Policy Implications
by Lewis, David J. & Barham, Bradford L. & Zimmerer, Karl S.
- 1830-1842 How Well Can We Target Aid with Rapidly Collected Data? Empirical Results for Poverty Mapping from Cambodia
by Fujii, Tomoki
- 1843-1857 Welfare Grants and Their Impact on Child Health: The Case of Sri Lanka
by Himaz, Rozana
- 1858-1873 Peripheral Justice? Rethinking Justice Sector Reform in the Philippines
by Franco, Jennifer C.
- 1874-1890 Success in High Value Horticultural Export Markets for the Small Farmers: The Case of Mahagrapes in India
by Roy, Devesh & Thorat, Amit
- 1891-1915 Governance Failure: Rethinking the Institutional Dimensions of Urban Water Supply to Poor Households
by Bakker, Karen & Kooy, Michelle & Shofiani, Nur Endah & Martijn, Ernst-Jan
- 1916-1937 Slum Real Estate: The Low-Quality High-Price Puzzle in Nairobi's Slum Rental Market and its Implications for Theory and Practice
by Gulyani, Sumila & Talukdar, Debabrata
- 1938-1955 The Knowledge that Counts: Institutional Identities, Policy Science, and the Conflict Over Fire Management in the Gran Sabana, Venezuela
by Sletto, Bjørn
- 1956-1979 Building Institutions to Trade Ecosystem Services: Marketing Forest Carbon in Mexico
by Corbera, Esteve & Brown, Katrina
- 1980-2003 Technological Capabilities and Global-Local Interactions: The Electronics Industry in Two Mexican Regions
by Iammarino, Simona & Padilla-Pérez, Ramon & von Tunzelmann, Nick
- 2004-2028 Do Local Knowledge Spillovers Matter for Development? An Empirical Study of Uruguay's Software Cluster
by Kesidou, Effie & Romijn, Henny
- 2029-2044 Social Security and Wealth Accumulation in Developing Economies: Evidence from the 1981 Chilean Reform
by Cerda, Rodrigo A.
- 2045-2047 Introduction: The Volatility of Overseas Aid
by Bulír, Ales & Gelb, Alan & Mosley, Paul
- 2048-2066 Volatility of Development Aid: From the Frying Pan into the Fire?
by Bulír, Ales & Hamann, A. Javier
- 2067-2081 Reforming Aid: Toward More Predictable, Performance-Based Financing for Development
by Eifert, Benn & Gelb, Alan
- 2082-2102 Aid Volatility, Policy and Development
by Hudson, John & Mosley, Paul
- 2103-2106 "Investing in Farmers--The Impacts of Farmer Field Schools in Relation to Integrated Pest Management"--A Comment
by Feder, G. & Murgai, R. & Quizon, J.
- 2107-2108 "Investing in Farmers--The Impacts of Farmer Field Schools in Relation to Integrated Pest Management"--A Reply
by van den Berg, Henk & Jiggins, Janice
2008, Volume 36, Issue 9
- 1493-1513 Stop Interrupting: An Empirical Analysis of the Implementation of IMF Programs
by Arpac, Ozlem & Bird, Graham & Mandilaras, Alex
- 1514-1530 A Cheap Lunch for Emerging Markets: Removing International Financial Market Imperfections with Modern Financial Instruments
by Bauer, Christian & Herz, Bernhard & Hoops, Stefan
- 1531-1546 The Cost of Doing Business in Africa: Evidence from Enterprise Survey Data
by Eifert, Benn & Gelb, Alan & Ramachandran, Vijaya
- 1547-1558 Is Local Beautiful? Fiscal Decentralization in Mexico
by Hernández-Trillo, Fausto & Jarillo-Rabling, Brenda
- 1559-1584 Poverty Transition and Persistence in Ethiopia: 1994-2004
by Bigsten, Arne & Shimeles, Abebe
- 1585-1606 Hot Stuff: Index Insurance for Indian Smallholder Pepper Growers
by Zant, Wouter
- 1607-1622 Global Private Regulation and Value-Chain Restructuring in Indonesian Smallholder Coffee Systems
by Neilson, Jeff
- 1623-1646 What Policies will Reduce Gender Schooling Gaps in Developing Countries: Evidence and Interpretation
by Glick, Peter
- 1647-1664 Birth Order, Child Labor, and School Attendance in Brazil
by Emerson, Patrick M. & Souza, André Portela
2008, Volume 36, Issue 8
- 1317-1341 Social Spending, Human Capital, and Growth in Developing Countries
by Baldacci, Emanuele & Clements, Benedict & Gupta, Sanjeev & Cui, Qiang
- 1342-1364 Agriculture, Development, and Urban Bias
by Bezemer, Dirk & Headey, Derek
- 1365-1380 The Dynamism of Mexican Exports: Lost in (Chinese) Translation?
by Gallagher, Kevin P. & Moreno-Brid, Juan Carlos & Porzecanski, Roberto
- 1381-1397 Export Processing Zones in the Dominican Republic: Schools or Stopgaps?
by Schrank, Andrew
- 1398-1414 Reconsidering the Backward Vertical Linkages of Foreign Affiliates: Evidence from Japanese Multinationals
by Kiyota, Kozo & Matsuura, Toshiyuki & Urata, Shujiro & Wei, Yuhong