Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Current editor: M. Bell
Current editor: W.E. Steinmueller
Current editor: A. Arora
Current editor: M. Callon
Current editor: M. Kenney
Current editor: S. Kuhlmann
Current editor: Keun Lee
Current editor: F. Murray
Additional information is available for the following
registered editor(s): Ben R. Martin
W Edward Steinmueller
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:respol
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple (last 10 years), Recursive (10), Discounted (10), Recursive discounted (10), H-Index (10), Aggregate (10)
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2003, Volume 32, Issue 3
- iii-iii Obituary; Keith Pavitt
by Nelson, Richard R.
2003, Volume 32, Issue 2
- 181-184 Guest editors' introduction to the special issue on technology entrepreneurship
by Shane, Scott & Venkataraman, S.
- 185-207 Environmental jolts, institutional change, and the creation of entrepreneurial opportunity in the US electric power industry
by Sine, Wesley D. & David, Robert J.
- 209-227 Why do some universities generate more start-ups than others?
by Di Gregorio, Dante & Shane, Scott
- 229-253 The geography of opportunity: spatial heterogeneity in founding rates and the performance of biotechnology firms
by Stuart, Toby & Sorenson, Olav
- 255-276 Improvising firms: bricolage, account giving and improvisational competencies in the founding process
by Baker, Ted & Miner, Anne S. & Eesley, Dale T.
- 277-300 Bricolage versus breakthrough: distributed and embedded agency in technology entrepreneurship
by Garud, Raghu & Karnoe, Peter
- 301-315 Startup size and the mechanisms of external learning: increasing opportunity and decreasing ability?
by Almeida, Paul & Dokko, Gina & Rosenkopf, Lori
- 317-332 Exploiting technological opportunities: the timing of collaborations
by Katila, Riitta & Mang, Paul Y.
- 333-350 The product market and the market for "ideas": commercialization strategies for technology entrepreneurs
by Gans, Joshua S. & Stern, Scott
- iii-iii Obituary; Keith Pavitt
by Nelson, Richard R.
2003, Volume 32, Issue 1
- 1-11 'Libre' software: turning fads into institutions?
by Dalle, Jean-Michel & Jullien, Nicolas
- 13-26 What determines patent value?: Insights from the semiconductor industry
by Reitzig, Markus
- 27-48 Assessing the impact of organizational practices on the relative productivity of university technology transfer offices: an exploratory study
by Siegel, Donald S. & Waldman, David & Link, Albert
- 49-68 The transformation of technological regimes
by Poel, Ibo van de
- 69-87 Knowledge-relatedness in firm technological diversification
by Breschi, Stefano & Lissoni, Francesco & Malerba, Franco
- 89-108 Developmental financial institutions as technology policy instruments: implications for innovation and entrepreneurship in emerging economies
by George, Gerard & Prabhu, Ganesh N.
- 109-121 Research groups as 'quasi-firms': the invention of the entrepreneurial university
by Etzkowitz, Henry
- 123-142 The evolution of research activity in Spain: The impact of the National Commission for the Evaluation of Research Activity (CNEAI)
by Jimenez-Contreras, Evaristo & de Moya Anegon, Felix & Lopez-Cozar, Emilio Delgado
- 143-155 Explaining Australia's increased share of ISI publications--the effects of a funding formula based on publication counts
by Butler, Linda
- 157-178 How communities support innovative activities: an exploration of assistance and sharing among end-users
by Franke, Nikolaus & Shah, Sonali
- 179-180 The Cambridge Phenomenon Revisited: Parts One and Two: Segal Quince Wicksteed, Cambridge, UK, 2000, 76, 116 p., [UK pound]50.00, ISBN: Part 1, 0951020218; Part 2, 0951020226
by Kenney, Martin
2002, Volume 31, Issue 8-9
- 1221-1226 Editorial
by Freeman, Chris & Pavitt, Keith
- 1227-1239 The evolution of knowledge: beyond the biological model
by Loasby, Brian J.
- 1241-1256 Why evolution is a theory about stability: constraint, causation, and ecology in technological change
by Constant, Edward II
- 1257-1274 Technological transitions as evolutionary reconfiguration processes: a multi-level perspective and a case-study
by Geels, Frank W.
- 1275-1289 The discrete charm of the bourgeoisie: quantum and continuous perspectives on innovation and growth
by Silverberg, Gerald
- 1291-1304 Technology-gaps, innovation-diffusion and transformation: an evolutionary interpretation
by Fagerberg, Jan & Verspagen, Bart
- 1305-1315 Externalities, technological complementarities and sustained economic growth
by Carlaw, Kenneth I. & Lipsey, Richard G.
- 1317-1332 Incongruities as a source of organizational renewal in corporate management of R&D
by Christensen, Jens Froslev
- 1333-1348 The evolution of organizational routines among large Western and Japanese firms
by Massini, Silvia & Lewin, Arie Y. & Numagami, Tsuyoshi & Pettigrew, Andrew M.
- 1349-1367 R&D spillovers, patents and the incentives to innovate in Japan and the United States
by Cohen, Wesley M. & Goto, Akira & Nagata, Akiya & Nelson, Richard R. & Walsh, John P.
- 1369-1387 Is the Internet a US invention?--an economic and technological history of computer networking
by Mowery, David C. & Simcoe, Timothy
- 1389-1403 Innovation as co-evolution of scientific and technological networks: exploring tissue engineering
by Murray, Fiona
- 1405-1416 On firm growth in networks
by Riccaboni, Massimo & Pammolli, Fabio
- 1417-1429 Global production networks, knowledge diffusion, and local capability formation
by Ernst, Dieter & Kim, Linsu
- 1431-1443 Foreign direct investment and technological capabilities in Brazilian industry
by Costa, Ionara & de Queiroz, Sergio Robles Reis
- 1445-1457 National innovation system in less successful developing countries: the case of Thailand
by Intarakumnerd, Patarapong & Chairatana, Pun-arj & Tangchitpiboon, Tipawan
- 1459-1466 An analysis of policy initiatives to promote strategic research partnerships
by Link, Albert N. & Paton, David & Siegel, Donald S.
- 1467-1479 Policy learning and innovation theory: an interactive and co-evolving process
by Mytelka, Lynn K. & Smith, Keith
- 1481-1490 Convergence of national science and technology policies: the case of Finland
by Lemola, Tarmo
- 1509-1509 Erratum to "Technology, institutions, and innovation systems" [Research Policy 31 (2002) 265-272]
by Nelson, Richard R.
- 1510-1510 Erratum to "On the nature and evolution of human know-how" [Research Policy 31 (2002) 719-733]
by Nelson, Katherine & Nelson, Richard R.
2002, Volume 31, Issue 7
- 1035-1052 Universal access and local internet markets in the US
by Downes, Tom & Greenstein, Shane
- 1053-1067 Determinants of innovation capability in small electronics and software firms in southeast England
by Romijn, Henny & Albaladejo, Manuel
- 1069-1085 Patents and innovation counts as measures of regional production of new knowledge
by Acs, Zoltan J. & Anselin, Luc & Varga, Attila
- 1087-1102 Innovation and export performance: evidence from the UK and German manufacturing plants
by Roper, Stephen & Love, James H.
- 1103-1122 How effective are technology incubators?: Evidence from Italy
by Colombo, Massimo G. & Delmastro, Marco
- 1123-1140 Do Germany's federal and land governments (still) co-ordinate their innovation policies?
by Wilson, David & Souitaris, Vangelis
- 1141-1161 Intellectual property rights, strategic technology agreements and market structure: The case of GSM
by Bekkers, Rudi & Duysters, Geert & Verspagen, Bart
- 1163-1180 Firm size and technology centrality in industry-university interactions
by Santoro, Michael D. & Chakrabarti, Alok K.
- 1181-1198 Determinants of knowledge diffusion as evidenced in patent data: the case of liquid crystal display technology
by Stolpe, Michael
- 1199-1211 E-business and manufacturing sector: a study of small and medium-sized enterprises in India
by Lal, K.
- 1213-1214 The Globalizing Learning Economy: D. Archibugi, B. Lundvall (Eds.), Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2001, pp. 307, price [UK pound]40, ISBN: 0199241090
by Meliciani, Valentina
- 1214-1215 Governing Molecules. The Discoursive Politics of Genetic Engineering in Europe and the United States: Herbert Gottweis, The MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, London, UK 1998, 397 pp
by Dolata, Ulrich
- 1215-1217 Trade Specialisation, Technology and Economic Growth. Theory and Evidence from Advanced Countries: Keld Laursen, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, 2000, 224 pp., Price [UK pound]49.95, ISBN: 1-84064-385-4: Technology, Trade and Growth in OECD Countries. Does Specialisation Matter?: Valentina Meliciani, Routledge, London, 2001, 208 pp., Price [UK pound]55.00, ISBN: 0-415-24185-5
by Archibugi, Daniele
- 1217-1219 Making New Technologies Work for Human Development: United Nations Development Programme, Human Development Report 2001, Oxford University Press, New York and Oxford, July 2001, 278 pp., Price [UK pound]19.99, ISBN: 0-19-521835-3
by Archibugi, Daniele
2002, Volume 31, Issue 6
- 849-858 When do industries cluster?: A proposal on how to assess an industry's propensity to concentrate at a single region or nation
by Steinle, Claus & Schiele, Holger
- 859-876 Science Parks and the growth of new technology-based firms--academic-industry links, innovation and markets
by Lofsten, Hans & Lindelof, Peter
- 877-898 Technological trajectories as moderators of firm-level determinants of innovation
by Souitaris, Vangelis
- 899-933 The determinants of national innovative capacity
by Furman, Jeffrey L. & Porter, Michael E. & Stern, Scott
- 935-946 Constructing a selection environment: competing expectations for CFC alternatives
by Glynn, Steven
- 947-967 Who co-operates for innovation, and why: An empirical analysis
by Tether, Bruce S.
- 969-988 On the diffusion of probabilistic investment appraisal and decision-making procedures in the UK's upstream oil and gas industry
by Finch, John H. & Macmillan, Fiona E. & Simpson, Graeme S.
- 989-1008 Building competitive advantage: innovation and corporate governance in European construction
by Miozzo, Marcela & Dewick, Paul
- 1009-1030 Do UK venture capitalists still have a bias against investment in new technology firms
by Lockett, Andy & Murray, Gordon & Wright, Mike
- 1031-1034 The Economic Challenge for Europe: Adapting to Innovation Based Growth: Fagerberg, J., Guerrieri, P., Verspagen, B. (Eds.), Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, 1999, 250 pp. Price [UK pound]59.95, ISBN 1-84064-124-X: The Organization of Economic Innovation in Europe: Gambardella, A., Malerba, F. (Eds.), Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1999, 396 pp. Price [UK pound]47.50, ISBN 0-521-64303-1: The Employment Impact of Innovation: Evidence and Policy: Vivarelli, M., Pianta, M. (Eds.), Routledge, London, 2000, 224 pp., Price [UK pound]55, ISBN 0-415-20433-X
by Archibugi, Daniele
2002, Volume 31, Issue 5
- 657-671 The client role in consultancy relations during the appropriation of technological innovations
by Hislop, Donald
- 673-692 Cooperative R&D in Japan and Korea: a comparison of industrial policy
by Sakakibara, Mariko & Cho, Dong-Sung
- 693-717 Public agricultural R&D design and technological spill-ins: A dynamic model
by Esposti, Roberto
- 719-733 On the nature and evolution of human know-how
by Nelson, Katherine & Nelson, Richard R.
- 735-747 Innovation, collaboration and SMEs internal research capacities
by Bougrain, Frederic & Haudeville, Bernard
- 749-767 The organization of scientific collaborations
by Chompalov, Ivan & Genuth, Joel & Shrum, Wesley
- 769-794 A churn model of scientific knowledge value: Internet researchers as a knowledge value collective
by Bozeman, Barry & Rogers, Juan D.
- 795-816 Innovation systems and 'inertia' in R&D location: Norwegian firms and the role of systemic lock-in
by Narula, Rajneesh
- 817-833 The developing role of departments
by Morris, Norma
- 835-846 Formation of social networks and diffusion of innovations
by Deroian, Frederic
- 847-848 Letter to the editor
by Thuriaux, Ben
2002, Volume 31, Issue 4
- 477-492 Inter-firm R&D partnerships: an overview of major trends and patterns since 1960
by Hagedoorn, John
- 493-507 Research joint ventures and firm level performance
by Benfratello, Luigi & Sembenelli, Alessandro
- 509-526 Science dependence of technologies: evidence from inventions and their inventors
by Tijssen, Robert J. W.
- 527-542 The effects of the US Plant Variety Protection Act on wheat genetic improvement
by Alston, Julian M. & Venner, Raymond J.
- 543-567 Patterns of technological learning among the strategic groups in the Korean Electronic Parts Industry
by Kim, Youngbae & Lee, Byungheon
- 569-588 Market versus technology drive in R&D internationalization: four different patterns of managing research and development
by von Zedtwitz, Maximilian & Gassmann, Oliver
- 589-609 'Location versus home country advantages' in R&D activities: some further results on multinationals' locational strategies
by Bas, Christian Le & Sierra, Christophe
- 611-632 Assessment of the scientific basis of interdisciplinary, applied research: Application of bibliometric methods in Nutrition and Food Research
by van Raan, A. F. J. & van Leeuwen, Th. N.
- 633-651 The origins and dynamics of Taiwan's R&D consortia
by Mathews, John A.
- 654-655 The Economics of Knowledge Production: Funding and Structure of University Research
by Llerena, Patrick
2002, Volume 31, Issue 3
- 303-328 Knowledge interactions between universities and industry in Austria: sectoral patterns and determinants
by Schartinger, Doris & Rammer, Christian & Fischer, Manfred M. & Frohlich, Josef
- 329-355 Introducing an infrastructure for joined-up-government in local public administration: a West Lothian case study
by Kinder, T.
- 357-379 Tacitness, codification of technological knowledge and the organisation of industry
by Balconi, Margherita
- 381-398 Who is interested in biotech? R&D strategies, knowledge base and market sales of Indian biopharmaceutical firms
by Ramani, Shyama V.
- 399-418 Academic patent quality and quantity before and after the Bayh-Dole act in the United States
by Mowery, David C. & Ziedonis, Arvids A.
- 419-435 Converting military technology through corporate entrepreneurship
by Azulay, Israel & Lerner, Miri & Tishler, Asher
- 437-455 Technology and market orientation in company participation in the EU framework programme
by Luukkonen, Terttu
- 457-474 Impacts of research universities on technological innovation in industry: evidence from engineering research centers
by Feller, Irwin & Ailes, Catherine P. & Roessner, J. David
- 475-476 The Economics of Science and Innovation: Paula E. Stephan, David B. Audretsch (Eds.), The International Library of Critical Writings in Economics, Vol. 117, Cheltenham, UK, and Northampton, MA, USA, 2000
by Elgar, Edward
2002, Volume 31, Issue 2
- 185-190 Editorial
by Andersen, Esben Sloth & Lundvall, Bengt-Ake & Sorrn-Friese, Henrik
- 191-211 Continental, national and sub-national innovation systems--complementarity and economic growth
by Freeman, Chris
- 213-231 National systems of production, innovation and competence building
by Lundvall, Bengt-Ake & Johnson, Bjorn & Andersen, Esben Sloth & Dalum, Bent
- 233-245 Innovation systems: analytical and methodological issues
by Carlsson, Bo & Jacobsson, Staffan & Holmen, Magnus & Rickne, Annika
- 247-264 Sectoral systems of innovation and production
by Malerba, Franco
- 265-272 Technology, institutions, and innovation systems
by Nelson, Richard R. & Nelson, Katherine
- 273-290 Organizations, firms and institutions in the generation of innovation
by Coriat, Benjamin & Weinstein, Olivier
- 291-302 National systems of innovations are "x-efficient" (and x-effective): Why some are slow learners
by Niosi, Jorge
2002, Volume 31, Issue 1
- 1-18 Impediments to advanced technology adoption for Canadian manufacturers
by Baldwin, John & Lin, Zhengxi
- 19-30 Does economic liberalisation endanger indigenous technological developments?: An analysis of the Indian experience
by Katrak, Homi
- 31-53 Privatization processes and the redefinition of corporate R&D boundaries
by Munari, Federico & Roberts, Edward B. & Sobrero, Maurizio
- 55-72 Innovation and research policy in France (1980-2000) or the disappearance of the Colbertist state
by Mustar, Philippe & Laredo, Philippe
- 73-94 Does technological learning pay off? Inter-firm differences in technological capability-accumulation paths and operational performance improvement
by Figueiredo, Paulo N.
- 95-107 R&D and foreign sales in Swedish multinationals: a simultaneous relationship?
by Fors, Gunnar & Svensson, Roger
- 109-124 Growth and productive efficiency of university intellectual property licensing
by Thursby, Jerry G. & Kemp, Sukanya
- 125-144 Measuring knowledge spillovers in manufacturing and services: an empirical assessment of alternative approaches
by Kaiser, Ulrich
- 145-158 Public/private technology partnerships: evaluating SBIR-supported research
by Audretsch, David B. & Link, Albert N. & Scott, John T.
- 159-182 Strategic management of supplier-manufacturer relations in new product development
by Sobrero, Maurizio & Roberts, Edward B.
- 183-184 Knowledge and Investment: The Sources of Innovation in Industry: Rinaldo Evangelista, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, UK, and Northampton, MA, USA, 1999
by Tether, Bruce S.
2001, Volume 30, Issue 9
- 1353-1354 Editorial
by Cohendet, Patrick & Meyer-Krahmer, Frieder
- 1355-1372 Expert systems: aspects of and limitations to the codifiability of knowledge
by Cowan, Robin
- 1373-1394 Inter-project learning: processes and outcomes of knowledge codification in project-based firms
by Prencipe, Andrea & Tell, Fredrik
- 1395-1407 Completion of knowledge codification: an illustration through the ISO 9000 standards implementation process
by Benezech, Daniele & Lambert, Gilles & Lanoux, Blandine & Lerch, Christophe & Loos-Baroin, Jocelyne
- 1409-1424 Crafting the virtual prototype: how firms integrate knowledge and capabilities across organisational boundaries
by D'Adderio, Luciana
- 1425-1442 Codified-tacit and general-specific knowledge in the division of labour among firms: A study of the software industry
by Grimaldi, Rosa & Torrisi, Salvatore
- 1443-1458 Organisational rules, codification and knowledge creation in inter-organisation cooperative agreements
by Avadikyan, Arman & Llerena, Patrick & Matt, Mireille & Rozan, Anne & Wolff, Sandrine
- 1459-1478 Technology transfer revisited from the perspective of the knowledge-based economy
by Amesse, Fernand & Cohendet, P.
- 1479-1500 Knowledge codification and the geography of innovation: the case of Brescia mechanical cluster
by Lissoni, Francesco
- 1501-1516 Business services as actors of knowledge transformation: the role of KIBS in regional and national innovation systems
by Muller, Emmanuel & Zenker, Andrea
- 1517-1535 Consultants and experts in management consulting firms
by Creplet, F. & Dupouet, O. & Kern, F. & Mehmanpazir, B. & Munier, F.
- 1537-1551 The role of knowledge codification in the emergence of consensus under uncertainty: empirical analysis and policy implications
by Munier, Francis & Ronde, Patrick
- 1553-1561 Facing the problem of unbalanced development of knowledge across sectors and fields: the case of the knowledge base in primary education
by Foray, Dominique
- 1563-1591 The theoretical and policy implications of knowledge codification
by Cohendet, Patrick & Meyer-Krahmer, Frieder
2001, Volume 30, Issue 8
- 1165-1184 Diversification dynamics of the Japanese industry
by Gemba, Kiminori & Kodama, Fumio
- 1185-1201 Export behaviour of Italian manufacturing firms over the nineties: the role of innovation
by Basile, Roberto
- 1203-1219 Making and implementing foresight policy to engage the academic community: health and life scientists' involvement in, and response to, development of the UK's technology foresight programme
by Hanney, Steve & Henkel, Mary & Walden Laing, Dagmar von
- 1221-1234 Changing knowledge production and Latin American universities
by Arocena, Rodrigo & Sutz, Judith
- 1235-1251 Complementary assets, strategic alliances, and the incumbent's advantage: an empirical study of industry and firm effects in the biopharmaceutical industry
by Rothaermel, Frank T.
- 1253-1266 The internationalisation of technology analysed with patent data
by Guellec, Dominique & Pottelsberghe de la Potterie, Bruno v.
- 1267-1287 The Indian software services industry
by Arora, Ashish & Arunachalam, V. S. & Asundi, Jai & Fernandes, Ronald
- 1289-1307 Firms' motivations for cooperative R&D: an empirical analysis of Spanish firms
by Bayona, Cristina & Garcia-Marco, Teresa & Huerta, Emilio
- 1309-1319 Exploring collaborative R&D network:: some new evidence in Japan
by Wen, Jiang & Kobayashi, Shinichi
- 1321-1340 The automobile technological systems : An empirical analysis of four European countries
by Leoncini, Riccardo & Montresor, Sandro
- 1341-1342 Foundation of the Economics of Innovation: Theory, Measurement and Practice: Hariolf Grupp (Ed.), Edward Elgar, Cheltenham UK, 1998, 521 pp., [UK pound]65.00, ISBN 1-85898-7164
by Gambardella, Alfonso
- 1342-1343 The Employment Impact of Innovation: Evidence and Policy: Marco Vivarelli and Mario Pianta (Eds.); Routledge, London and New York 2000
by Michie, Jonathan
- 1343-1344 Real Science -- What It Is, and What It Means: John Ziman, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2000, 399 pp
by Schimank, Uwe
- 1350-1352 Sources of Industrial Leadership: Studies of Seven Industries: David C. Mowery, Richard R. Nelson (Eds.), Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2000, 381 pp., price [UK pound] 37.50, ISBN 052164254X
by Lipsey, Richard G.
2001, Volume 30, Issue 7
- 993-1018 Cooperative research and development: who participates and in which industries do projects take place?
by Sakakibara, Mariko
- 1019-1039 Technology as a complex adaptive system: evidence from patent data
by Fleming, Lee & Sorenson, Olav
- 1041-1057 Technological clusters with a knowledge-based principle: evidence from a Delphi investigation in the French case of the life sciences
by Ronde, Patrick
- 1059-1068 The impact of patent protection, economy openness and national culture on R&D investment: a cross-country empirical investigation
by Varsakelis, Nikos C.
- 1069-1078 Science and knowledge flows: evidence from the French case
by Autant-Bernard, Corinne
- 1079-1090 Productivity growth and R&D expenditure in UK manufacturing firms
by Wakelin, Katharine
- 1091-1114 Comparing innovation systems: a framework and application to China's transitional context
by Liu, Xielin & White, Steven
- 1115-1138 Standardisation and particularisation in services: evidence from Germany
by Tether, Bruce S. & Hipp, Christiane & Miles, Ian
- 1139-1158 The persistence of innovative activities: A cross-countries and cross-sectors comparative analysis
by Cefis, Elena & Orsenigo, Luigi
- 1160-1161 China's Industrial Technology: Market Reform and Organisational Change: Shulin Gu, Routledge, London, 1999, 369 pp, [UK pound]65.00, ISBN 0415197414
by Wang, Q.
- 1161-1162 Schumpeter and the Endogeneity of Technology: Some American Perspectives (The Graz Schumpeter Lectures): Nathan Rosenberg; Routledge, London and New York, 2000, viii+125 pp, [UK pound] 50.00
by von Tunzelmann, G. N.
- 1162-1164 The Organization of Economic Innovation in Europe: Alfonso Gambardella and Franco Malerba (Eds.), Cambridge University Press, Cambridge,1999, [UK pound] 45.00, ISBN 0-521-64303-1
by Cowan, R.
2001, Volume 30, Issue 6
- 869-872 Innovations in European and US innovation policy
by Shapira, Philip & Klein, Hans & Kuhlmann, Stefan
- 873-889 Postindustrial technology policy
by Alic, John A.
- 891-903 Evolving frameworks for European collaboration in research and technology
by Georghiou, Luke
- 905-921 The erosion of state capacity and the European innovation policy dilemma: A comparison of German and EU information technology policies
by Grande, Edgar
- 923-936 Antitrust and technological innovation in the US: ideas, institutions, decisions, and impacts, 1890-2000
by Hart, David M.
- 937-951 Technology push-over: defense downturns and civilian technology policy
by Klein, Hans
- 953-976 Future governance of innovation policy in Europe -- three scenarios
by Kuhlmann, Stefan
- 977-992 US manufacturing extension partnerships: technology policy reinvented?
by Shapira, Philip
2001, Volume 30, Issue 5
- 711-724 Towards market repositioning in Central and Eastern Europe: international cooperative ventures in Hungary, Poland and the Czech Republic
by Sadowski, Bert M.
- 725-734 Identifying criteria for public agricultural research decisions
by Braunschweig, Thomas & Janssen, Willem & Rieder, Peter
- 735-757 Organizational tension in international R&D management: the case of Japanese firms
by Asakawa, Kazuhiro
- 759-775 Classifying technology policy from an evolutionary perspective
by Cantner, Uwe & Pyka, Andreas
- 777-789 Proximity and localisation of corporate R&D activities
by Carrincazeaux, Christophe & Lung, Yannick & Rallet, Alain
- 791-804 Science-industry interaction in the process of innovation: the importance of boundary-crossing between systems
by Kaufmann, Alexander & Todtling, Franz
- 805-817 Development of national innovation policy in small developing countries: the case of Cyprus
by Hadjimanolis, Athanasios & Dickson, Keith
- 819-836 Why promising technologies fail: the neglected role of user innovation during adoption
by Douthwaite, B. & Keatinge, J. D. H. & Park, J. R.
- 837-849 Strange bedfellows in the personal computer industry: technology alliances between IBM and Apple
by Hagedoorn, John & Carayannis, Elias & Alexander, Jeffrey
- 851-868 Technology exchange and the foreign business sector in Russia
by Dyker, David A.
2001, Volume 30, Issue 4
- 535-588 The dynamics of technological innovation: the case of the pharmaceutical industry
by Achilladelis, Basil & Antonakis, Nicholas
- 589-610 Market- and committee-based mechanisms in the creation and diffusion of global industry standards: the case of mobile communication
by Funk, Jeffrey L. & Methe, David T.
- 611-624 The relative effectiveness of patents and secrecy for appropriation
by Arundel, Anthony
- 625-641 Public financing of cooperative R&D projects in Spain: the Concerted Projects under the National R&D Plan
by Ballesteros, Juan Acosta & Rico, Aurelia Modrego
- 643-661 Location and network effects on innovation success: evidence for UK, German and Irish manufacturing plants
by Love, James H. & Roper, Stephen
- 663-672 Towards a framework for justifying public agricultural R&D: the example of UK agricultural research policy
by Barnes, Andrew P.
- 673-680 Earnings distribution among Spanish engineers: research vs. non-research occupations
by Lassibille, Gerard
- 681-703 The changing composition of innovative activity in the US -- a portrait based on patent analysis
by Hicks, Diana & Breitzman, Tony & Olivastro, Dominic & Hamilton, Kimberly
- 705-705 On line and on paper: visual representations, visual culture and computer graphics in design engineering: Kathryn Henderson, MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass. and London, 237 pages, 1998, ISBN 0-262-08269-1, Price $32.00/[UK pound]19.95
by Salter, Ammon
- 706-708 Turbulence in economics: an evolutionary appraisal of cycles and complexity in historical processes: Francisco Louca, Cheltenham: Edward Elgar, 1997, 400 pp., ISBN 1-85898-563-3, Price [UK pound]57.50
by Freeman, Chris
2001, Volume 30, Issue 3
- 357-361 Influence of interdisciplinarity on peer-review and bibliometric evaluations in physics research
by Rinia, E. J. & van Leeuwen, Th. N. & van Vuren, H. G. & van Raan, A. F. J.
- 363-389 Innovation in Israel 1968-1997: a comparative analysis using patent data
by Trajtenberg, Manuel
- 391-402 Innovating in Bulgaria -- two cases in the life of a laboratory before and after 1989
by Tchalakov, I.
- 403-423 Innovation needs patents reform
by Kingston, William
- 425-442 Intellectual property strategy in Japanese and UK companies: patent licensing decisions and learning opportunities
by Pitkethly, Robert H.
- 443-458 Inter-firm network policies and firm performance: evaluating the impact of initiatives in the United Kingdom
by Huggins, Robert
- 459-483 Technological regimes, catching-up and leapfrogging: findings from the Korean industries
by Lee, Keun & Lim, Chaisung
- 485-508 Technological change and network dynamics: Lessons from the pharmaceutical industry
by Orsenigo, L. & Pammolli, F. & Riccaboni, Massimo
- 509-532 The economic benefits of publicly funded basic research: a critical review
by Salter, Ammon J. & Martin, Ben R.
- 533-534 Slavo Radosevic Edward Elgar Chettenham, Northampton 1999, International Technology Transfer and Catch-up in Economic Development
by Walter, Gunter H.
2001, Volume 30, Issue 2
- 179-199 Unintended consequences of cooperative research: impact of industry sponsorship on climate for academic freedom and other graduate student outcome
by Behrens, Teresa R. & Gray, Denis O.
- 201-225 Design and policy choices for technology extension organizations
by Kolodny, Harvey & Stymne, Bengt & Shani, Rami & Figuera, Juan Ramon & Lillrank, Paul
- 227-244 The tangible contribution of R&D-spending foreign-owned plants to a host region: a plant level study of the Irish manufacturing sector (1980-1996)
by Kearns, Allan & Ruane, Frances
- 245-262 Technology, innovation capacity, and the export attitude of small manufacturing firms: a logit/tobit model
by Nassimbeni, Guido
- 263-273 Designing Dolly: interactions between economics, technology and science and the evolution of hybrid institutions
by Fransman, Martin
- 275-296 Regional cohesion in Europe? An analysis of how EU public RTD support influences the techno-economic regional landscape
by Clarysse, Bart & Muldur, Ugur