Earlier or later in CGE-models: The case of a tax reform proposal
AbstractThe German Income Tax Reform 2000 was welcomed by the public as a step towards unleashing lurking growth potentials. Nonetheless, in the course of the year 2001a dispute arose, centering around the question, whether or not the later stages of the German Income Tax Reform should be brought forward as a means of stimulating the stuttering engine of the German economy. Abstracting from the seemingly Keynesian viewpoint, we analyze the individual and social welfare effects in order to find the answer of what to do. The paper presents the welfare analysis of the early German Income Tax Reform within a simplified CGE model of the Auerbach–Kotlikoff type. --
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institut für Finanzwissenschaft, Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg in its series Discussion Papers with number 102.
Date of creation: 2002
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Kollegiengebäde II, Platz der Alten Synagoge, 79085 Freiburg
Phone: +49 +761 / 203 2301
Fax: +49 +761 / 203 2303
Web page: http://www.fiwi1.uni-freiburg.de/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fehr, H. & Wiegard, W., 1998. "The Incidence of an Extended ACE Corporation Tax," Papers, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration- 16/98, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration-.
- Gali, Jordi, 1996. "Unemployment in dynamic general equilibrium economies," European Economic Review, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-5), pages 839-845, April.
- Fehr, Hans, 1999. "Welfare Effects of Dynamic Tax Reforms," BeitrÃ¤ge zur Finanzwissenschaft, Mohr Siebeck, TÃ¼bingen, edition 1, volume 5, number urn:isbn:9783161470165, July.
- Raffeslhischen, B. & Steigum, E.Jr., 1994. "Deficit Spillovers, Labor Suply and Intergenerational Welfare," Papers, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration- 11-94, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration-.
- Georg Hirte, 2002. "Welfare and Macroeconomic Effects of the German Pension Acts of 1992 and 1999: A Dynamic CGE Study," German Economic Review, Verein fÃ¼r Socialpolitik, Verein fÃ¼r Socialpolitik, vol. 3(1), pages 81-106, 02.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.