Short-Term Water Dynamics in Chihuahua City, Mexico
AbstractLinear transfer ARIMA analysis of monthly per meter water consumption is conducted for Chihuahua City, Mexico. Sample data from January 1988 to December 2000 are analyzed. Time series utilized include water system revenue, climate, and industrial production data. Out-of-sample simulations are used to confirm the reliability of the in-sample estimation results.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Urban/Regional with number 0404001.
Length: 15 pages
Date of creation: 06 Apr 2004
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - doc; pages: 15
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://184.108.40.206
Water consumption; transfer function ARIMA analysis; forecast evaluation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
- Q25 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Water
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thomas M. Fullerton Jr. & Juan Alberto Luevano & Carol Taylor West, 2004. "Accuracy of Regional Single-Family Housing Start Forecasts," Urban/Regional 0404010, EconWPA.
- Thomas M Fullerton Jr, 2004. "Cross Border Business Cycle (Impacts on Commercial Electricity Demand," Urban/Regional 0407010, EconWPA.
- Dikaios Tserkezos, E., 1992. "Forecasting residential electricity consumption in Greece using monthly and quarterly data," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 226-232, July.
- Edward E. Leamer, 1982.
"Let's Take the Con Out of Econometrics,"
UCLA Economics Working Papers
239, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Ellen M. Pint, 1999. "Household Responses to Increased Water Rates during the California Drought," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 75(2), pages 246-266.
- Mizrach, Bruce, 1992. "The distribution of the Theil U-statistic in bivariate normal populations," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 163-167, February.
- David L. Chicoine & Ganapathi Ramamurthy, 1986. "Evidence on the Specification of Price in the Study of Domestic Water Demand," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 62(1), pages 26-32.
- Deirdre N. McCloskey & Stephen T. Ziliak, 1996. "The Standard Error of Regressions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(1), pages 97-114, March.
- Thomas M Fullerton Jr & David A Schauer, 2004. "Regional Econometric Assessment of Aggregate Water Consumption Trends," Urban/Regional 0407006, EconWPA.
- Liu, Lon-Mu & Lin, Maw-Wen, 1991. "Forecasting residential consumption of natural gas using monthly and quarterly time series," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 3-16, May.
- Céline Nauges & Alban Thomas, 2000. "Privately Operated Water Utilities, Municipal Price Negotiation, and Estimation of Residential Water Demand: The Case of France," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 76(1), pages 68-85.
- Henrique Monteiro, 2010. "Residential Water Demand in Portugal: checking for efficiency-based justifications for increasing block tariffs," Working Papers Series 1 ercwp0110, ISCTE-IUL, Business Research Unit (BRU-IUL).
- Thomas M Fullerton Jr & Arturo Elias, 2004. "Short-Term Water Consumption Dynamics in El Paso, Texas," Others 0410005, EconWPA.
- Thomas Fullerton & Roberto Tinajero & Jorge Mendoza Cota, 2007. "An Empirical Analysis of Tijuana Water Consumption," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 35(3), pages 357-369, September.
- Thomas Fullerton & Roberto Tinajero & Martha Barraza de Anda, 2006. "Short-Term Water Consumption Patterns in Ciudad Juárez, Mexico," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 34(4), pages 467-479, December.
- Nicholas P. Sisto, 2010. "Manejo sustentable del uso de agua y crecimiento urbano," Ensayos Revista de Economia, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Facultad de Economia, vol. 0(1), pages 23-38, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.