A Note on Price Perception in Water Demand Models
AbstractA household's decision to acquire price knowledge is endogenous in the demand for utility services and may affect elasticities and consumption levels. A simultaneous equation model with endogenous switching is developed to evaluate the effects of price ...
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Wisconsin Press in its journal Land Economics.
Volume (Year): 67 (1991)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://le.uwpress.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arbues, Fernando & Garcia-Valinas, Maria Angeles & Martinez-Espineira, Roberto, 2003. "Estimation of residential water demand: a state-of-the-art review," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 81-102, March.
- Miguel Bacharach & William J. Vaughan, 1994. "Household Water Demand Estimation," IDB Publications 25218, Inter-American Development Bank.
- van den Bergh, Jeroen C.J.M., 2008. "Environmental regulation of households: An empirical review of economic and psychological factors," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 66(4), pages 559-574, July.
- Tamkinat Rauf & M. Wasif Siddiqi, 2008. "Price-setting for Residential Water: Estimation of Water Demand in Lahore," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 47(4), pages 893-906.
- Felipe Lavín & Larry Dale & Michael Hanemann & Mithra Moezzi, 2011. "The impact of price on residential demand for electricity and natural gas," Climatic Change, Springer, Springer, vol. 109(1), pages 171-189, December.
- Nataraj, Shanthi & Hanemann, W. Michael, 2008.
"Does Marginal Price Matter? A Regression Discontinuity Approach to Estimating Water Demand,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley
qt2jc295gr, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Nataraj, Shanthi & Hanemann, W. Michael, 2011. "Does marginal price matter? A regression discontinuity approach to estimating water demand," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 198-212, March.
- Nataraj, Shanthi & Hanemann, W. Michael, 2008. "Does marginal price matter? : A regression discontinuity approach to estimating water demand," CUDARE Working Paper Series, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy 1077, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
- Marielle Montginoul, 2007. "Analysing the Diversity of Water Pricing Structures: The Case of France," Water Resources Management, Springer, Springer, vol. 21(5), pages 861-871, May.
- Christopher Boyer & Damian Adams & Tatiana Borisova & Christopher Clark, 2012. "Factors Driving Water Utility Rate Structure Choice: Evidence from Four Southern U.S. States," Water Resources Management, Springer, Springer, vol. 26(10), pages 2747-2760, August.
- Hurd, Brian H., 2006. "Water Conservation and Residential Landscapes: Household Preferences, Household Choices," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 31(02), August.
- Worthington, Andrew C., 2010. "Commercial and Industrial Water Demand Estimation: Theoretical and Methodological Guidelines for Applied Economics Research/Estimación de la demanda de agua comercial e industrial: pautas teóricas y," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 28, pages 237-258, Agosto.
- Fernando Arbués & Maria García-Valiñas & Inmaculada Villanúa, 2010. "Urban Water Demand for Service and Industrial Use: The Case of Zaragoza," Water Resources Management, Springer, Springer, vol. 24(14), pages 4033-4048, November.
- Henrique Monteiro, 2010. "Residential Water Demand in Portugal: checking for efficiency-based justifications for increasing block tariffs," Working Papers Series 1, ISCTE-IUL, Business Research Unit (BRU-IUL) ercwp0110, ISCTE-IUL, Business Research Unit (BRU-IUL).
- Fullerton, Thomas M., Jr. & White, Katherine & Smith, Wm. Doyle & Walke, Adam G., 2012. "An Empirical Analysis of Halifax Municipal Water Consumption," MPRA Paper 54113, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 14 Mar 2013.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.