A Note on Price Perception in Water Demand Models
AbstractA household's decision to acquire price knowledge is endogenous in the demand for utility services and may affect elasticities and consumption levels. A simultaneous equation model with endogenous switching is developed to evaluate the effects of price ...
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Wisconsin Press in its journal Land Economics.
Volume (Year): 67 (1991)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://le.uwpress.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arbues, Fernando & Garcia-Valinas, Maria Angeles & Martinez-Espineira, Roberto, 2003. "Estimation of residential water demand: a state-of-the-art review," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 81-102, March.
- Tamkinat Rauf & M. Wasif Siddiqi, 2008. "Price-setting for Residential Water: Estimation of Water Demand in Lahore," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 47(4), pages 893-906.
- van den Bergh, Jeroen C.J.M., 2008. "Environmental regulation of households: An empirical review of economic and psychological factors," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(4), pages 559-574, July.
- Worthington, Andrew C., 2010. "Commercial and Industrial Water Demand Estimation: Theoretical and Methodological Guidelines for Applied Economics Research/Estimación de la demanda de agua comercial e industrial: pautas teóricas y," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 28, pages 237-258, Agosto.
- Hurd, Brian H., 2006. "Water Conservation and Residential Landscapes: Household Preferences, Household Choices," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 31(02), August.
- Felipe Lavín & Larry Dale & Michael Hanemann & Mithra Moezzi, 2011. "The impact of price on residential demand for electricity and natural gas," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 109(1), pages 171-189, December.
- Nataraj, Shanthi & Hanemann, W. Michael, 2008. "Does Marginal Price Matter? A Regression Discontinuity Approach to Estimating Water Demand," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt2jc295gr, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Miguel Bacharach & William J. Vaughan, 1994. "Household Water Demand Estimation," IDB Publications 25218, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Henrique Monteiro, 2010. "Residential Water Demand in Portugal: checking for efficiency-based justifications for increasing block tariffs," Working Papers Series 1 ercwp0110, ISCTE-IUL, Business Research Unit (BRU-IUL).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.