Search Models and Duration Data
AbstractSEARCH MODELS AND DURATION DATA By George R. Neumann* Contents 1. Introduction p. 1 2. Duration Distributions p. 3 2.1 Survivor, density, and hazard functions 2.2 Censoring Mechanisms 2.3 Nonparametric estimation 2.4 Parametric estimation 2.5 Sampling Issues 3. Econometric Models for Durations p. 17 3.1 Parametric Specifications 3.1a Specification Tests 3.2 Semiparametric Specifications 3.2.a Proportional Hazard Models 3.2.b Accelerated Failure Time Models 3.2.c Specification Tests 3.2.d Semiparametric Estimation of Strike Durations 3.3 Time Varying Covariates 3.4 Unmeasured Heterogeneity 4. Search Theory and Duration Models p. 46 4.1 Search Theory 4.2 First Generation Search Models 4.3 Second Generation Search Models 4.4 Multiple State Duration Models 4.5 Equilibrium Search Models 5. Summary p. 71 6. References p. 73
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Labor and Demography with number 9511001.
Date of creation: 02 Nov 1995
Date of revision:
Note: Zipped using PKZIP v2.04, encoded using UUENCODE v5.15. Zipped file includes 1 files- (All1a.pap)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://22.214.171.124
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J - Labor and Demographic Economics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Albrecht, James & Axell, Bo, 1983.
"An Equilibrium Model of Search Unemployment,"
83-10, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Bergstrom, R & Edin, P-A, 1992.
"Time Aggregation and the Distributional Shape of Unemployment Duration,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(1), pages 5-30, Jan.-Marc.
- Edin, P.A. & Bergstrom, R., 1991. "Time aggregation and the Distributional Shape of Unemployment Duration," Papers 1991u, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Anderson, Patricia M & Meyer, Bruce D, 1993. "Unemployment Insurance in the United States: Layoff Incentives and Cross Subsidies," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 11(1), pages S70-95, January.
- Christensen, B.J. & Kiefer, N.M., 1990.
"The Exact Likelihood Function For An Empirical Job Search Model,"
9017, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Christensen, Bent Jesper & Kiefer, Nicholas M., 1991. "The Exact Likelihood Function for an Empirical Job Search Model," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(04), pages 464-486, December.
- Christensden, B. & Kiefer, N., 1990. "The Exact Likelihood Function for an Empirical Job Search Model," Discussion Paper 1990-17, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Diamond, Peter A., 1971. "A model of price adjustment," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 156-168, June.
- Kathleen P. Classen, 1977. "The effect of unemployment insurance on the duration of unemployment and subsequent earnings," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 30(4), pages 438-444, July.
- Richard J. Butler & Ronald G. Ehrenberg, 1981. "Estimating the narcotic effect of public sector impasse procedures," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 35(1), pages 3-20, October.
- Atkinson, A. B. & Gomulka, J. & Micklewright, J. & Rau, N., 1984. "Unemployment benefit, duration and incentives in Britain : How robust is the evidence?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1-2), pages 3-26.
- Killingsworth,Mark R., 1984. "Labor Supply," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521299169, November.
- repec:cup:etheor:v:7:y:1991:i:4:p:464-86 is not listed on IDEAS
- Burdett, Kenneth & Kiefer, Nicholas M. & Sharma, Sunil, 1985. "Layoffs and duration dependence in a model of turnover," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 51-69, April.
- Bowlus, Audra J & Kiefer, Nicholas M & Neumann, George R, 1995. "Estimation of Equilibrium Wage Distributions with Heterogeneity," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(S), pages S119-31, Suppl. De.
- Chesher, Andrew & Spady, Richard, 1991. "Asymptotic Expansions of the Information Matrix Test Statistic," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 787-815, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.