Corporate Entrepreneurship: A Strategic And Structural Perspective
AbstractRecently there has been a growing interest in the use of corporate entrepreneurship as a means for corporations to enhance the innovative abilities of their employees and, at the same time, increase corporate success through the creation of new corporate ventures. However, the creation of corporate activity is difficult since it involves radically changing internal organisational behaviour patterns. Researchers have attempted to understand the factors that stimulate or impede corporate entrepreneurship. They examined the effect of a firmâs strategy, organisation and external environment. It appears that the environment plays a profound role is influencing corporate entrepreneurship whereas there is consensus that the external environment is an important antecedent of corporate entrepreneurship. Focus on the environment, the literature highlights two research questions that deserve examination. First, how do firms that compete in different environments vary in the corporate entrepreneurship activities? Second, which corporate entrepreneurship activities are conductive to superior performance in different environments? This paper develops the theoretical foundation of theses questions and focuses on the relationship between corporate entrepreneurship and strategic management in a integrating model of corporate entrepreneurship, giving special attention to the strategic behaviour, corporate context and organisational types.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Industrial Organization with number 0506011.
Length: 22 pages
Date of creation: 22 Jun 2005
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 22
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://126.96.36.199
Corporate Entrepreneurship; Strategy;
Other versions of this item:
- João Ferreira, 2005. "Corporate Entrepreneurship: A Strategic And Structural Perspective," Industrial Organization 0506008, EconWPA.
- M0 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - General
- M1 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration
- M2 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Danny Miller & Peter H. Friesen, 1978. "Archetypes of Strategy Formulation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(9), pages 921-933, May.
- Viala, Céline & Léger-Jarniou, Catherine, 2010. "Leviers organisationnels de la dynamique d'innovation intrapreneuriale : relecture théorique du modèle d'Ireland, Kuratko et Morris," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5648, Paris Dauphine University.
- Bobby Boon-Hui Chai & Harry Entebang, 2013. "A Conceptual Model of Corporate Entrepreneurship in Banking Industry," Diversity, Technology, and Innovation for Operational Competitiveness: Proceedings of the 2013 International Conference on Technology Innovation and Industrial Management, ToKnowPress.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.