multiproduct firms in the representative consumer model of product differientation
AbstractThis note describes a worked-out example of the Dixit-Stiglitz model of product differentiation, generalized in two directions; career choice is endogenous and firms can produce many products
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Industrial Organization with number 0207004.
Date of creation: 11 Jul 2002
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document -
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://18.104.22.168
multiproduct firms; variety; differientated products;
Other versions of this item:
- Vassilakis, Spyros, 1993. "Multiproduct firms in the representative consumer model of product differentiation," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 149-160.
- L - Industrial Organization
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eaton, B Curtis & Lipsey, Richard G, 1978. "Freedom of Entry and the Existence of Pure Profit," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 88(351), pages 455-69, September.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1977.
"Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 297-308, June.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1975. "Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 64, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- B. Curtis Eaton, 1972. "Spatial Competition Revisited," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 5(2), pages 268-78, May.
- Novshek, William, 1980. "Equilibrium in simple spatial (or differentiated product) models," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 313-326, April.
- Berliant, M. & Raa, T. ten, 1997.
"Increasing returns and perfect competition: The role of land,"
1997-75, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Berliant, Marcus & ten Raa, Thijs, 2003. "Increasing returns and perfect competition: the role of land," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 339-367, September.
- Berliant, M. & Raa, T. ten, 2003. "Increasing returns to scale and perfect competition: The role of land," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-119482, Tilburg University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.