Taste for diversity and the optimality of economic growth
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 58 (1998)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1975.
"Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
64, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1977. "Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 297-308, June.
- Benassy, Jean-Pascal, 1996. "Taste for variety and optimum production patterns in monopolistic competition," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 41-47, July.
- Ethier, Wilfred J, 1982. "National and International Returns to Scale in the Modern Theory of International Trade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 389-405, June.
- Spence, Michael, 1976. "Product Selection, Fixed Costs, and Monopolistic Competition," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(2), pages 217-35, June.
- Bianco, Dominique, 2007.
"An inverted-U relationship between product market competition and Growth in an extended romerian model : A comment,"
4492, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dominique Bianco, 2007. "An Inverted U-Relationship between Product Market Competition and Growth in an Extended Romerian Model: A Comment," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 97(5), pages 245-258, September.
- Canton, Erik J. F. & de Groot, Henri L. F. & Nahuis, Richard, 2002. "Vested interests, population ageing and technology adoption," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 631-652, November.
- Wang, Vey & Lai, Chung-Hui, 2011. "Franchise fee, competition and economic growth," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 2090-2099, September.
- Glazer, Amihai & Kondo, Hiroki, 2007.
"Migration in search of good government,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 703-716, November.
- Andreas Irmen & Johanna Kuehnel, 2011.
"Property Rights, Optimal Public Enforcement, and Growth,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3668, CESifo Group Munich.
- Andreas Irmen & Johanna Kuehnel, 2011. "Property rights, optimal public enforcement, and growth," CREA Discussion Paper Series 11-18, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Marta Arespa, 2011. "Macroeconomics of extensive margins: a simple model," Working Papers XREAP2011-19, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Nov 2011.
- van Schaik, Anton B. T. M. & de Groot, Henri L. F., 2002. "Macroeconomic consequences of downsizing," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 331-352, May.
- Canton, E.J.F. & Groot, H.L.F. de & Nahuis, R., 1999. "Vested Interests and Resistance to Technology Adoption," Discussion Paper 1999-106, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Bianco, Dominique, 2008.
"Growth and Competition in a Model of Human Capital Accumulation and Research,"
10913, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dominique Bianco, 2009. "Growth And Competition In A Model Of Human Capital Accumulation And Research," Journal of Applied Economic Sciences, Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova, vol. 4(3(9)_Fall).
- Glazer, Amihai & Gradstein, Mark & Ranjan, Priya, 2003. "Consumption variety and urban agglomeration," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 653-661, October.
- Kim, Jinill, 2004. "What determines aggregate returns to scale?," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 1577-1594, June.
- Smulders, J.A. & Klundert, T.C.M.J. van de, 2004. "Monopolistic competition and economic growth," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-123118, Tilburg University.
- María J. Alvarez-Peláez & Christian Groth, 2003. "Profitable Unproductive Innovations," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2003/42, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Tiago Sequeira, 2012. "Facts and distortions in an endogenous growth model with physical capital, human capital and varieties," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 171-188, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.