Option Strategies with linear programming
AbstractIn practice, all option strategies are decided in advance, given the investor’s belief of the stock price. In this paper, instead of deciding in advance the most appropriate hedging option strategy, an LP problem is formulated, by considering all significant Greek parameters of the Black-Scholes formula, such as delta, gamma, theta, rho and kappa. The optimal strategy to select will be simply decided by the solution of that model. The LP model is applied to Ericsson’s call and puts options.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Finance with number 0505005.
Date of creation: 04 May 2005
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf. Published in European Journal of Operational research 157 (2004) 246-256
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://220.127.116.11
Finance; option portfolios; Linear programming;
Other versions of this item:
- G - Financial Economics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-05-07 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Gao, Pei-wang, 2009. "Options strategies with the risk adjustment," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 192(3), pages 975-980, February.
- Sinha, Pankaj & Gupta, Akshay & Mudgal, Hemant, 2010.
"Active Hedging Greeks of an Options Portfolio integrating churning and minimization of cost of hedging using Quadratic & Linear Programing,"
25707, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pankaj Sinha & Akshay Gupta & Hemant Mudgal, 2010. "Active Hedging Greeks of an Options Portfolio Integrating Churning and Minimization of Cost of Hedging Using Quadratic & Linear Programing," Journal of Prediction Markets, University of Buckingham Press, vol. 4(2), pages 1-14, September.
- Sinha, Pankaj & Johar, Archit, 2010.
"Hedging Greeks for a portfolio of options using linear and quadratic programming,"
20834, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pankaj Sinha & Archit Johar, 2010. "Hedging Greeks for a Portfolio of Options Using Linear and Quadratic Programming," Journal of Prediction Markets, University of Buckingham Press, vol. 4(1), pages 17-26, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.