Active Hedging Greeks of an Options Portfolio Integrating Churning and Minimization of Cost of Hedging Using Quadratic & Linear Programing
AbstractThis paper proposes a methodology for active hedging Greeks of an option portfolio integrating churning and minimization of cost of hedging. In the first section, hedging strategy is implemented by taking positions in other available options, while simultaneously minimizing the net premium paid for the hedging and then churning the portfolio to take into account the changed value of Greeks in the new portfolio. In the second section, the paper extends the model to incorporate the transaction cost while hedging the portfolio and churning it in Indian Scenario. Both constant and nonlinear shape of transaction cost has been considered as per the Security Transaction Tax and Brokerage charges in India. A quadratic programming has been presented which has been approximated by a linear programming solution. The prototype software has been developed in MS Excel using Visual Basic.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Buckingham Press in its journal Journal of Prediction Markets.
Volume (Year): 4 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.ubpl.co.uk/
Other versions of this item:
- Sinha, Pankaj & Gupta, Akshay & Mudgal, Hemant, 2010. "Active Hedging Greeks of an Options Portfolio integrating churning and minimization of cost of hedging using Quadratic & Linear Programing," MPRA Paper 25707, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- C02 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Mathematical Economics
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sinha, Pankaj & Johar, Archit, 2010.
"Hedging Greeks for a portfolio of options using linear and quadratic programming,"
20834, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pankaj Sinha & Archit Johar, 2010. "Hedging Greeks for a Portfolio of Options Using Linear and Quadratic Programming," Journal of Prediction Markets, University of Buckingham Press, vol. 4(1), pages 17-26, May.
- Christos Papahristodoulou, 2005.
"Option Strategies with linear programming,"
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Matheson, College of the Holy Cross).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.