Hedging Greeks for a Portfolio of Options Using Linear and Quadratic Programming
AbstractThe aim of this paper is to develop a hedging methodology for making a portfolio of options delta, vega and gamma neutral by taking positions in other available options, and simultaneously minimizing the net premium to be paid for the hedging. A quadratic programming solution for the problem is formulated, and then it is approximated to a linear programming solution. A prototype for the linear programming solution has been developed in MS Excel using VBA.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Buckingham Press in its journal Journal of Prediction Markets.
Volume (Year): 4 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.ubpl.co.uk/
Other versions of this item:
- Sinha, Pankaj & Johar, Archit, 2010. "Hedging Greeks for a portfolio of options using linear and quadratic programming," MPRA Paper 20834, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- C00 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - General
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- C88 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Other Computer Software
- G00 - Financial Economics - - General - - - General
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
- C - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christos Papahristodoulou, 2005.
"Option Strategies with linear programming,"
- Pankaj Sinha & Akshay Gupta & Hemant Mudgal, 2010.
"Active Hedging Greeks of an Options Portfolio Integrating Churning and Minimization of Cost of Hedging Using Quadratic & Linear Programing,"
Journal of Prediction Markets,
University of Buckingham Press, vol. 4(2), pages 1-14, September.
- Sinha, Pankaj & Gupta, Akshay & Mudgal, Hemant, 2010. "Active Hedging Greeks of an Options Portfolio integrating churning and minimization of cost of hedging using Quadratic & Linear Programing," MPRA Paper 25707, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Matheson, College of the Holy Cross).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.