Best Log-linear Index Numbers: Extensions and Applications
AbstractIndex numbers of prices and quantities are estimated in the framework of a two-way analysis of variance, based on the ideas of H. Theil and K. Banerjee. Topics include aggregation, multidimensional indices and non- spherical errors. This method is applied to the commodity exports of developing nations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Econometrics with number 9904001.
Length: 14 pages
Date of creation: 21 Apr 1999
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - MS Word 47kb; prepared on IBM PC -; to print on HP; pages: 14 ; figures: included. none
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://184.108.40.206
price index quantity index;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
- C2 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables
- C3 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables
- C4 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
- C8 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Prasada Rao, D S & Selvanathan, E Anthony & Pilat, Dirk, 1995. "Generalized Theil-Tornqvist Indices with Applications to International Comparisons of Prices and Real Output," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(2), pages 352-60, May.
- Basmann, R L & Molina, D J & Slottje, D J, 1983. "Budget Constraint Prices as Preference Changing Parameters of Generalized Fechner-Thurstone Direct Utility Functions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(3), pages 411-13, June.
- Basmann, R. L. & Diamond, C. A. & Frentrup, J. C. & White, S. N., 1985. "On deviations between neoclassical and GFT-based true cost-of-living indexes derived from the same demand function system," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 45-66.
- Pindyck, Robert S. & Rotemberg, Julio., 1987.
"The excess co-movement of commodity prices,"
1969-87., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Diewert, W. E., 1976. "Exact and superlative index numbers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 115-145, May.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Diewert, W Erwin, 1982. "Multilateral Comparisons of Output, Input, and Productivity Using Superlative Index Numbers," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(365), pages 73-86, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.