Innovation and Knowledge Links in Metropolitan Regions - The Case of Vienna
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute for the Environment and Regional Development, Department of Socioeconomics, Vienna University of Economics and Business in its series SRE-Disc with number sre-disc-2009_02.
Length: 28 pages
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Augasse 2-6, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Web page: http://www.wu-wien.ac.at/ruw/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-10-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2009-10-03 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-GEO-2009-10-03 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-INO-2009-10-03 (Innovation)
- NEP-IPR-2009-10-03 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-KNM-2009-10-03 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-SBM-2009-10-03 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-URE-2009-10-03 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michaela Trippl & Anne Otto, 2009. "How to turn the fate of old industrial areas: a comparison of cluster-based renewal processes in Styria and the Saarland," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 41(5), pages 1217-1233, May.
- Todtling, Franz & Trippl, Michaela, 2005. "One size fits all?: Towards a differentiated regional innovation policy approach," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1203-1219, October.
- James Simmie, 2003. "Innovation and Urban Regions as National and International Nodes for the Transfer and Sharing of Knowledge," Regional Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 37(6-7), pages 607-620.
- Audretsch, David B, 1998.
"Agglomeration and the Location of Innovative Activity,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1974, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Audretsch, David B, 1998. "Agglomeration and the Location of Innovative Activity," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 18-29, Summer.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg & Rebecca Henderson, 1992.
"Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations,"
NBER Working Papers
3993, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jaffe, Adam B & Trajtenberg, Manuel & Henderson, Rebecca, 1993. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 108(3), pages 577-98, August.
- Jaffe, A.B. & Trajtenberg, M., 1992. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," Papers 14-92, Tel Aviv.
- Michaela Trippl & Lukas Lengauer & Franz Tödtling, 2007. "Innovation und Wissensnetze im Wiener Informations- und Kommunikationtechnologiecluster," SRE-Disc sre-disc-2007_02, Institute for the Environment and Regional Development, Department of Socioeconomics, Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Michael Fritsch, 2000. "Interregional Differences in R&D Activities—An Empirical Investigation," European Planning Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 8(4), pages 409-427, August.
- Hagedoorn, John, 2002. "Inter-firm R&D partnerships: an overview of major trends and patterns since 1960," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 477-492, May.
- Raffaele Paci & Stefano Usai, 1998.
"Technological enclaves and industrial districts: An analysis of the regional distribution of innovative activity in Europe,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa98p461, European Regional Science Association.
- Raffaele Paci & Stefano Usai, 2000. "Technological Enclaves and Industrial Districts: An Analysis of the Regional Distribution of Innovative Activity in Europe," Regional Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 34(2), pages 97-114.
- R. Paci & S. Usai, 1997. "Technological enclaves and industrial districts. An analysis of the regional distributions of innovative activity in Europe," Working Paper CRENoS 199708, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Arno Brandt & Claudia Hahn & Stefan Kr�Tke & Matthias Kiese, 2009. "Metropolitan Regions In The Knowledge Economy: Network Analysis As A Strategic Information Tool," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 100(2), pages 236-249, 04.
- Franz Todtling, 1998. "Innovation systems in regions of Europe: A comparative perspective," ERSA conference papers ersa98p421, European Regional Science Association.
- Fritsch, Michael & Franke, Grit, 2004. "Innovation, regional knowledge spillovers and R&D cooperation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 245-255, March.
- Fritsch, Michael, 2002.
"Does R&D-cooperation behavior differ between regions?,"
Freiberg Working Papers
2002,04, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Michael Fritsch, 2003. "Does R&D-Cooperation Behavior Differ between Regions?," Industry & Innovation, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 25-39.
- Laura Bottazzi & Giovanni Peri, .
"Innovation and Spillovers in Regions: Evidence from European Patent Data,"
215, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Bottazzi, Laura & Peri, Giovanni, 2003. "Innovation and spillovers in regions: Evidence from European patent data," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 687-710, August.
- Harald Bathelt & Andersand Malmberg & Peter Maskell, 2002. "Clusters and Knowledge Local Buzz, Global Pipelines and the Process of Knowledge Creation," DRUID Working Papers 02-12, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Anselin, Luc & Varga, Attila & Acs, Zoltan, 1997. "Local Geographic Spillovers between University Research and High Technology Innovations," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 422-448, November.
- Erik Brouwer & Hana Budil-Nadvornikova & Alfred Kleinknecht, 1999. "Are Urban Agglomerations a Better Breeding Place for Product Innovation? An Analysis of New Product Announcements," Regional Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 33(6), pages 541-549.
- Audretsch, David B & Feldman, Maryann P, 1998.
"Innovation in Cities: Science-Based Diversity, Specialization and Localized Competition,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1980, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Feldman, Maryann P. & Audretsch, David B., 1999. "Innovation in cities:: Science-based diversity, specialization and localized competition," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 409-429, February.
- Baptista, Rui & Swann, Peter, 1998. "Do firms in clusters innovate more?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 525-540, September.
- F T�dtling, 1992. "Technological change at the regional level: the role of location, firm structure, and strategy," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 24(11), pages 1565-1584, November.
- Ron Boschma, 2005. "Proximity and Innovation: A Critical Assessment," Regional Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 61-74.
- Koen Frenken & Frank Van Oort & Thijs Verburg, 2007. "Related Variety, Unrelated Variety and Regional Economic Growth," Regional Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 41(5), pages 685-697.
- Michaela Trippl & Franz Todtling, 2007. "Developing Biotechnology Clusters in Non-high Technology Regions—The Case of Austria," Industry & Innovation, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 47-67.
- Franz Tödtling & Roland Schneider & Markus Grillitsch & Christoph Höglinger, 2011. "Constructing Regional Advantage in the Austrian ICT Sector—Towards Fine-Tuned Innovation Policies?," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer, vol. 2(4), pages 533-549, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.