Do Different Types of Innovation Rely on Specific Kinds of Knowledge Interactions?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute for the Environment and Regional Development, Department of Socioeconomics, Vienna University of Economics and Business in its series SRE-Disc with number sre-disc-2008_01.
Length: 38 pages
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Welthandelsplatz 1, 1020 Vienna, Austria
Web page: http://www.wu-wien.ac.at/ruw/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-05-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-INO-2008-05-10 (Innovation)
- NEP-IPR-2008-05-10 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-KNM-2008-05-10 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-SOC-2008-05-10 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Baptista, Rui & Swann, Peter, 1998. "Do firms in clusters innovate more?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 525-540, September.
- Bengt-ake Lundvall & Bjorn Johnson, 1994. "The Learning Economy," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 23-42.
- McKelvey, Maureen & Alm, Hakan & Riccaboni, Massimo, 2003. "Does co-location matter for formal knowledge collaboration in the Swedish biotechnology-pharmaceutical sector?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 483-501, March.
- DeBresson, Chris & Amesse, Fernand, 1991. "Networks of innovators :A review and introduction to the issue," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 363-379, October.
- Catherine Beaudry & Stefano Breschi, 2003. "Are firms in clusters really more innovative?," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(4), pages 325-342.
- Laura Bottazzi & Giovanni Peri, .
"Innovation and Spillovers in Regions: Evidence from European Patent Data,"
215, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Bottazzi, Laura & Peri, Giovanni, 2003. "Innovation and spillovers in regions: Evidence from European patent data," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 687-710, August.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg & Rebecca Henderson, 1992.
"Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations,"
NBER Working Papers
3993, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jaffe, Adam B & Trajtenberg, Manuel & Henderson, Rebecca, 1993. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 108(3), pages 577-98, August.
- Jaffe, A.B. & Trajtenberg, M., 1992. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," Papers 14-92, Tel Aviv.
- Kaufmann, A. & Lehner, P. & Todtling, F., 2003.
"Effects of the Internet on the spatial structure of innovation networks,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 402-424, September.
- Tödtling, Franz & Kaufmann, Alexander & Lehner, Patrick, 2002. "Effects of the internet on the spatial structure of innovation networks," ERSA conference papers ersa02p198, European Regional Science Association.
- Michael Fritsch, 2001. "Co-operation in Regional Innovation Systems," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(4), pages 297-307.
- Paul A. David & Dominique Foray, .
"Economic Fundamentals of the Knowledge Society,"
02003, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Kaufmann, Alexander & Tödtling, Franz, 2000.
"Science-Industry Interaction In The Process Of Innovation - The Importance Of Boundary-Crossing Between Systems,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa00p428, European Regional Science Association.
- Kaufmann, Alexander & Todtling, Franz, 2001. "Science-industry interaction in the process of innovation: the importance of boundary-crossing between systems," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 791-804, May.
- Harald Bathelt & Andersand Malmberg & Peter Maskell, 2002. "Clusters and Knowledge Local Buzz, Global Pipelines and the Process of Knowledge Creation," DRUID Working Papers 02-12, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Anselin, Luc & Varga, Attila & Acs, Zoltan, 1997. "Local Geographic Spillovers between University Research and High Technology Innovations," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 422-448, November.
- David Angel, 2002. "Inter-firm Collaboration and Technology Development Partnerships Within US Manufacturing Industries," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(4), pages 333-344.
- Fritsch, Michael, 2002.
"Does R&D-cooperation behavior differ between regions?,"
Freiberg Working Papers
2002,04, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Michael Fritsch, 2003. "Does R&D-Cooperation Behavior Differ between Regions?," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 25-39.
- Michael Fritsch, 2004. "Cooperation and the efficiency of regional R&D activities," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(6), pages 829-846, November.
- Todtling, Franz & Trippl, Michaela, 2005. "One size fits all?: Towards a differentiated regional innovation policy approach," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1203-1219, October.
- Bozeman, Barry, 2000. "Technology transfer and public policy: a review of research and theory," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(4-5), pages 627-655, April.
- Bjørn Asheim, . "Industrial Districts as 'learning regions'. A condition for prosperity," STEP Report series 199503, The STEP Group, Studies in technology, innovation and economic policy.
- Franz T�dtling & Patrick Lehner & Michaela Trippl, 2005. "Innovation in knowledge intensive industries: The nature and geography of knowledge links," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(8), pages 1035-1058, September.
- Michaela Trippl & Franz Todtling, 2007. "Developing Biotechnology Clusters in Non-high Technology Regions—The Case of Austria," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 47-67.
- Elisa Giuliani, 2006. "Networks and heterogeneous performance of cluster firms," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 0602, Utrecht University, Section of Economic Geography, revised Jan 2006.
- Ron Boschma, 2005. "Proximity and Innovation: A Critical Assessment," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 61-74.
- Bernhard Dachs & Bernd Ebersberger & Andreas Pyka, 2004. "Why do Firms Co-operate for Innovation? - A comparison of Austrian and Finnish CIS 3 results," Discussion Paper Series 255, Universitaet Augsburg, Institute for Economics.
- Anders Malmberg & Peter Maskell, 2002. "The elusive concept of localization economies: towards a knowledge-based theory of spatial clustering," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 34(3), pages 429-449, March.
- Fritsch, Michael & Franke, Grit, 2004. "Innovation, regional knowledge spillovers and R&D cooperation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 245-255, March.
- Chiara Franco & Alberto Marzucchi & Sandro Montresor, 2011.
"The "potential" face of absorptive capacity. An empirical investigation for an area of 3 European countries,"
Openloc Working Papers
1106, Public policies and local development.
- Chiara Franco & Alberto Marzucchi & Sandro Montresor, 2011. "The “potential” face of absorptive capacity. An empirical investigation for an area of 3 European countries," Working Papers 2011R08, Basque Institute of Competitiveness.
- Marie Ferru, 2010. "Formation and geography of science-industry collaborations: the case of the University of Poitiers," Post-Print hal-00461262, HAL.
- Alberto Marzucchi & Davide Antonioli & Sandro Montresor, 2012.
"Research cooperation within and across regional boundaries. Does innovation policy add anything?,"
JRC-IPTS Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation
2012-04, Institute of Prospective Technological Studies, Joint Research Centre.
- Alberto Marzucchi & Davide Antonioli & Sandro Montresor, 2012. "Research cooperation within and across regional boundaries. Does innovation policy add anything?," JRC-IPTS Working Papers JRC76320, Institute for Prospective and Technological Studies, Joint Research Centre, revised Nov 2012.
- José Albors-Garrigos & José L. Hervas-Oliver, 2011. "Making sense of innovation by R&D and non-R&D innovators in low technology contexts: a forgotten lesson for policymakers," Working Papers. Serie EC 2011-06, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Marie Ferru & Michel Grossetti & Marie-Pierre BÃ¨s, 2011. "Measuring social embeddedness : how to identify social networks in science-industry partnerships ?," ERSA conference papers ersa11p971, European Regional Science Association.
- Theresia Gunawan & Jojo Jacob & Geert Duysters, 2013. "Entrepreneurial Orientation and Network Ties: Innovative Performance of SMEs in an Emerging-Economy Manufacturing Cluster," Working Papers 2013/28, Maastricht School of Management.
- A. Lasagni, 2011. "European SMEs, external relationships and innovation: some empirical evidence," Economics Department Working Papers 2011-EP04, Department of Economics, Parma University (Italy).
- Sandro Montresor & Claudia Ghisetti & Alberto Marzucchi, 2013. "The “green-impact” of the open innovation mode. Bridging knowledge sourcing and absorptive capacity for environmental innovations," JRC-IPTS Working Papers JRC83831, Institute for Prospective and Technological Studies, Joint Research Centre.
- Dornbusch, Friedrich & Brenner, Thomas, 2013. "Universities as local knowledge hubs under different technology regimes: New evidence from academic patenting," Working Papers "Firms and Region" R6/2013, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research (ISI).
- Bodas Freitas Isabel Maria & Geuna Aldo & Rossi Federica, 2011. "Patterns of Collaborations between Regional Firms and Universities: Evidence from the Piedmont region in Italy," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 201105, University of Turin.
- Pablo D'Este & Frederick Guy & Simona Iammarino, 2011.
"Shaping the formation of university-industry research collaborations: what type of proximity does really matter?,"
Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG)
1106, Utrecht University, Section of Economic Geography, revised Mar 2011.
- Pablo D'Este & Frederick Guy & Simona Iammarino, 2013. "Shaping the formation of university--industry research collaborations: what type of proximity does really matter?," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(4), pages 537-558, July.
- Franz Tödtling & Markus Grillitsch & Christoph Höglinger, 2011. "Competencies of firms, external knowledge sourcing and types of innovation in regions of Europe," SRE-Disc sre-disc-2011_05, Institute for the Environment and Regional Development, Department of Socioeconomics, Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Martin, Roman & Moodysson, Jerker, 2010.
"Innovation in symbolic industries: the geography and organisation of knowledge sourcing,"
CIRCLE Electronic Working Papers
2010/7, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Roman Martin & Jerker Moodysson, 2010. "Innovation in Symbolic Industries: The Geography and Organization of Knowledge Sourcing," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(7), pages 1183-1203, September.
- Abiodun A. Egbetokun, 2012. "Cooperation behaviour and innovation performance in the Nigerian manufacturing industry," Jena Economic Research Papers 2012-037, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Friedrich Dornbusch & Thomas Brenner, 2013. "Universities as local knowledge hubs under different technology regimes â€“ New evidence from academic patenting," Working Papers on Innovation and Space 2013-10, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Chen, Jin & Chen, Yufen & Vanhaverbeke, Wim, 2008. "The influence of scope, depth, and orientation of external technology sources on the innovative performance of Chinese firms," MPRA Paper 22589, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2010.
- Pessoa, Argentino, 2012. "Regional cluster policy: The Asian model vs. the OECD approach," MPRA Paper 42024, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ghisetti,Claudia & Marzucchi,Alberto & Montresor,Sandro, 2013. "Does external knowledge affect environmental innovations? An empirical investigation of eleven European countries," INGENIO (CSIC-UPV) Working Paper Series 201301, INGENIO (CSIC-UPV), revised 23 May 2013.
- Marie Ferru, 2012. "Partners connection process and geography of innovation: new insights from a comparative inter-organizational partnerships analysis," Working Papers hal-00461258, HAL.
- Chiara Franco & Alberto Marzucchi & Sandro Montresor, 2012.
"Absorptive capacity, innovation cooperation and human-capital. Evidence from 3 European countries,"
JRC-IPTS Working Papers
JRC77090, Institute for Prospective and Technological Studies, Joint Research Centre, revised Nov 2012.
- Chiara Franco & Alberto Marzucchi & Sandro Montresor, 2012. "Absorptive capacity, innovation cooperation and human-capital. Evidence from 3 European countries," JRC-IPTS Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation 2012-05, Institute of Prospective Technological Studies, Joint Research Centre.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.