Regional Poverty and Income Inequality in Central and Eastern Europe: Evidence from the Luxembourg Income Study
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER) in its series Working Paper Series with number UNU-WIDER Research Paper DP2003/65.
Length: 34 pages
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
poverty; income inequality; regions; Central and Eastern Europe;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John Flemming & John Micklewright, 1999.
"Income Distribution, Economic Systems and Transition,"
Innocenti Occasional Papers, Economic Policy Series
iopeps99/69, UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre.
- Flemming, J.S. & Micklewright, John, 2000. "Income distribution, economic systems and transition," Handbook of Income Distribution, in: A.B. Atkinson & F. Bourguignon (ed.), Handbook of Income Distribution, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 14, pages 843-918 Elsevier.
- Atkinson,Anthony Barnes & Micklewright,John, 1992.
"Economic Transformation in Eastern Europe and the Distribution of Income,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521433297, November.
- Atkinson,Anthony Barnes & Micklewright,John, 1992. "Economic Transformation in Eastern Europe and the Distribution of Income," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521438827, November.
- Cowell, F.A., 2000. "Measurement of inequality," Handbook of Income Distribution, in: A.B. Atkinson & F. Bourguignon (ed.), Handbook of Income Distribution, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 2, pages 87-166 Elsevier.
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean & Aghion, Philippe, 1994.
"On the Speed of Transition in Central Europe,"
4481322, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Goerlich, Francisco J & Mas, Matilde, 2001. "Inequality in Spain 1973-91: Contribution to a Regional Database," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 47(3), pages 361-78, September.
- Michael F. Förster & Istvàn György Toth, 1997. "Poverty, inequalities and social policies in the Visegrad countries," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 5(2), pages 505-509, November.
- Lars Osberg & Kuan Xu, 1999. "Poverty Intensity: How Well Do Canadian Provinces Compare?," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 25(2), pages 179-195, June.
- Lars Osberg, 2000. "Poverty in Canada and the United States: measurement, trends, and implications," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 33(4), pages 847-877, November.
- G. Rossini & P. Zanghieri, 2002. "the EU and the enlarged EU," Working Papers 438, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Philippe Aghion & Olivier Jean Blanchard, 1994. "On the Speed of Transition Central Europe," NBER Working Papers 4736, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joachim R. Frick & Jan Goebel, 2005.
"Regional Income Stratification in Unified Germany using a Gini Decomposition Approach,"
15, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Joachim Frick & Jan Goebel, 2008. "Regional Income Stratification in Unified Germany Using a Gini Decomposition Approach," Regional Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 42(4), pages 555-577.
- Joachim R. Frick & Jan Goebel, 2005. "Regional Income Stratification in Unified Germany Using a Gini Decomposition Approach," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 540, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Frick, Joachim R. & Goebel, Jan, 2005. "Regional Income Stratification in Unified Germany Using a Gini Decomposition Approach," IZA Discussion Papers 1891, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- World Bank, 2005. "Russia : Reducing Poverty through Growth and Social Policy Reform," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8523, The World Bank.
- Cristiano Perugini & Gaetano Martino, 2008.
"Income Inequality Within European Regions: Determinants And Effects On Growth,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 54(3), pages 373-406, 09.
- Gaetano Martino & Cristiano Perugini, 2008. "Income inequality within European regions: determinants and effects on growth," Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica 52/2008, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia, Finanza e Statistica.
- Pierella Paci & Erwin R. Tiongson & Mateusz Walewski & Jacek Liwinski & Maria M. Stoilkova, 2007. "Internal Labor Mobility in Central Europe and the Baltic Region," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6598, October.
- Marek Dabrowski & Oleksandr Rohozynsky & Irina Sinitsina, 2004. "Post-Adaptation Growth Recovery in Poland and Russia - Similarities and Differences," CASE Network Studies and Analyses 0280, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Josef Novotný, 2007. "On the measurement of regional inequality: does spatial dimension of income inequality matter?," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 563-580, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.