Inequality in Spain 1973-91: Contribution to a Regional Database
AbstractThis paper provides the methodology and results of a database of inequality indices for the fifty provinces and seventeen regions of Spain on the basis of the Household Budget Surveys for the years 1973/74, 1980/81 and 1990/91. The inequality indicators considered are the indices of Gini, Theil (0), Theil (1) and Atkinson (1), as well as the distribution by deciles of the population. These indicators are drawn up for three variables: total income, total expenditure, and exclusively monetary expenditure. The variables are also expressed in terms of households, per capita and per capita equivalent. All are available on the Internet (http://www.ivie.es). Copyright 2001 by The International Association for Research in Income and Wealth.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by International Association for Research in Income and Wealth in its journal Review of Income & Wealth.
Volume (Year): 47 (2001)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0034-6586
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gaetano Martino & Cristiano Perugini, 2008.
"Income inequality within European regions: determinants and effects on growth,"
Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica
52/2008, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia, Finanza e Statistica.
- Cristiano Perugini & Gaetano Martino, 2008. "Income Inequality Within European Regions: Determinants And Effects On Growth," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 54(3), pages 373-406, 09.
- Prados de la Escosura, Leandro, 2008.
"Inequality, poverty, and the Kuznets curve in Spain : 1850-2000,"
Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
info:hdl:10016/3933, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Prados De La Escosura, Leandro, 2008. "Inequality, poverty and the Kuznets curve in Spain, 1850–2000," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(03), pages 287-324, December.
- Prados de la Escosura, Leandro, . "Inequality, poverty, and the Kuznets curve In Spain, 1850-2000," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/946, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Leandro Prados de la Escosura, 2007. "Inequality, poverty, and the Kuznets curve In Spain, 1850-2000," Working Papers in Economic History wp07-13, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Historia Económica e Instituciones.
- Forster, Michael & Jesuit, David & Smeeding, Timothy, 2003. "Regional Poverty and Income Inequality in Central and Eastern Europe: Evidence from the Luxembourg Income Study," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00587714 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gertrudes Saúde Guerreiro, 2012. "Regional Income Distribution in Portugal," CEFAGE-UE Working Papers 2012_06, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.