AbstractThis United Nations Policy Note on Financial Policies provides practical guidance on how to operationalize alternative equitable and employment-generating financial policies in National Development Strategies. This Policy Note has been developed in cooperation with UN agencies, and has been officially reviewed by distinguished academics/ development specialists such as Jose Antonio Ocampo, Jomo K.S. and Nobel Laureate Joseph Stiglitz.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs in its series Policy Notes with number 3.
Length: 52 pages
Date of creation: Jul 2007
Date of revision:
financial policies; development planning;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O1 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- O2 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy
- G0 - Financial Economics - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Philip Arestis, 2004. "Washington consensus and financial liberalization," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 27(2), pages 251-271, December.
- Giovanni Andrea Cornia & Nguyuru H. I. Lipumba, 1999. "The impact of the liberalization of the exchange rate and financial markets in sub-Saharan Africa. Editors' introduction," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(3), pages 317-319.
- Ross Levine, 1999. "Financial development and growth: where do we stand?," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 26(2 Year 19), pages 113-136, December.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Thandika Mkandawire, 1999. "The political economy of financial reform in Africa," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(3), pages 321-342.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Predrag Vasic).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.