Economics of Development and the Development of Economics
AbstractThe purpose of this paper is to restore some historical perspective by highlighting the many contributions of development economics to the rest of economics. We will point out to the younger generations how some of the glittering ideas they currently play with originally came from that now-neglected field and how in some cases they have rediscovered, with great fanfare, insights that were well-known in the development literature, familiarity with which would have enriched their own work.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of California at Berkeley in its series Economics Working Papers with number 92-196.
Date of creation: 01 Jun 1992
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, CA USA
Web page: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/groups/iber/wps/econwp.html
More information through EDIRC
Postal: IBER, F502 Haas Building, University of California, Berkeley CA 94720-1922
Other versions of this item:
- Pranab Bardhan, 1993. "Economics of Development and the Development of Economics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(2), pages 129-142, Spring.
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Popov, Vladimir, 2010.
"Development theories and development experience: half a century journey,"
28111, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vladimir Popov, 2010. "Development theories and development experience: half a century journey," Working Papers w0153, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Naqvi, Syed Nawab Haider, 1996. "The significance of development economics," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 975-987, June.
- Pereira, Luiz C. Bresser (Luiz Carlos Bresser), 2000. "After structuralism, a development alternative for Latin America," Textos para discussÃ£o 99, Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Thorbecke, Erik, 2006. "The Evolution of the Development Doctrine, 1950-2005," Working Paper Series RP2006/155, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Thorsten Wichmann, 1995. "Food Consumption and Growth in a Two Sector Economy - A Theoretical Model and Numerical Simulations," Berlecon Research Papers 0001, Berlecon Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.