Innovation-systems, path-dependency and policy: The co-evolution of science, technology and innovation policy and industrial structure in a small, resource-based economy
AbstractThis paper analyses the co-evolution of science, technology and innovation policy and industrial structure in a small, resource-based economy (Norway). The contributions of the paper are threefold. First, it develops an evolutionary and historically oriented approach to the study of the development of science, technology and innovation policy based that may have wide applicability. Second, if focuses on a particular type of innovation, innovation in resource-based activities, that differs in many respects from the more commonly studied “high-tech” case and which arguably be of relevance for may present day developing countries. Third, the paper advances our understanding of the roles played by institutions and politics in innovation. Previous work on national systems of innovation has often devoted little attention to these matters, possibly because much of it examines “snapshots” of various innovation systems at a specific point in time and lacks historical depth.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo in its series Working Papers on Innovation Studies with number 20080624.
Length: 27 pages
Date of creation: Jun 2008
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-06-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2008-06-27 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-INO-2008-06-27 (Innovation)
- NEP-TID-2008-06-27 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arslan, Aykut, 2011. "Innovative management practices and their impact on local e-government performance: The Turkish provincial municipalities," MPRA Paper 34368, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Asso, Pier Francesco & Pipitone, Vito, 2010.
"Ostacoli e determinanti dell’innovazione: un’analisi sulle imprese siciliane di successo,"
Working Papers Res
2/2010, Fondazione Res, revised 01 Dec 2010.
- Pier Francesco Asso & Vito Pipitone, 2013. "Ostacoli e determinanti dell’innovazione: un’analisi sulle imprese siciliane di successo," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, issue 3, pages 157-193, July-Sept.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (H&kon Normann).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.