Economic Integration in the Euro-Mediterranean Region
AbstractThis study evaluates the effects of the current Euro-Mediterranean Free Trade Agreement for the EU and the Mediterranean region, in order to assist policy makers in defining the next steps in the Euro-Mediterranean Road map till 2010 and beyond. It provides quantitative, qualitative and sectoral assessment of the impacts of the Euro-Mediterranean FTA on trade and investment, points out the partnerships’ strengths and weaknesses and provides policy recommendations with the view of realizing a goal of a well functioning free trade area in the future. The focus of the study is on Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Morocco, and Tunisia (MED5).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research in its series CASE Network Reports with number 0089.
Length: 183 Pages
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
EU; Mediterranean; regional integration; non-tariff barriers; international trade; investment; business perception survey;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- M38 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- P33 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - International Trade, Finance, Investment, Relations, and Aid
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alan V. Deardorff, 1995.
"Determinants of Bilateral Trade: Does Gravity Work in a Neoclassical World?,"
NBER Working Papers
5377, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan Deardorff, 1998. "Determinants of Bilateral Trade: Does Gravity Work in a Neoclassical World?," NBER Chapters, in: The Regionalization of the World Economy, pages 7-32 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Deardorff, A.V., 1995. "Determinants of Bilateral Trade : Does Gravity Work in a Neoclassical World?," Papers 95-05, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Kee, Hiau Looi & Nicita, Alessandro & Olarreaga, Marcelo, 2006.
"Estimating Trade Restrictiveness Indices,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5576, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- David H. Romer & Jeffrey A. Frankel, 1999. "Does Trade Cause Growth?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 379-399, June.
- de Backer, Koen & Sleuwaegen, Leo, 2003.
"Foreign ownership and productivity dynamics,"
Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 177-183, May.
- Koen De Backer & Leo Sleuwaegen, 2002. "Foreign ownership and productivity dynamics," Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School Working Paper Series 2002-13, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School.
- Tarik Yousef & Hassan Al-Atrash, 2000. "Intra-Arab Trade," IMF Working Papers 00/10, International Monetary Fund.
- Schiff, Maurice, 1999.
"Will the real"natural trading partner"please stand up?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2161, The World Bank.
- Schiff, Maurice, 2001. "Will the Real “Natural Trading Partner” Please Stand Up?," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 16, pages 245-261.
- repec:att:wimass:9713 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pastore Francesco & Ferragina Anna Maria & Giovannetti Giorgia, 2009.
"A Tale of Parallel Integration Processes: A Gravity Analysis of EU Trade with Mediterranean and Central and Eastern European Countries,"
Review of Middle East Economics and Finance,
De Gruyter, vol. 5(2), pages 21-44, September.
- Ferragina, Anna Maria & Giovannetti, Giorgia & Pastore, Francesco, 2005. "A Tale of Parallel Integration Processes. A Gravity Analysis of EU Trade with Mediterranean and Central and Eastern European Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 1829, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Simon J. Evenett & Wolfgang Keller, 1996.
"On Theories Explaining the Success of the Gravity Equation,"
9608001, EconWPA, revised 13 Jun 1997.
- Simon J. Evenett & Wolfgang Keller, 2002. "On Theories Explaining the Success of the Gravity Equation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 110(2), pages 281-316, April.
- Simon J. Evenett & Wolfgang Keller, 1998. "On Theories Explaining the Success of the Gravity Equation," NBER Working Papers 6529, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roberto Longo & Khalid Sekkat, 2004.
"Economic obstacles to expanding intra-African trade,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/7358, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Longo, Robert & Sekkat, Khalid, 2004. "Economic Obstacles to Expanding Intra-African Trade," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1309-1321, August.
- David Dollar & Aart Kraay, 2004.
"Trade, Growth, and Poverty,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(493), pages F22-F49, 02.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs & Andrew Warner, 1995.
"Economic Reform and the Process of Global Integration,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 26(1, 25th A), pages 1-118.
- Jeffrey Sachs & Andrew Warner, 1995. "Economic Reform and the Progress of Global Integration," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1733, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Juan Ruiz & Josep M. Vilarrubia, 2007. "The wise use of dummies in gravity models: export potentials in the Euromed region," Banco de Espaï¿½a Working Papers 0720, Banco de Espa�a.
- Koen de Backer, 2002. "Foreign ownership and productivity dynamics," Economics Working Papers 617, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Khalid Sekkat, 2004. "Does the quality of institutions limit MENA integration in the world economy?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/7360, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- repec:fth:michin:382 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pierluigi Montalbano & Silvia Nenci, 2012.
"Assessing the Trade Impact of the European Neighborhood Policy on EU-MED Free Trade Area,"
Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre'
0147, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Pierluigi Montalbano & Silvia Nenci, 2012. "Assessing the Trade Impact of the European Neighborhood Policy on EU-MED Free Trade Area," Working Paper Series 3112, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Sekkat, Khalid, 2012. "Manufactured Exports and FDI in Southern Mediterranean Countries: Evolution, determinants and prospects," CEPS Papers 6849, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Marek Dabrowski & Luc DeWulf, 2013. "Economic Development, Trade and Investment in the Eastern and Southern Mediterranean Region," CASE Network Reports 0111, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Katarzyna SidÅ‚o).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.