Communicating Pension Risk To Dc Plan Members: The Chilean Case Of A Pension Risk Simulator
AbstractThe purpose of this paper is to discuss a few issues related to how best to communicate uncertainty about projections of future pension benefits to members of DC plans, and especially to present a pension risk simulator developed by the Chilean regulator (Superintendencia de Pensiones, SP) that addresses directly how to convey that uncertainty and aims at eliciting a pro-active response from individuals in terms of contributing more and for longer..
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Superintendencia de Pensiones in its series Working Papers with number 55.
Length: 25 pages
Date of creation: Nov 2012
Date of revision: Nov 2012
Pensions; pension benefits; projections; defined contribution pension plans; financial education; communication; uncertainty;
Other versions of this item:
- Pablo Antolin & Olga Fuentes, 2012. "Communicating Pension Risk to DC Plan Members: The Chilean Case of a Pension Risk Simulator," OECD Working Papers on Finance, Insurance and Private Pensions 28, OECD Publishing.
- D14 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Saving; Personal Finance
- D18 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Protection
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- J26 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Retirement; Retirement Policies
- O16 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- O19 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - International Linkages to Development; Role of International Organizations
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pablo Antolín & Debbie Harrison, 2012. "Annual DC Pension Statements and the Communications Challenge," OECD Working Papers on Finance, Insurance and Private Pensions 19, OECD Publishing.
- Stewart, Fiona, 2014. "Proving incentives for long-term investment by pension funds -- the use of outcome-based benchmarks," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6885, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Andres Otero).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.