Adding Value to Bank Branch Performance Evaluation Using Cognitive Maps and MCDA: A Case Study
AbstractThe performance evaluation of bank branches is a difficult task. One of the main reasons for this difficulty is the complexity inherent in the variety of aspects to be considered in the evaluation, and the multiple and conflicting interests of the different stakeholders involved. In this paper we aim to show how cognitive mapping and the MACBETH approach can be used to support the evaluation of bank branches through the development of multidimensional performance evaluation systems, and to deal explicitly with the trade-offs between the different dimensions of performance and interests of different stakeholders. A case study is discussed where these techniques are used in a constructive way, making the learning activity easier and introducing transparency in the decision making process. The strengths and weaknesses of the integrated use of these two operational research techniques in this context are also discussed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department in its series Working Papers with number w200923.
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C44 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Operations Research; Statistical Decision Theory
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Halkos, George & Salamouris, Dimitrios, 2001. "Efficiency Measures of the Greek Banking Sector: A Non-Parametric Approach for the Period 1997-1999," MPRA Paper 2858, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eden, Colin & Ackermann, Fran, 2004. "Cognitive mapping expert views for policy analysis in the public sector," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 152(3), pages 615-630, February.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Cook, Wade D. & Seiford, Lawrence M. & Zhu, Joe, 2004. "Models for performance benchmarking: measuring the effect of e-business activities on banking performance," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 313-322, August.
- Bana E Costa, Carlos A. & Stewart, Theodor J. & Vansnick, Jean-Claude, 1997. "Multicriteria decision analysis: Some thoughts based on the tutorial and discussion sessions of the ESIGMA meetings," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 28-37, May.
- Paradi, Joseph C. & Schaffnit, Claire, 2004. "Commercial branch performance evaluation and results communication in a Canadian bank--a DEA application," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 156(3), pages 719-735, August.
- Hartman, Thomas E. & Storbeck, James E. & Byrnes, Patricia, 2001. "Allocative efficiency in branch banking," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 134(2), pages 232-242, October.
- Dekker, David & Post, Thierry, 2001. "A quasi-concave DEA model with an application for bank branch performance evaluation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 132(2), pages 296-311, July.
- Suwignjo, P. & Bititci, U. S & Carrie, A. S, 2000. "Quantitative models for performance measurement system," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1-3), pages 231-241, March.
- Mihelis, G. & Grigoroudis, E. & Siskos, Y. & Politis, Y. & Malandrakis, Y., 2001. "Customer satisfaction measurement in the private bank sector," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 130(2), pages 347-360, April.
- Emel, Ahmet Burak & Oral, Muhittin & Reisman, Arnold & Yolalan, Reha, 2003. "A credit scoring approach for the commercial banking sector," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 103-123, June.
- Belton, Valerie & Hodgkin, Julie, 1999. "Facilitators, decision makers, D.I.Y. users: Is intelligent multicriteria decision support for all feasible or desirable?," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 113(2), pages 247-260, March.
- Knox Lovell, C. A. & Pastor, Jesus T., 1997. "Target setting: An application to a bank branch network," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 290-299, April.
- Bana e Costa, Carlos A. & Ensslin, Leonardo & Correa, Emerson C. & Vansnick, Jean-Claude, 1999. "Decision Support Systems in action: Integrated application in a multicriteria decision aid process," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 113(2), pages 315-335, March.
- Cyree, Ken B. & Wansley, James W. & Boehm, Thomas P., 2000. "Determinants of bank growth choice," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 709-734, May.
- Cook, Wade D. & Hababou, Moez, 2001. "Sales performance measurement in bank branches," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 299-307, August.
- Bana e Costa, Carlos A. & Corrêa, Émerson C. & De Corte, Jean-Marie & Vansnick, Jean-Claude, 2002. "Facilitating bid evaluation in public call for tenders: a socio-technical approach," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 227-242, June.
- Fernando A. F. Ferreira & Paulo M.M. Rodrigues & Sérgio P. Santos & Ronald W. Spahr, 2012. "How to create indices for bank branch financial performance measurement using MCDA techniques: an illustrative example," Working Papers w201213, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Fernando A. F. Ferreira & Sérgio P. Santos & Paulo M.M. Rodrigues & Ronald W. Spahr, 2011. "Evaluating retail banking quality service and convenience with MCDA techniques: a case study at the bank branch level," Working Papers w201131, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (DEE-NTDD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.