La necesidad de teorías heterodoxas para el acercamiento entre historia y economía
[The need of Heterodox theories for a marriage between history and economics]
AbstractThis paper shows how economic theory and history can be matched with the use of heterodox theories. This matching between history and economics is needed for a better comprehension of reality. Cliometrics, regulationism, institutional economics are some of the tentative approaches that have been used. The use of only orthodox theories is not enough for an understanding of multiple economic phenomena arising in the real world.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 8746.
Date of creation: Feb 2008
Date of revision:
heterodox; theory; regulationism; institutional economics; cliometrics;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B10 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - General
- B52 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Institutional; Evolutionary
- A20 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - General
- N00 - Economic History - - General - - - General
- B25 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Historical; Institutional; Evolutionary; Austrian
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-05-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2008-05-17 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2008-05-17 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2008-05-17 (Post Keynesian Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean-Luc Demeulemeester & Claude Diebolt, 2007.
"How much could economics gain from history: the contribution of cliometrics,"
Cliometrica, Journal of Historical Economics and Econometric History,
Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC), vol. 1(1), pages 7-17, April.
- Jean Luc De Meulemeester & Claude Diebolt, 2007. "How much could economics gain from history: the contribution of cliometrics," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/13500, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.