Report NEP-HIS-2008-05-17This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo Batiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- David Galenson, 2008. "The Globalization of Advanced Art in the Twentieth Century," NBER Working Papers 14005, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aurora Gómez Galvarriato & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2008. "Was It Prices, Productivity or Policy? The Timing and Pace of Latin American Industrialization after 1870," NBER Working Papers 13990, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Valerie A. Ramey, 2008. "Time Spent in Home Production in the 20th Century: New Estimates from Old Data," NBER Working Papers 13985, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Xavier De Scheemaekere & Ariane Szafarz, 2008. "The special status of mathematical probability: a historical sketch," Working Papers CEB 08-017.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Farley Grubb, 2008. "Creating Maryland's Paper Money Economy, 1720-1739: The Role of Power, Print, and Markets," NBER Working Papers 13974, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael D. Bordo & Michael J. Dueker & David C. Wheelock, 2009. "Inflation, monetary policy and stock market conditions: quantitative evidence from a hybrid latent-variable VAR," Working Papers 2008-012, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Drakopoulos, Stavros A., 2008. "The Concept Of Comparison Income: An Historical Perspective," MPRA Paper 8713, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tetsuji Okazaki, 2008. "Industrial Development, Firm Dynamics and Patterns of Productivity Growth: The Case of the Cotton Spinning Industry in Prewar Japan, 1894-1924," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-562, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Carsten Burhop & Thorsten Luebbers, 2008. "Cartels, managerial incentives, and productive efficiency in German coal mining, 1881-1913," Working Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2008_13, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Kozo Kiyota & Tetsuji Okazaki, 2008. "Industrial Policy Cuts Two Ways: Evidence from Cotton Spinning Firms in Japan, 1956-1964," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-563, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Brandon Dupont & Alka Gandhi & Thomas J. Weiss, 2008. "The American Invasion of Europe: The Long Term Rise in Overseas Travel, 1820-2000," NBER Working Papers 13977, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christian Bayer & Carsten Burhop, 2008. "Corporate Governance and Incentive Contracts: Historical Evidence from a Legal Reform," Working Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2008_11, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Leandro Prados de la Escosura & Joan R. Roses, 2008. "Long-run Estimates of Physical Capital in Spain, 1850-2000," Working Papers in Economic History wp08-07, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Historia Económica e Instituciones.
- Marongiu, Federico, 2008.
"La necesidad de teorías heterodoxas para el acercamiento entre historia y economía
[The need of Heterodox theories for a marriage between history and economics]," MPRA Paper 8746, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Petra Moser, 2008. "An Empirical Test of Taste-based Discrimination Changes in Ethnic Preferences and their Effect on Admissions to the NYSE during World War I," NBER Working Papers 14003, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Radeljic, Branislav, 2008. "Kosovo 1998-2008: Human Rights from War to Independence," MPRA Paper 8684, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Weise, Charles L, 2008. "Political constraints on monetary policy during the Great Inflation," MPRA Paper 8694, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Robert J. Gordon & Ian Dew-Becker, 2008. "Controversies about the Rise of American Inequality: A Survey," NBER Working Papers 13982, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Getulio Nunes & Edgar Lanzer & Fernando A. Ribeiro Serra & Manuel Portugal Ferreira, 2008. "EmergÃªncia do marketing nas instituiÃ§Ãµes de ensino superior: Um estudo exploratÃ³rio," Working Papers 17, globADVANTAGE, Polytechnic Institute of Leiria.
- EL KAROUNI, Ilyess, 2008.
"ORIGINES et consolidation du changement institutionnel : le cas chinois
[ORIGINS and Strengthening of Institutional Change: the Chinese Case]," MPRA Paper 8714, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Brown, W. Mark & Gu, Wulong & Baldwin, John R., 2008. "Acces geographique au marche et effets du commerce sur la duree des cycles de production, la diversite des produits et la taille des etablissements de fabrication au Canada, 1974 a 1999," Serie de documents de recherche sur l'analyse economique (AE) 2008052f, Statistics Canada, Direction des etudes analytiques.