Large-Scale Redevelopment Initiatives and Home Values: The Case of the Atlanta Beltline Project
AbstractThis paper examines the property value impacts of a very large-scale redevelop initiative in Atlanta. Large impacts are found in lower-income neighborhoods surrounding the proposed project.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 8613.
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
gentrification; property values;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R20 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - General
- R21 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Housing Demand
- R31 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Housing Supply and Markets
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-05-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2008-05-10 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-PPM-2008-05-10 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
- NEP-URE-2008-05-10 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- G. Jud & Daniel Winkler, 2006. "The Announcement Effect of an Airport Expansion on Housing Prices," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 91-103, September.
- Weber, Rachel & Bhatta, Saurav Dev & Merriman, David, 2007. "Spillovers from tax increment financing districts: Implications for housing price appreciation," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 259-281, March.
- Carolyn A. Dehring & Craig A. Depken & Michael R. Ward, 2007.
"The Impact Of Stadium Announcements On Residential Property Values: Evidence From A Natural Experiment In Dallas-Fort Worth,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 25(4), pages 627-638, October.
- Craig A. Depken & Michael R. Ward & Carolyn A. Dehring, 2006. "The Impact of Stadium Announcements on Residential Property Values: Evidence from a Natural Experiment in Dallas-Fort Worth," Working Papers 0602, University of Texas at Arlington, Department of Economics.
- Carolyn A. Dehring & Craig A. Depken, II & Michael R. Ward, 2006. "The Impact of Stadium Announcements on Residential Property Values: Evidence from a Natural Experiment in Dallas-Fort Worth," Working Papers 0616, International Association of Sports Economists & North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Peter F. Colwell & Carolyn A. Dehring & Nicholas A. Lash, 2000. "The Effect of Group Homes on Neighborhood Property Values," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 76(4), pages 615-637.
- Kennedy, Peter E, 1981. "Estimation with Correctly Interpreted Dummy Variables in Semilogarithmic Equations [The Interpretation of Dummy Variables in Semilogarithmic Equations]," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(4), pages 801, September.
- Dean H. Gatzlaff & Marc T. Smith, 1993. "The Impact of the Miami Metrorail on the Value of Residences near Station Locations," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 69(1), pages 54-66.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.