A study on variation in comparative advantage in trade between China and India
AbstractThis Paper investigates the comparative advantage of India & China and how this has changed over the period of 2002-2012. Comparative advantage has been tested using Revealed comparative Advantage (RCA). Export Products are analyzed based on Standard International Trade Classification (SITC) revision 1, which divide total export into ten groups. It has been found that in some commodities RCA remained stable throughout the study period whereas in some commodities there has been large variation. In some commodity groups India and China complement each other whereas in some commodities they are competing they are competing with each other in the World market. The analysis can be applied to guide policy makers in their evaluation of trade and industrial policies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 53287.
Date of creation: 19 Jan 2014
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in The International Journal Of Humanities & Social Studies 1.2(2014): pp. 101-107
Revealed Comparative Advantage (RCA); International Trade; China and India;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Banerjee, Abhijit Vinayak, 2006. "The paradox of Indian growth: A comment on Kochhar et al," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(5), pages 1021-1026, July.
- Przemyslaw Kowalski, 2008.
"China and India - A Tale of Two Trade Integration Approaches,"
Trade Working Papers
22170, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Przemyslaw Kowalski, 2008. "China and India: A Tale of Two Trade Integration Approaches," Working Papers id:1637, eSocialSciences.
- Kumar, Anjani, 2010. "Exports of Livestock Products from India: Performance, Competitiveness and Determinants," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 23(1).
- Wu, Yanrui & Zhou, Zhangyue, 2006. "Changing bilateral trade between China and India," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 509-518, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.