Aspects and Importance of Digital Media in Pakistan
AbstractDigital Media has gained importance over the years, around the world. It has created impact in Pakistan too. This paper draws comparison in usage and impact of Digital Media in developed worlds with Pakistan and identifies the flaws, the potential and scope of digital media in Pakistan. Pakistan as the world’s 7th largest country has tremendous potential for digital media. However lack of knowledge, interest and resources has held Pakistan in attaining advancement in development of digital media. Though the technology has been there since 1990s yet, fewer people properly understand aspects and importance of digital media. In fact there are hardly any research papers on digital media by Pakistani authors. In this research paper we have limited our research to the limited application of digital media in Pakistan but we have discussed in detail the upcoming trends and marketing tactics adopted by marketers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 46435.
Date of creation: Mar 2013
Date of revision:
Digital Media; Pakistan; Importance of Digital Media in Pakistan; Advertising; Digital Advertising;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M30 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - General
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
- M37 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Advertising
- M39 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Other
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-04-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2013-04-27 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-ICT-2013-04-27 (Information & Communication Technologies)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Herani, Gobind M. & Rajar, Allah Wasayo & Zaman, Noor & Alam, Adnan, 2007.
"Knowledge Transformation and Economic Development: The Role of Digital Technology- An Analysis,"
5575, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2007.
- Gobind M. Herani & Riaz Ahmad Shirazi & Mr. Noor Zaman, 2007. "Knowledge Transformation and Economic Development: The Role of Digital Technology- An Analysis," Indus Journal of Management & Social Science (IJMSS), Department of Business Administration, vol. 1(1), pages 33-45, June.
- Josie Arnold, 2012. "Teaching and Learning about Writing in the Digital Media Culture: A Subjective Academic Narrative," International Journal of Asian Social Science, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 2(6), pages 950-960, June.
- Jerry Wind & Vijay Mahajan, 2002. "Digital Marketing," Symphonya. Emerging Issues in Management, University of Milano-Bicocca, issue 1 Market-.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.