Livlihood Diversification and Opinion Polls’ Analysis: Evidence From Tharparkar-Sindh (Pakistan)
AbstractIn this paper attempt has been made: (i) to analyse the opinion poll of Thareies about livilihood and its diversifaction, (ii) to identify the livlihood available resources and attitute of Thareis to these resoures. Answers of the poll questions are analysed accordingly and coclusions are drawn from this analysis. Study reveals that Tharis like agriclture and main source of it is the livestock. It is the sustanable source of income. Agriculture is fail due to shortage of rain fall. Goats and sheep are the main much growing vareites of livestock. Every body want to rear it with intrest because, it is easily saleable and cashable. Attitude of Tharis shows that some people are ready to divert from conventional agriculture and adopt the other opportunity. Therefore awareness of new opportunity is needed .
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 8050.
Date of creation: 15 Apr 2008
Date of revision:
Livlihood Diversification; Tharparkar; Agriculture; Livstock; Sustainable Source;
Other versions of this item:
- Mahmud, Muhammad & Herani, Gobind M. & Rajar, Allah Wasayo & Farooqi, Wahid, 2009. "Livlihood Diversification and Opinion Polls’ Analysis: Evidence From Tharparkar-Sindh (Pakistan)," MPRA Paper 15002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- D33 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Factor Income Distribution
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Reardon, Thomas, 1997. "Using evidence of household income diversification to inform study of the rural nonfarm labor market in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 735-747, May.
- Gobind M. Herani & Allah Wasayo Rajar & Muhammad Ali, 2007.
"Reforming Farmland and Rangeland at Tharparkar: Suggested Implementations for Income Generation,"
Indus Journal of Management & Social Science (IJMSS),
Department of Business Administration, vol. 1(1), pages 14-32, June.
- Herani, Gobind & Rajar, Allah Wasayo & Khaskheli, Muhammad Ali, 2007. "Reforming farmland and rangeland in Tharparkar: Suggested implementations for income generation," MPRA Paper 5542, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Herani, Gobind M & Rajar, Allah Wasayo & Wasim, Mohammad Pervez & Shaikh, Riaz Ahmed, 2008.
"The Nature of Poverty and Its Prospects: Pakistan Evidence,"
11654, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gobind M. Herani & Pervez Wasim & Allah Wasayo Rajar & Riaz Ahmed Shaikh, 2008. "The Nature of Poverty and Its Prospects: Pakistan Evidence," Journal of Global Economy, Research Centre for Social Sciences,Mumbai, India, vol. 4(3), pages 184-195, September.
- Herani, Gobind M. & Wasim, Pervez & Rajar, Allah Wasayo & Shaikh, Riaz Ahmed, 2008. "The Nature of Poverty and Its Prospects: Pakistan Evidence," MPRA Paper 11615, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stefan Dercon & Pramila Krishnan, 1995.
"Income portfolios in rural Ethiopia and Tanzania: choices and constraints,"
Economics Series Working Papers
WPS/1995-12, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Pramila Krishnan & Stefan Dercon, 1995. "Income portfolios in rural Ethiopia and Tanzania: choices and constraints," CSAE Working Paper Series 1995-12, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Herani, Gobind M., 2010.
"Microfinance and Self-Help Finance System to Reduce Poverty from Pakistan: An It-Based Solution,"
21264, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gobind M. Herani, 2010. "Microfinance And Self-Help Finance System To Reduce Poverty From Pakistan: An It-Based Solution," Indus Journal of Management & Social Science (IJMSS), Department of Business Administration, vol. 4(1), pages 57-63, December.
- Herani, Gobind M., 2010. "Microfinance And self-help finance system to reduce poverty from Pakistan: an it-based solution," MPRA Paper 35629, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.