Reforming farmland and rangeland in Tharparkar: Suggested implementations for income generation
AbstractThis paper is the analysis of farming and rangeland of rain-fed area of Tharparkar and it is desert area, but the concept is general and applicable for every part of the world’s desert where agriculture is rain-fed dependant. It is disadvantaged area of Pakistan. Its’ main source of income is livestock, people like agriculture, but agriculture is not sustainable source of income due to shortage of rainfall. There is need of awareness of reforming of farmland and rangeland; fencing is the best way for farmland reform. Only this practice can help the farmers supplying the fodder in drought conditions. Rangeland also should be conserved for the natural vegetation providing, fodder. Increase in livestock would lead Thar to agro-based industrial economy. We should get the lesson from the example of Denmark where previous condition was like Tharparkar.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 5542.
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
Farming; Rain Fed; Livestock; Farmland; Rangeland; Forecast; Reform; Natural-Vegetation; Sustainable; Organization;
Other versions of this item:
- Gobind M. Herani & Allah Wasayo Rajar & Muhammad Ali, 2007. "Reforming Farmland and Rangeland at Tharparkar: Suggested Implementations for Income Generation," Indus Journal of Management & Social Science (IJMSS), Department of Business Administration, vol. 1(1), pages 14-32, June.
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Herani, Gobind M & Rajar, Allah Wasayo & Wasim, Mohammad Pervez & Shaikh, Riaz Ahmed, 2008.
"The Nature of Poverty and Its Prospects: Pakistan Evidence,"
11654, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gobind M. Herani & Pervez Wasim & Allah Wasayo Rajar & Riaz Ahmed Shaikh, 2008. "The Nature of Poverty and Its Prospects: Pakistan Evidence," Journal of Global Economy, Research Centre for Social Sciences,Mumbai, India, vol. 4(3), pages 184-195, September.
- Herani, Gobind M. & Wasim, Pervez & Rajar, Allah Wasayo & Shaikh, Riaz Ahmed, 2008. "The Nature of Poverty and Its Prospects: Pakistan Evidence," MPRA Paper 11615, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mahmud, Muhammad & Herani, Gobind M. & Rajar, Allah Wasayo & Farooqi, Wahid, 2009.
"Livlihood Diversification and Opinion Polls’ Analysis: Evidence From Tharparkar-Sindh (Pakistan),"
15002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Herani, Gobind M., 2008. "Livlihood Diversification and Opinion Polls’ Analysis: Evidence From Tharparkar-Sindh (Pakistan)," MPRA Paper 8050, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Herani, Gobind M., 2007. "Computerized National Identify Card, NADRA KIOSKs and its prospects," MPRA Paper 6328, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Herani, Gobind M., 2008. "Prospects of American Scholarship to Pakistani School Students," MPRA Paper 18763, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.