India’s urban environment: air and water pollution and pollution abatement
AbstractThis paper focuses on air and water pollution in India’s cities, provides empirical evidence to demonstrate the seriousness of the challenges, discusses the relevant policies of national and local government that are used to address the challenges, discusses relevant political economy issues related to introducing pollution taxes or other policies which are aimed at “green” cities.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 43810.
Date of creation: Dec 2012
Date of revision:
Urbanisation; Environment; Air pollution; Water pollution; Fiscal instruments;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R0 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General
- Q53 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Air Pollution; Water Pollution; Noise; Hazardous Waste; Solid Waste; Recycling
- N95 - Economic History - - Regional and Urban History - - - Asia including Middle East
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-01-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2013-01-26 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2013-01-26 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-RES-2013-01-26 (Resource Economics)
- NEP-URE-2013-01-26 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zhang, ZhongXiang, 2008.
"Asian energy and environmental policy: Promoting growth while preserving the environment,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 3905-3924, October.
- Zhang, ZhongXiang, 2008. "Asian Energy and Environmental Policy: Promoting Growth While Preserving the Environment," MPRA Paper 12224, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kumar, Surender & Managi, Shunsuke, 2009. "Compensation for environmental services and intergovernmental fiscal transfers: The case of India," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(12), pages 3052-3059, October.
- Sridhar, Kala Seetharam, 2009. "Costs and Challenges of Local Urban Services: Evidence from India's Cities," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198060840.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.