Inward Processing Trade and the Romanian foreign trade
AbstractThe paper underlines the importance of the Inward Processing Trade (IPT), supporting it by the standard examples from South East Asia. The author tries to estimate the IPT for the case of Romania using the available data and taking into considerations the benefits both in the long and short run recommends a few policies, like adapting the information and statistical data to the requirements of accurate evaluations of IPT dimensions, introducing fiscal and non-fiscal incentives for the economic actors operating under IPT regime, creating an IPT promoting regime and implementing a supporting strategy for the companies operating under the IPT regime.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 42063.
Date of creation: 16 Sep 2003
Date of revision:
trade; inward processing trade;
Other versions of this item:
- Georgescu, George, 2003. "Inward Processing Trade And The Romanian Foreign Trade," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 112-122, December.
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert C. Feenstra, .
"Integration Of Trade And Disintegration Of Production In The Global Economy,"
Department of Economics
98-06, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- Robert C. Feenstra, 1998. "Integration of Trade and Disintegration of Production in the Global Economy," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(4), pages 31-50, Fall.
- Robert Feenstra, 2003. "Integration Of Trade And Disintegration Of Production In The Global Economy," Working Papers 986, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Lemoine, FranÃ§oise, 1998. "Integrating Central and Eastern Europe In the European Trade and Production Network," UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, Working Paper Series qt5r66s4ng, UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, UC Berkeley.
- repec:wii:bpaper:bowp:027 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert Feenstra & Gordon Hanson, 2001. "Global Production Sharing and Rising Inequality: A Survey of Trade and Wages," NBER Working Papers 8372, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Georgescu, George, 2014. "International fragmentation of production. Local vulnerabilities and capitalization of heritage values in Romania," MPRA Paper 57255, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Georgescu, George, 2005.
"Parametrii macroeconomici în derivă
[Economic Parameters Turn Adrift]," MPRA Paper 26319, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.