Parametrii macroeconomici în derivă
[Economic Parameters Turn Adrift]
AbstractThe paper updates a warning launched by the author a year earlier regarding the effects of Inward/Outward Processing Trade flows, already entered a marginal decrease path. The high volatility of these flows, totally escaping the perception of decision makers, is threatening Romania’s appropriate management of the financial framework sustainability on medium and long term. In the first half of 2005, the economic parameters deteriorated in real terms more than shows the official data, as concerns net exports contribution to GDP, trade and current account balance, leading to the increase in external debt, which are endangering also the country risk rating, implicitly the costs of external borrowing in order to cover the rising financial gap.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 26319.
Date of creation: 10 Oct 2005
Date of revision:
Inward Processing Trade; Balance of Payments; Current Account; External debt; Economic Growth; Country Risk;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F34 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Lending and Debt Problems
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- E20 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Georgescu, George, 2004.
"Marele pericol care planează asupra economiei
[The Danger which Hangs Over the Romanian Economy]," MPRA Paper 23795, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Georgescu, George, 2003.
"Inward Processing Trade And The Romanian Foreign Trade,"
Journal for Economic Forecasting,
Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 112-122, December.
- Georgescu, George, 2003. "Inward Processing Trade and the Romanian foreign trade," MPRA Paper 42063, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.