Indicadores econômicos e sociais da produção agrícola para a economia brasileira
[Economic and social indicators of agricultural production for the Brazilian economy]
AbstractBrazil has about 30% of GDP from agribusiness sectors. This shows the importance of agribusiness in the country, which is also one of the largest agricultural producers in the world. Considering the linkage effects of shocks in some non-agricultural and agricultural sectors selected, this study sought to evaluate the importance of these sectors to economic and social growth of the country. It also assessed the impact on the expansion of cultivated areas. It was found that the impacts on employment, remuneration, value of production and GDP in the economy are larger to shocks in the agro-industrial sectors that for some selected non-agricultural sectors. However, the processing of their products is essential to achieve greater impact by acreage and better-paying job.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 40395.
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision:
indicators; agribusiness; input-output matrix;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D57 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Input-Output Tables and Analysis
- O13 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-08-23 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guilhoto, J. J. M. & Sesso Filho, U. A., 2005.
"Estimação da Matriz Insumo-Produto a Partir De Dados Preliminares das Contas Nacionais
[Estimation of input-output matrix using preliminary data from national accounts]," MPRA Paper 38212, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.