O potencial criador de emprego e renda do turismo no Brasil
[The potential to create employment and income from tourism in Brazil]
AbstractThe main objective of this paper is to asses the tourism activity in Brazil, and examine, particularly, its capacity to generate employment. To this aim an input output matrix, that considers the tourism as a set of sectors of the economy, was computed for the year 2006. This matrix made it possible to examine the main relationships between tourism and the rest of the economy. Forward linkages and backward linkages of the tourism sector were computed. In addition, the effects of the development of the tourism sector on income and employment were analyzed and compared in this respect with the average of the Brazilian economy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 30693.
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
Tourism; Tourism Economic; Input-output Model; Employment and Income; Brazil;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J01 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics: General
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
- J49 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Other
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guilhoto, J. J. M. & Sonis, M. & Hewings, G. J. D., 2005. "Linkages and Multipliers in a Multiregional Framework: Integration of Alternative Approaches," MPRA Paper 38213, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Casimiro Filho, Francisco & Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins, 2003.
"Matriz de insumo-produto para a economia turística brasileira: construção e análise das relações intersetoriais
[Input-output matrix for the Brazilian tourism economy: construction and analys," MPRA Paper 37963, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guilhoto, J. J. M. & Sesso Filho, U. A., 2005.
"Estimação da Matriz Insumo-Produto a Partir De Dados Preliminares das Contas Nacionais
[Estimation of input-output matrix using preliminary data from national accounts]," MPRA Paper 38212, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Camelia Surugiu & Cristi Frent & Marius Surugiu, 2009. "Tourism and its impact upon the Romanian economy: an input-output approach," Analele Stiintifice ale Universitatii "Alexandru Ioan Cuza" din Iasi - Stiinte Economice, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 56, pages 355-376, November.
- David, Leticia Scretas & Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins, 2012.
"O Potencial da Economia da Cultura no Brasil
[The Potential of Cultural Economics in Brazil]," MPRA Paper 46958, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.