Governance and Intelligence: Empirical Analysis from African Data
AbstractThis study aims at testing the relation between intelligence and governance. It is based on African data. This study finds that countries with high-IQ populations enjoy good governance.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 39937.
Date of creation: 13 May 2012
Date of revision:
Institution; Governance; Intelligence; Africa;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D73 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Bureaucracy; Administrative Processes in Public Organizations; Corruption
- O55 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Africa
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
- D02 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Institutions: Design, Formation, and Operations
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-07-23 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jones, Garett, 2011. "National IQ and National Productivity: The Hive Mind Across Asia," Asian Development Review, Asian Development Bank, vol. 28(1), pages 51-71.
- Garett Jones & W. Joel Schneider, 2010. "Iq In The Production Function: Evidence From Immigrant Earnings," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 48(3), pages 743-755, 07.
- Niklas Potrafke, 2011.
"Intelligence and Corruption,"
Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz
2011-36, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Jones, Garett, 2008. "Are smarter groups more cooperative? Evidence from prisoner's dilemma experiments, 1959-2003," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 68(3-4), pages 489-497, December.
- Garett Jones & W. Schneider, 2006.
"Intelligence, Human Capital, and Economic Growth: A Bayesian Averaging of Classical Estimates (BACE) Approach,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 71-93, 03.
- Garett Jones & W. Joel Schneider, 2005. "Intelligence, Human Capital, and Economic Growth: A Bayesian Averaging of Classical Estimates (BACE) Approach," Development and Comp Systems 0507005, EconWPA.
- Axel Dreher, 2002. "Does Globalization Affect Growth?," Development and Comp Systems 0210004, EconWPA, revised 04 Feb 2003.
- Ann Owen & Julio Videras & Lewis Davis, 2009.
"Do all countries follow the same growth process?,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 265-286, December.
- Kodila-Tedika, Oasis & Tcheta-Bampa, Albert, 2014. "Cold War and Institutional Quality: Some Empirical Evidence," MPRA Paper 53965, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Oasis, Kodila-Tedika & Remy, Bolito-Losembe, 2014.
"Poverty and Intelligence: Evidence Using Quantile Regression,"
56467, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Oasis Kodila-Tedika & Remy Bolito-Losembe, 2014. "Poverty and Intelligence: Evidence using Quantile Regression," Economic Research Guardian, Weissberg Publishing, vol. 4(1), pages 25-32, June.
- Kodila-Tedika , Oasis, 2014.
"Forget your gods: African evidence on the relation between state capacity and cognitive ability of leading politicians,"
European Economic Letters,
European Economics Letters Group, vol. 3(1), pages 7-11.
- Kodila-Tedika, Oasis, 2013. "Forget your gods: African evidence on the relation between state capacity and cognitive ability of leading politicians," MPRA Paper 46449, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kodila-Tedika, Oasis, 2014. "Education, paludisme et moustiquaires imprégnées d'insecticide en Afrique sub-saharienne," MPRA Paper 55913, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Garett Jones & Niklas Potrafke, 2014. "Human Capital and National Institutional Quality: Are TIMSS, PISA, and National Average IQ Robust Predictors?," CESifo Working Paper Series 4790, CESifo Group Munich.
- Oasis, Kodila-Tedika, 2013. "Do Nations Combine O-Rings with Cobb-Douglas? Evidence from agriculture, equipment production, and the informal sector," MPRA Paper 51347, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.